December 2017 Moms

Pregnant after IF Check in Wk Apr 24th

1) How far along are you? 

2) How are you feeling physically and emotionally? 

3) When is your next appointment? 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions 

5) GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring flower?
*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: Pregnant after IF Check in Wk Apr 24th

• 1) How far along are you? 6+5

2) How are you feeling physically and emotionally? Starting to feel like I'm getting some symptoms again.... mild nausea...touch of a little vomiting yesterday. Vertigo and intermittent cramping. Had some pretty painful dull cramping in the wee hours of the morning that had me concerned today. Nothing going on with it now, but was strong enough to wake me.

3) When is your next appointment? Wednesday 26

4) Rants/Raves/Questions 

5) GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring flower? Daffodils!
  • 1) How far along are you? 
    6w,3D

Not well with either honestly. MS is all day sickness and had been amped up since starting the progesterone. My head also has been pounding since then. I also just got the call from my RE that my TSH is even more elevated now and my endo just went on maternity leave Friday so I'm hoping someone from their office gets back to me. It's gone up a full point since they increased my dose of levothyroxine 3 1/2 weeks ago..it's just not helping my PAIF anxiety. 

Next Monday for scan and bloodwork 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions 
    those on progesterone supplements, how long do you have to take them for?  

i love Sunflowers..I'm so happy we are finally getting some Spring like weather here. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • @Marley629 Hmmm I do terribly on thyroid hormone supplements (always makes me go hyper) But lots of the docs Ive been seeing have been advocating for people that are having a hard time regulating on just levo (which I think is just t4) to try something like armour (or naturethroid if you need to be gluten free) since it also contains some of the active t3. I know that is kryptonite for me, but might be something to think about (or I guess keep ratcheting up the dose of synthroid?). It might also be why you are having headaches? I always had headaches when my thyroid was imbalanced.
  • @dragonette505 sorry the cramping woke you up, hopefully its just your uterus streching to make room for your little! Fx for your US on wednesday!
    @Marley629  that progesterone can be a B. It can really amp up your symptoms. I hope it will all be worth it though. Sorry your thyroid is more out of wack. Fx someone calls you back soon.  
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @dragonette505 Woohoo more symptoms! I'm sorry about the vomiting spell though.
    @Marley629 That's a good question. I haven't asked my RE yet how long I should plan to be on progesterone. I'm sorry your symptoms are so intense but I'm sure it's a good sign!

6w1d (I thought I was a day further but RE says I'm 6w1d so I guess I'll listen to her)

2) How are you feeling physically and emotionally? I still feel fine. Exhausted yesterday. A bit gassy. But aside from that no MS or anything. I usually get a runny nose by now too and I'm kind of worried I don't have that. I keep trying to remind myself that every pregnancy is different.

3) When is your next appointment? Tomorrow for a new OB and Thursday for an u/s with RE

4) Rants/Raves/Questions When did/will your RE have you "graduate"? Mine suggested it would be at 7w4d... so soon!

5) GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring flower? Magnolias!

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• @ameliabedelia-2 Oh no! Sounds like you need to quarantine your whole family! How bout them Caps though?!

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left

• Thank you @PennStateCait @dragonette505 @wabash15! I'm hoping they call me back soon. I of course ventured down the rabbit hole that is Google. Not a good idea! 

@dragonette505  thank you for that info! I'll def pick my endo' brain if they call me back. I'm sorry you are starting to get symptoms again but at same time I know they can provide some peace of mind so yayyy too!! 

@PennStateCait  FX for a great appt with new OB and for scan Thursday! Can't wait for updates! 

@ameliabedelia-2  hoping the stomach bug stays far away from you and DD 

DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• @Marley629 sorry I missed your question, Both of my RE's wanted me on progesterone through the first trimester...
    @PennStateCait With my last RE I would have graduated at ~9 weeks TW*** but my first pregnancy ended in a mmc just before this End TW+** and we moved across the country with the twins so we graduated at 7+3. I am not sure when my current RE will consider me graduated.
    @ameliabedelia-2 I hope everyone feels better soon!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @Marley629, Progesterone is the worst. It makes me crampy and have stomach issues. Luckily I am a week from being done with it! 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • baevnbaevn member
    5+5
    Nausea on and off. Sooo anxious, I haven't seen my doc yet and I feel like I need confirmation. I also found out that the hospital where i live doesn't let people deliver here if their bmi is over a certain amount and while I am not there, I am overweight and if I gained a bunch I could go over it. So i am worrying about weight gain and all i want to eat right now is carbs. 
    Tomorrow thank goodness
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions 
    See above for my rant 
    Not really?
  • @baevn I don't think they should count weight gained while pregnant towards your BMI, but I'm not a MD... fx its not an issue for you.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 @PennStateCait @Marley629 Thanks y'all... it's tough not knowing if I'm progressing between visits, though I felt pretty yucky today so hopefully that's good! Lol
    @baevn I think @wabash15 is correct that I believe they should be reckoning with your normal bmi. We will all be over our normal weight (hopefully!!!) by the end. 
  • @Marley629 they have me on Progesterone to week 8. I threw a fit and am taking it orally, which is a lot better, but it makes me dizzy for about an hour afterwards.

