TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Monday Bitchfest 4/24

• Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes by starting this.....

My MBF is the lady at work who thinks it's funny that I got strep from her..... (at least we're assuming it's from her). Like seriously??? Strep sucks and strep on top of being pregnant is not funny either.

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• My MBF goes out to pretty much anyone who sells John Deere riding lawn mowers! Trying to surprise DH with a new tractor for his birthday in a couple weeks and theyre all like $2k! Why the heck are they so expensive?!?!
  • Loading the player...
  • @SaphireSweetie88. I'm so sorry!  Hope you feel better soon.  Seriously, strep is horrendous!  Why would she think that's funny?
  • @SaphireSweetie88 That sucks and she's evil to think that it's funny.  Getting a pregnant women sick and being glad about?...there's a special place in Hades for people like her.  Feel Better. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• I actually have a one today.  People who don't RSVP! I am having a birthday party for my DDs on Sunday and invited about 25 kids from their school.  Invitations went out early April with a RSVP by 4/23 date.  Literally 5 people responded.  That is all.  And of those 5, only 3 are coming.  What the hell! I need to give a head count to the place (I'm paying per person) on Wednesday and only 5 people responded.  Isn't it rude to not RSVP?  Is it just me?  Should I assume the other 80% of kids we invited aren't attending?  I mean let me know either way!!   I'm irrationally upset about this too... my girls will be devastated when none of their friends show up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had to drink the orange drink for my glucose test this morning. My midwife told me that I could come early and get the drink early so I wouldn't have to wait too long after my check-up to get blood tested. Didn't get the drink until they called me back, when my appointment was scheduled to start. I'm now fighting a headache after not drinking water from 7:15-10:15 and having no caffiene or food until I got to work. 
  • @nktrodden826 - My DH wanted one too but I thought they were too expensive.  We ended up getting something much cheaper and he still whines about it every time he mows the lawn.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I went to a walk-in clinic on Saturday morning and the doctor gave me Amoxicillin to take 2 times a day for 10 days so I am feeling better
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• My MBF is my MIL - her actions (or lack thereof) make her seem so self-absorbed. My mom planned and hosted the baby shower we had for DD. And MIL never once offered help to host or whatnot. One of my younger SILs had a baby last August and again MIL didn't even think to plan or host a baby shower for her own daughter while she was back in town visiting. It just seems so absurd that my MIL doesn't think of these things. 

And I try not to over-think it, because everyone is different - but she doesn't think to buy anything for her grandkids until they are born (if she actually buys anything). It's weird to me because my mom includes unborn grandkids in holidays too - like buying Christmas gifts, and she even bought a couple of onesies for our LO for Easter, along with her current grandkids. MIL hasn't bought one thing for LO....is this the norm with your parents?
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • @notachanski can you not pay after the party? Most places will let if you tell them that only 3 rsvp to come. 

I lost it on a lady in a public group on facebook today. It's a rant page about the city I live, got to love those right? I never comment on those but I had to. There was a post that came up about the sex offender list in my county, and this lady went on to say that she knew a guy that just served 25 in prison for sexually molesting children, has had no rehab, hes been going to a church that is a block from where i live, taking public transportation, and hasn't turned himself in. She told the pastor of the church and i guess he talked to the man and tild him not to come back and also told public transit so hes not allowed to ride the buses. He's been out for "a few weeks" in her words, the family has asked her to wait to see if he will report himself and register. Um, no lady he will not. Then she went on to talk about the apartments he lived in and said she hasn't told the apartment manager because of the condition of these apartments and no one would care. There are still children that live there people still care about their children even if they can't afford a $1000 a month rent on a fancy apartment. How can you be so ignorant? 
  • @notachanski see, idk if he'll be as excited if it's not the John Deere. I can imagine him saying I should hve bought a push mower until we saved up for a JD... even on Craigslist they're at least $1500 and if not it's because it's a 1985 that doesn't run...yet they're still asking $300! 
  • @hyperangel_8509  I think you're just experiencing both  extremes at the same time. Most parents I know buy things for their future grandchildren and help with showers but I think your parents are extremely generous to be specifically buying Christmas and Easter gifts for kids that aren't  born yet. Whereas your MIL seems thoughtless- so the other side of the spectrum. 

