November 2017 Moms

Re: Monday B-Fest 4/24

• Bloody viral infection making my life complicated! The baby has a viral rash that is contagious, so I can't take him around other kids. That means I can't take him with me to drop my 4 yr old off at school. Which means I have to figure out something with DH (who likes to complicate things) so he can be home or in the car with the baby while I drop off and pick up the 4 yr old. DH is so entirely busy at work (like, he's triple booked for meetings) that this isn't really feasible. Stupid quarantine!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Finding comfortable clothes has absolutely sucked the past few days. Regular jeans (unbuttoned, of course) and maternity jeans both hit uncomfortablely. I think need my uterus to get just a little higher up so my other organs stopped getting squished by waist bands??  I need some more dresses, I guess

• Loading the player...
  • @ariasbabyblog ugh that sounds really difficult to juggle! Hopefully YH can get away to help!
    @ArtificialRed I feel you. Today's the first day I feel ok and actually have my pants buttoned because they used to me too big for me and are comfy now.

I've just got a case of the Mondays. Don't feel like being at work, wish it was the weekend again. I'm actually a little bit nervous that my pants are fitting me which is silly because *TMI* I actually had a decent BM this morning that got rid of some bloat and these pants have never fit me. Anddd on Saturday my jeans got so tight while we were out that I got a really awful stomachache. So I need to chill.

I also meant to go to barre today during lunch and I actually brought clothes to work and everything but I'm nauseous so I'm skipping. Which makes me feel like I'm making excuses but nausea is real!

• All the things. 

1. Soooo constipated ans nauseous today
    2. They just told us today we are relocating our offices Thursday and I am getting stuck in a temporary small conference room with two other people. And every time I need to meet with students or faculty or do an online lecture I have to find somewhere else to go to do it.
    4. There are some super annoying sounds outside my office right now
    5. The bathroom cleaner made me want to vomit.
    6. My boss is super moody today
    Done. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today is my first day back at work in two weeks and I'm already annoyed that the substitute literally did the opposite of everything I left for her to do. Now my students are having to reel back from two weeks of doing basically everything they know they're not supposed to do  :|
  • I worked 12 hour shifts all weekend long in a swamped ER and maybe got 6 hours of sleep each night. I help out my father in law, and do artwork for his shop and he needed help today. I'm just so tired and over it. I need a dark room, take out and no people for 24 hours, but I have just enough time to run home, eat and shower before DD has to be picked up from school. Blah. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @duchessofcambridge I feel you on the case of the Mondays.  I just want to go back home and back to bed.  I care about nothing right now.  If I care about anything, good or bad, I'll randomly start crying so...it's anti-emotion for me I guess.  I'm tired of crying over the dumbest things.  Yesterday, Forrest Gump made me cry.  The day before that, it was a song.  Day before was because I was excited my new leggings came in.  The other day, it was the Walmart commercial with the Wonder Years theme song.  There's seriously no rhyme or reason to it and it's unpredictable.  Oh the joys...

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I generally love Mondays because weekends are so hard for me being home alone with all 4 kids. 
    BUT this Monday started off with my teen (the same one who absolutely ruined all of my family photos last night) absolutely refusing to go to school because he stayed up all night on his phone that I requested DH not buy for him but he did anyways and now I have absolutely nothing but problems from the kid. I swear to god, I am going to smash all the electronics in this house. 
     I already feel very strongly about electronics ( my 1.5 yr old foster child never watches TV and listening to the radio is as far as I go)  and the fact that my DH just gives in your everything his kids wants pissed me off. I hid 3 tablets and two Xboxes  in January when I got pissed one day and STILL nobody has asked for them black because they have enough shit that they don't need them.anyways now the teen is home from sChoo l ( DH said he will "deal" with it when he gets home) and I don't get my alone time or anything because he's blasting the fucking TV.  
    Ugh. 
  • X sent DD home yesterday without her backpack. I wouldn't be half as mad as I am, but he's already lost her other backpack so we need this one for school. He has also 'lost' two pairs of winter boots, two coats, and a pair of snow pants, all in the last 3 months. She also came home wearing another little girl's clothes last week. We've been doing this ffor 4.5 years now. It shouldn't be that difficult for him to just remember to send all of her belongings home.

Also, this exhaustion can end any time. I am SO over it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not only did I sleep poorly but so did my son. He was up in the MOTN moaning and wouldn't stay asleep without me. He has developed a rash which I think is food related but have no idea really. H is taking him to the doctor at 5pm and whoa mom guilt because I can't be there. We might end up doing allergy testing after all.

Did I make sense? I'm tired. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • X sent DD home yesterday without her backpack. I wouldn't be half as mad as I am, but he's already lost her other backpack so we need this one for school. He has also 'lost' two pairs of winter boots, two coats, and a pair of snow pants, all in the last 3 months. She also came home wearing another little girl's clothes last week. We've been doing this ffor 4.5 years now. It shouldn't be that difficult for him to just remember to send all of her belongings home.

Also, this exhaustion can end any time. I am SO over it. 
    My ex does this too.  Drives me INSANE.  I pack really carefully these days and I check his bag during handoff.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• @pawcall @armstrongatron I sent mine with a list of what's in his bag.  Then I took a picture of the list and checked it all in the car before I left his house.  My son can't go over there overnight anymore, but if he ever could, I'd do the same.  Ex would lose his head if it wasn't attached.  Although I'd argue he probably has already lost it and it's merely hanging on for dear life.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I feel for you all. I normally enjoy mondays but holy moly let's talk Murphy's law today.  :s  I went to Walmart to buy some diapers for DD1 and tried to checkout using Walmart pay (I transferred money from my savings catcher!) but they were having issues. Told me their debit machines were down and to pay with cash or leave. Ugh. So we went to the service desk. Still no. Then 20 minutes later we were told they had it fixed only for it to not work again! (I didn't have cash only my debit card but couldn't use it either since their debit was down). Finally 5 registers later we were able to pay for diapers! 
    So we got to McDonalds only for them to tell me they can't run my card as credit (what? Seriously?) so hubby had to call the bank and set up a pin so I could eat lunch. *rolls*eyes* 
    I ate half on my way home and ran inside to get my dogs (we were going to my parents house as they have 10 acres) and in the time from letting the dogs in the car to the time I walked around and got in the car one of the dogs ate my cheeseburger.  :| 
    first world problems but holy moly is it bedtime yet?! 
  • Headaches. Headaches are a b****. Chiropractor is out of the office this week. Still waiting to see if the massage therapist has any openings. How is it 2017 and pregnant women can still not take motrin?!?!?!?
  • @08-16-08jms I had a headache yesterday that would not go away no matter what I did. Last resort, I used one of those rice/herb packs you heat up in a microwave. It's meant for your eyes and I got it after my LASIK surgery. Just so happens all my headaches are between or behind my eyes and it worked out pretty well. That and laying in a dark room helped but who has time for that every time they get a headache. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• I'm so fucking done guys. I'm so over it. I've had literally the worst day then DH and I got in an argument because TWO WEEKS AGO ( on thursday) when my grandmother died I told him that this upcoming Sunday would probably be the memorial. When it was confirmed last week I wrote it on the calendar and reminded him every single day about it. Then today he's telling me he probably can't get it off because Sundays are really busy at work and they need him ( let me note that he owns the business and has a partner).  Then he told me that I'm being selfish and I can't expect him to just drop everything for me all the time. All after telling me that the eulogy I just spent an hour crying over/ working on wasn't good. 
    Then he went to work. 
    I'm so upset. 
    I was so so close with my grandmother and he knows that, he knows that this baby is names after my grandmother and that she was so happy about that fact. He knows how devastated I've been and he sees me breaking down all the time because it's SO HARD to be grieving right now. I don't understand how he can be so unsupportive. 
    I don't usually like to talk about my relationship but this is just too much. 
  • @bcashaw I'm so sorry for your loss. Honestly that is a horrible thing for YH to do. Even if he absolutely couldn't get the day off there are better ways to go about it. I hope things work out and that he sees that he should go to support you. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @bcashaw I totally agree with @slaven. I'm so sorry your H is acting that way. Even if his work truly is crazy and he can't make the funeral, he should be supporting you, not making you feel worse.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @bcashaw That stinks. I can't believe he's acting that way, especially after he expects you to be at home taking care of all of his kids. I would put my foot down on this one.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @bcashaw I'm sorry, but that's just awful. No one deserves to be treated that way. He should be supporting you and he should be going to the funeral regardless of work. You were clearly close to your grandmother, this isn't some distant relative. I hate when people prioritize the job over their loved ones. And if you want to post your eulogy somewhere us bump ladies would be happy to read it! I'm sure it's great anyways! If you put love into it, it has to be! 
  • @bcashaw I'm sure your eulogy is beautiful. He is being totally out of line. Sometimes people don't know how to react in situations like this and instead of being supportive they become the opposite because they don't like seeing the people they love hurting (not that that is an excuse because you don't deserve the way he is treating you). I hope he comes to his senses and apologises and goes to the funeral to support you. 
  • @bcashaw Unless he's a surgeon performing life saving miracles on Sunday, he's so out of line and it's completely unfair to you. I am sure your eulogy is a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. I hope he comes to his senses and even if he can't go to the funeral he apologizes for his behavior. 

• Thanks guys. He slept on the couch last night and we are currently not speaking. I feel like I don't even want to look at him right now 
  • @pawcall @mariposa_767s We used to have a notebook that went back and forth in her backpack with a list of things, and any notes/questions. We also used it to keep a log of any medications we had to give her. It pretty much stopped when she started school. He picks her up from daycare every Friday because I usually end up staying late at the restaurant, and he usually drops her off with my mother sunday evenings. I may have to institute the usage of the notebook again. He is supposed to keep clothes for her at his place, but I have to send a new batch every year or so because he can't be bothered to go shopping for stuff that fits her. 

@bcshaw I'm so sorry that you're going through all of that. It's so difficult going through a loss, and feeling like your partner or any major part of your support network just doesn't care. Sending you hugs! I hope he comes around for you soon.   
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So tired.  Headaches. Nausea. Constipation.  Stress.... Saturday was a horrible day, I had to go into work,  I got a call from my dad saying my cousin had been in a car accident and died... So I stayed at work until we weren't super busy... I was told my boss that I was going to leave to be with my family.  I call my husband to ask if he wants to go with me, and he tells me he's going into the ER because he smashed his thumb and the nail was pretty much off and his thumb had split open (he normally just puts duct tape on cuts, even if he needs stitches...Men.) so I had to go to the ER to sit with him so his friend could go home and that was 3 hours long... and by the time we got home DH wasn't feeling well with the meds and stuff so we didn't go see my family and then I had to go to work for 15 hours on Sunday... My boss is an idiot. and the other guy in the tower smokes so after he comes in from having his cigarette, I have to smell that all day... I'm so tired and so over working, why can't I be on maternity leave already! 

@bcshaw I'm so sorry for your loss and I wish that you had the support you needed... Sending you lots of hugs. 
  • @bcashaw @Furmommy I'm so sorry for both your losses and crummy days. I hate when people smoke and come back and I have to smell it, it makes me so nauseous and gives me a migraine.

• @DuchessOfCambridge  Yes! I cannot stand the smell... 
  • @bcashaw and @Furmommy big hugs, so sorry for your losses  :'(
  • @Furmommy I'm so sorry for your loss! What a crazy busy day you've had. ❤
  • 2Dash2Dash member
    @Furmommy - that sucks - so sorry about your cousin and for your family.  We had a couple of losses at the same time this year - and it was really hard on everyone. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge  @BayCamp @bcashaw @2Dash  Thank you all, it means a lot... Hopefully this week won't be as stressful as this past weekend was
  • @Furmommy I'm so sorry for your loss and that you weren't able to get to family!