@PennStateCait I think they have me graduate at 8 weeks - same time as I quit the progesterone... but I haven't asked... probably going to wait 'til I see the heartbeat

5+4

Doing better emotionally, though I still have ups and downs. I woke up in the middle of the night last night with sore boobs! So excited! I am on Progesterone, of course, but it hasn't ever been a symptom of prog for me ever since we started fertility treatment (and I've been on it since the end of March and I'm only just now getting sore boobs). SO... super excited.

Friday morning at 7:45 for a scan... c'mon heartbeat! (I'll be 6+1)

4) Rants/Raves/Questions 
         I am going to feel so much better if we see a heartbeat on Friday. If we don't, I'm going to have a whole week to wither in misery expecting the worst. Ugh.

Tulips are my favourite flower, and I suppose they are pretty springy! Though we have some lilac growing in our yard and it smells so good!

TCC since Feb 2013
    No, I'm not an early bird, but that doesn't mean I'm a night owl.... I guess I'm an afternoon duck?
    Type A personality, Type B body
    First BFP with donor sperm 04/11/2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • So progesterone question for those on it....is the overall consensus that you take it to week 8, and then you can be done? My doctor told me to take it through this week (week 8), but I am terrified of stopping! I asked and he said I could take it another few weeks if it makes me feel better....am I being crazy?
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @ameliabedelia-2 I don't think there is a consensus. My doctor said I'll be on the shot until at least week 10, week 12 if my levels require it. a few of my friends took them until week 12 as well. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @ameliabedilia-2 it seems it's anywhere between 8-12 weeks. I haven't found anyone yet that had to take it after 12 weeks so I'm using that as my goal point right now and anything less will be a pleasant surprise! 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• I'm still lurking here....my ultrasound is tomorrow to find out for sure we are in the game still or not.

I wanted to throw in my PIO script....my doc was going to have me take the 2cc every night until 12 weeks. My progesterone has been steady in the 120's since I started the injections. 
    Me: 34

TTC: 40 months
    Me: endometrial polyps and most recently diagnosed with polypoid endometrium. Mild endometriosis. AMH 4.5. FSH 9.2. TSH 8.5 (recently started synthroid) Everything else normal.
    DH: now an exDH. lol. JUST MEEEEE!
    IVF #1: ER 3/11/17 (5 fertilized) ET 3/16/17 BFP (B#1-113, B#2-534, B#3-3190) MC @ 8 weeks
    TTC with just donor soon!
  • ShyToniaShyTonia member
    edited April 2017
    @ameliabedelia-2 my RE told me the same a couple of weeks ago after we saw the HB. he said I could stop it in a couple weeks and I was released that day. The next week I met my new Gyno and he thought that was odd and to ask my RE again so I did today and the nurses said that's weird he would say that and continue it to atleast 10 weeks. so that's my experience so far but I've heard 2 other women on here that were stopping at 8 weeks. And no you are not being crazy. I totally get it! I was excited to tell DH that I get to still take it for a couple more weeks but he didn't seemed as excited as me lol. Doesn't make me feel the sexiest lol. 
  • Thank you @kmallery08!! 
    Me: 34

TTC: 40 months
    Me: endometrial polyps and most recently diagnosed with polypoid endometrium. Mild endometriosis. AMH 4.5. FSH 9.2. TSH 8.5 (recently started synthroid) Everything else normal.
    DH: now an exDH. lol. JUST MEEEEE!
    IVF #1: ER 3/11/17 (5 fertilized) ET 3/16/17 BFP (B#1-113, B#2-534, B#3-3190) MC @ 8 weeks
    TTC with just donor soon!
  • @QsMadd we'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

As for progesterone, my RE nurse told me only until 8 weeks, but I agree that it seems a bit early...I'm on 100mg suppositories 2x daily (was also on 1.0 ml PIO shots until about a week ago).  

@pennstatecait I need to ask when I "graduate" - I hope not too soon, though my regular OB is also an IVF mama so she gets my crazy.