I would think either of the scenarios you described were out of the norm but one is overly nice and one is overly mean. Does that make sense? 
  • @SaphireSweetie88 ugh who thinks it's funny  to get anyone sick, let alone a pregnant woman?! Glad to hear you're on meds that are helping!

@MrsLa3 I'm speechless. Is that woman going to report him?? Were other people on the thread pissed? I didn't think it could get worse until the part about not caring because of th condition of the apartments. What is wrong with people!!!!
  • @Potterphile, yes that makes sense! I keep thinking that maybe my mom is the crazy grandma with buying stuff, so I try not to let that cloud my judgement on my MIL. It just seems so weird to me - even I've bought small gifts for my close friends expecting prior to a baby shower just as a "YAY!" sort of way of celebrating a new life. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • ljd2010 said:
    @SaphireSweetie88 ugh who thinks it's funny  to get anyone sick, let alone a pregnant woman?! Glad to hear you're on meds that are helping!

@MrsLa3 I'm speechless. Is that woman going to report him?? Were other people on the thread pissed? I didn't think it could get worse until the part about not caring because of th condition of the apartments. What is wrong with people!!!!
    Other people were furious. But no one made a response like I did. Other people were saying how mad they were that she wouldn't give a name. I called her ignorant and told her she was just as bad as the offender because she's actually putting children in danger. I also told her it shows the kind of person she is because she thinks people don't care about their children because the place they live. 
  • @hyperangel_8509 but your MIL still sucks for the record  :)
  • MrsLa3 said:
    ljd2010 said:
    @SaphireSweetie88 ugh who thinks it's funny  to get anyone sick, let alone a pregnant woman?! Glad to hear you're on meds that are helping!

Other people were furious. But no one made a response like I did. Other people were saying how mad they were that she wouldn't give a name. I called her ignorant and told her she was just as bad as the offender because she's actually putting children in danger. I also told her it shows the kind of person she is because she thinks people don't care about their children because the place they live. 
    Honestly - part of me wonders if it was just MUD. Like, why would she be 'protecting' him and not give his name? What does she have to gain from that? If anything, she should have happily given all the details so someone else could report him and she could stay out of it. And if it's not MUD, then that is just ridiculous. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @rae1-3 she hasn't outed him because she's friend with the family and they've asked her wait. She's shitty enough to do it. 
  • @MrsLa3 - Yeah, I think you are right. I can actually pay the day of the party but still.... I'd like to have an idea how many. 

Also, I would be pissed about your situation too.  Who knows what can happen in a few weeks.  One day could be too late.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • abmommy15abmommy15 member
    edited April 2017
    Ugh just went to update and accidentally deleted my whole post.  Basic version is MIL refuses to make time to visit us when she's in the same city but consistently travels to visit her step son.
  • @notachanski my mom has had similar issues while planning my shower. Six people didnt respond, and now we're trying to hunt them down. I have a friend who I've known since elementary school who didn't answer and never even responded to my wedding invite.  It's rude. 
  • star_beaglestar_beagle member
    edited April 2017
    This could not be a worse week for everything to have to happen. We have a big, big project due Friday and my team member and I are working furiously to finish. We are out for two days this week at all day meetings where one of the other team members didn't do something she was supposed to do 6 weeks ago and now it's messing up one of my projects. Not to mention, we consistently have to do her job for her. And then, I'm super worried about Friday. Sorry to bring in politics, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to experience my first furlough because Congress is full of stupidity. Not exactly what I need right now as I'm in the final countdown to baby. 
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017