6w3d

Ok but **TW my good friend just had a miscarriage (we were 2 days apart EDD) and I'm devastated for her.  At least I'm able to give her support since I've been there but still...ugh. It sucks. end TW**

Wednesday

4) Rants/Raves/Questions 
        None at this exact minute.

I second the tulips!  Also, I'm loving Alliums (purple onion flowers).  So different.  Hubby planted those as bulbs and they are getting big!
  • @QsMadd thinking of you today <3

DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• @QsMadd thinking of you today, I hope things have progressed!
    @jljeanblanc sorry for your freind
    @beary67 I'm not sure how I missed your pregnant with twins, congrats!!! I had heavy spotting with the twins too but they did great.  I also get how a previous loss messes with your head. I won't feel better until I am through the first trimester. GL with you US tomorrow and its great that DH can facetime
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @kmallery08 i'm sorry your feeling so drained. Spotting and cramping can be so scary. Hang in there and I hope things look beautiful on friday. hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• whiskawhiska member
    edited April 2017
    Oh @beary67 Twins!!! I'm so excited for you!  I'm glad everything is looking good and the bleeding stopped, but I'm sorry you had to go through such a scary time.

7+5

Physically fine.  I had some mild symptoms off and on the last two weeks, Sunday felt like I had been hit with a truck but after hanging out on the couch all day and a 3-hour nap, I felt good as new.  Then yesterday my already very mild symptoms seemed to disappear.  So basically my mood has been absolutely horrible since.  

Tuesday is the next ultrasound (at 8+5), first time meeting the regular ob since my RE graduated me.  
    @PennStateCait I have a coworker who went to the same RE as me and did IVF, and she was graduated right after the first scan, since it looked good.  Someone else I know who did IVF is going to their RE weekly through Week 11, then graduating.  I guess it depends on the doc!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions  
    I just need it to be December with this baby in my arms.  This week we hit 2 years TTC and it's hard to think that we could be back at square one any day.  I would not wish PGAIF and PGAL on my worst enemy.
    ETA I mean I wish the -IF and -AL parts were never in the picture!  I wish a happy and healthy PG for anyone who desperately wants it like we have!

Lilacs
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @QsMadd Sending thoughts and energy to you today
    @baevn GL at your appointment
  • ameliabedelia-2   re: progesterone... some people stay on it longer (as by 12 weeks I think the placenta is able to support the baby and progesterone supplements aren't usually needed past then). Other people I hear are on it until they graduate to an OB who can then reassess. I am not sure there is a right or wrong.
    QsMadd thinking of you today!!! I have everything crossed for you!!!!
    jljeanblanc  So sorry about your friend. I have an appointment tomorrow too (and frankly terrified I will get bad news as well).
    beary67  Ugh sorry about the bleeding. I would be terrified. Glad its resolving!
    kmallery08 Sending hugs..... It sux how something so awesome as pregnancy has to be this land of terror that we navigate through. I've had some cramping too and I cant see it as anything but bad. :( Hopefully Friday is a great scan!
    whiska    whenever my symptoms recede its the worst day. When I feel horrible I'm much happier! I am with you just wishing it was December and we all had healthy happy babies and mommies. Its just hard to believe in it... :(      
  • Anyone else just become paralyzed with fear before every ultrasound? I'm terrified.

My RE is a 3.5 hour drive away... if I get bad news tomorrow I don't think I can drive the 3.5 hours back. I always expect the worst. I hope this gets anxiety gets better.

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015

• @PennStateCait yes..and I hope it gets easier as time goes on too but for now I'm a panicked mess.  How did your OB appt go yesterday? 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• @Marley629 Good! Long, but good. Just putting all my info in the system, no ultrasound or anything.

I had a hard time convincing the first nurse I saw not to go by my last missed period. She kept telling me I was due in November and she could not understand IVF. Thankfully my OB just deleted my LMP from the system so I don't have to go through that every time.

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015

• @ameliabedelia-2 @marley629 Ok good, sounds like it's unfortunately normal for us IF-ers. I hope that we can all get over this at some point. I would do the same thing with the appointment and making sure to take the day off.. I'm so jealous of everyone who doesn't think like that.

As for your appt, @ameliabedelia-2 I'm so glad it went well! That sounds like a nice strong heartbeat and staying on progesterone until the NT scan sounds like a perfect idea. I'll be doing the same scan!

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015

• @ameliabedelia-2 congrats on graduating to your OB and a good appt!

@PennStateCait yes, I think the nerves/pessimistic tendency is the norm for us who have been through the bad times. Probably our coping mechanism  :/ I go today again and even with a genetically tested embryo I'm still shaky before an u/s

• Good luck today @jljeanblanc
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• @PennStateCait good luck today!! 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• Thinking of you @PennStateCait!! 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI