August 2017 Moms
Options

Exercise & Fitness Check-in 4/24

It has been a while and I'm looking for liveliness here to get me through this work week!

1. How far along are you?

2. How have your exercise/healthy eating plans been going?

3. What are your goals for the week ahead?

4. In general, are the people around you supportive/negative/neutral of your healthy efforts right now?

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?

6. GTKY: What is your go-to article of workout clothing/gear right now?

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

Re: Exercise & Fitness Check-in 4/24

• Options
    dma0389dma0389 member
    edited April 2017
    1. How far along are you? 23 weeks + 1day

2. How have your exercise/healthy eating plans been going? good thus far. Did bad a few weeks ago from vacay in San Diego, came back for my 20 week appt and it was obvious I did bad lol. SO since then I went back to eating clean and my prepped meals. Still working out 5x a week with a mix of Pure Barre, spin class on my Peloton bike, or strength training.

3. What are your goals for the week ahead? To work out at least 4x-5x this week and be mindful of my sweet tooth.

4. In general, are the people around you supportive/negative/neutral of your healthy efforts right now? My DH and parents have been very supportive. They cheer for me and say keep going so that I can continue with the high energy and it also helps me take my mind away from worries.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? There are 3 other August moms in my Pure Barre classes, and one is a Teacher. Love our Pure Barre mommy tribe!

6. GTKY: What is your go-to article of workout clothing/gear right now? I love my Alo Yoga & Beyond Yoga clothes, esp. the Space Dye material from Beyond Yoga. Just wish it were cheaper so I can get  more, but I usually buy when they are on sale. I could wear yoga leggings every day if I could!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    22+1

Exercise has been going pretty well.  Eating could always be better especially after birthday parties and being out and about all weekend.

Exercise at least 5x this week, hopefully more.  Also, eat better and make healthy choices especially when eating out this weekend.  My parents will be visiting so it's inevitable that we'll be eating out for most meals. 

4. In general, are the people around you supportive/negative/neutral of your healthy efforts right now?
    DH is pretty supportive.  He does the cooking and incorporates what I ask in terms of cooking and meal planning.  I try to do exercise videos at home, but he'll also take care of the kids if I want to go out and run by myself.  I sometimes run with DS1 too and DH will do something with DS2.

No matter how active I am or how healthy I eat, I gain a lot of weight during pregnancy.  I also seem to gain several pounds within a few days of my doctor's appointments and I get nervous that I'll be lectured on my weight gain.  There's one doctor who seems to focus on it, but I'm glad I don't see her too often.  The large weight gain is frustrating and it's harder for me to accept this time around because I was pretty happy with where I was at with my body before getting pregnant.  I've struggled to lose the baby weight before and was hoping to not have as much weight to lose this time around.  Logically, I know I just need to accept that my body is going to gain what it needs, but it's a struggle.

I have 2 Old Navy active maternity pants that I love to run in.  I can still wear some of my regular running stuff, but the maternity ones are so much more comfortable.  The one thing I'm not looking forward to about the weather getting warmer is that it will be too hot to wear the pants.  I don't really want to buy any maternity running capris because this is my last baby so I'm hoping some of my non maternity stuff will last me until it's too uncomfortable to run.  I should be okay to get by with my other workout clothes.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    23w 5d

Eating can still be better, but I'm still moving everyday so that's good

Get back on the meal prep. Dh is done with his busy time of the year with work so it will be nice to have him back on board with eating healthy.

Dh is supportive. Dd likes when I work out because she gets to watch tv. I used to be able to get a good workout in when she napped but she is pretty much done with those now. 

I feel huge lately but I took a bump pic and I don't look that big. Just getting used to the growing/changing of my body. My boobs are huge and won't stop growing. When I run, it's two sports bra or I just can't.

need to get some maternity shorts or capris. @MetsGirl18 I have been eyeing the Old Navy maternity capris... I just need to buy some. I noticed they have some full panel workout shorts as well. I am wearing normal ones right now but some cut into my belly and make it so uncomfortable and the ones that go under I just feel like they are going to fall off. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• Options
    It has been a while and I'm looking for liveliness here to get me through this work week!

25 weeks 5 days

Not eating the healthiest, but have been keeping up with my exercise class. 
    Keep working out at least once a week.

very supportive of me and my exercise plans. Husband loves to exercise, so he loves that I want to exercise and will exercise with me if I want to

Love my prenatal fitness class. Love that it's warmer and we've been working out outside now!
    love my maternity workout capris. So comfy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 25+6

2. How have your exercise/healthy eating plans been going? On and off. Last week, I was having some body and emotional issues. Felt better over the weekend and walked a bit and did some yoga.

3. What are your goals for the week ahead? Be active. Trying for 10K steps per day, yoga at lunch 3-4 days, gym to lift X 2.

4. In general, are the people around you supportive/negative/neutral of your healthy efforts right now? My husband is negative about my body. He is freaking out about how much weight I have gained. Most others are positive.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant - my right hip - pain deep in the groin which PT says is from spreading hips. I am going to be so open, the baby is just going to fall out. (Eye roll).

6. GTKY: What is your go-to article of workout clothing/gear right now? My SI belt to keep my hips in.
  • Options

1. How far along are you? 25 weeks

Like others have said, it's been on and off. This week was horrible eating wise. But still made my walking goals.
    Eat more veggies and fruit. Last week got crazy and I was grabbing whatever.

Supportive....but not necessarily helpful
    How much water is everyone getting? Are the recommendations different when your pregnant verses not preg? I drink about 100 oz of water a day (not including milk and other drinks) is this enough?
    When I'm not at work I live in my Asics shoes....so comfee
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    1. How far along are you? 23 weeks

2. How have your exercise/healthy eating plans been going? had been good until middle of last week when I got a killer cold. I swam so much in the ocean and pool during vacation and it was amazing...all the workout benefits and none of the pain from walking/running/other impact activities. We even hiked and walked a lot and it didn't feel painful because of the swimming.

3. What are your goals for the week ahead? Get back into working out. I've missed the past 2 weeks of prenatal yoga between between vacation and my cold (couldn't breathe so yoga seemed ill-advised).

4. In general, are the people around you supportive/negative/neutral of your healthy efforts right now? DH is supportive of the working out. If I want to eat healthy, he's also supportive of that but he doesn't push me to be any healthier.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone have any good smoothie recipes? I'm getting bored of my strawberry/banana/blueberry. I always throw in some spinach/kale mix and protein powder (dr. said whey in moderation was okay but not try any others). I had been adding frozen mango but ran out and haven't stocked back up.

6. GTKY: What is your go-to article of workout clothing/gear right now? Gapfit Maternity spandex. It's so perfect being able to put my support belt over them and then a shirt over that. Plus they have a pocket in the back which is such a big plus for regular workout pants, I was thrilled they had this.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @emilyrose807 that makes me so displeased with your DH! I wish there was a form of pregnant payback for men! It sounds like you are working out so much! I am running way more than I did last pregnancy and have gained more weight - I think I lost muscle last time. It all nets out in the end. 

1. How far along are you? 23 weeks

2. How have your exercise/healthy eating plans been going? Still keeping up my running routine, but I have the occasional very uncomfortable bladder run and consider throwing in my shoes. I still have the occasional awesome run though, which keeps me going. I also got in one strength training and two pre-natal yoga classes. 

I feel like I am eating a very healthy, diverse diet so the weight gain is what it is. I am just ravenous all the time. This is my first boy and I told DH I now have great sympathy for his constant hunger.

3. What are your goals for the week ahead? Find time for at least one strength training and one yoga session in addition to running. 

4. In general, are the people around you supportive/negative/neutral of your healthy efforts right now? DH would like me to cut back on the running, mostly because he is afraid I will go into spontaneous labor while running. My parents generation definitely side-eyes the pregnant distance running. I will cut back after my relay race on may 12-13. I love my running group for support - they are my inspiration.

6. GTKY: What is your go-to article of workout clothing/gear right now? Been living in Gap full panel running tights, and the Lululemon cool racerback tanks are so stretchy and you can use them after baby too!

• Options
    @donehue Yeah, it is a little weird. I feel like my exercise is around an 8/10 for meeting my own goals. My weight and food are more like a 6-7/10, but pretty good overall. My DH is such a health nut and he doesn't really care about food, so he always eats really healthy. If I were a psychologist, I would say that it is just that he wants the best for our baby and he doesn't have complete control over it because it's not his body. He's not overtly mean or anything, just kind of quietly (?)judgemental.
  • Options

23 weeks 2 days. 

I've really slowed down. :-( I need to start eating better too, but we've been pretty busy, so we've been eating on the go a lot. 

Work out at least twice. 

When im lifting, they aren't super supportive. They all think it's dangerous. I know my body, though, and I listen to it. 

I am the heaviest weight I have bee been. I don't LOOK heavy, but the scale is showing the highest number ever. I started this pregnancy pretty fit and muscular. I know that is a big part of it...but not all of it. I'm dreading the work I'll have to do post-delivery.

Anything loose that doesn't sit on my lower belly!
  • Options

1. How far along are you? 25+5

2. How have your exercise/healthy eating plans been going? Pretty decent. Getting in proper workouts about 4 days a week. I've actually been increasing the weight I lift too. Crazy cravings subsided so it's much easier to say no to tempting donuts and cake and shakes. 

3. What are your goals for the week ahead? The usual- hit the gym, make sure to walk a lot. 

4. In general, are the people around you supportive/negative/neutral of your healthy efforts right now? Yes. DH always works out with me, and he's cut back on the drinking because he doesn't have his drinking buddy. In fact, the weight he's lost just transferred to me, haha. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave- all my pre-preggo workout gear still fits. Rant- it's not going to for much longer. I'm looking a bit sausage-ish in all my yoga pants and t-shirts. DH says I can wear his t-shirts to work out in; that should hopefully suffice. I've already spent so much on maternity clothes that I don't want to spend more money on maternity work-out clothes. 

6. GTKY: What is your go-to article of workout clothing/gear right now? None actually, because I'm still wearing pre-preggo stuff. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So, I have kind of a stupid/naive question related to fitness. 
    Pre-pregnancy I was a distance runner and focused on my core a lot in the gym. Now, I've heard that STM often have bigger bumps earlier on because the abs have already been loosened from past pregnancy. There are days when things feel really tight, and I wonder if my abs aren't expanding as much as they might otherwise because I would focus so much on core strength?
    Over the weekend I upchucked not from nausea but from eating too much. With over 3 months until my due date, I'm wondering how much space Baby is taking up in there and if I'm not expanding enough to literally make room for her. Does that make sense?
    Like, I shouldn't complain about not getting big, right. But I will complain about having no stomach or digestive system because Baby's stuck in a cage, so to speak. 
    Is this even logical or am I overthinking things? Every woman and pregnancy is different as they say. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @DeansGirl14 I know abs and being a STM affect how early you pop (as does a whole slew of other things), but baby is going to take the space they need and they will start to push out your ab muscles once you pop. Another huge factor is your height. I'm a FTM who definitely focused on ab work pre-pregnancy but I'm also short so I popped around 16-17 weeks and I get full super quickly and have for quite a while. I'll eat half my (smaller portioned) dinner, wait an hour, then finish it. Your abs are probably holding your baby in a little more but I think you probably would've just had this "fullness" a little bit later. From what I hear, it gets really bad in the ninth month for almost everyone, so there's that to look forward to. A plus though, apparently stronger abdominals help minimize back pain. I'm also super impressed you aren't going to need maternity workout clothes. I only have one pair of spandex that are still comfortable and that's because they have no seam at the top so can stretch with my belly. The others have seams and hurt!

@belmont1785 I just try to make sure that I always have water in front of me (in a water bottle at work and a glass at home) so that I have it handy when I'm thirsty.

From a "Today's Parents" article: A pregnant woman needs, on average, approximately 10 cups (2.3 liters) of fluid per day. This includes the recommended three to four glasses of milk or calcium-fortified soy beverage. Fluid requirements can also be met with a glass or two of fruit or vegetable juice, herbal tea, soup, rice drink or any other non-alcoholic refreshment. Coffee and regular tea also count, in spite of their diuretic qualities, but should be consumed sparingly because of the caffeine. Drinking water—either bottled or tap water—is a great way to rehydrate during or between meals. In addition, your body will derive water from food, especially fruit, vegetables and semi-liquid foods like yogurt.

You are well above this with 100+ ounces of just water. The article also mentions that you need more when you're working out or it's hot.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Thanks @kvh22
    I am rather short- barely 5'4. I agree on the back pain- I luckily haven't had that issue yet. I'm doing pregnancy-safe back workouts at the gym too, trying to avoid that! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AdvoCyndi30 I'm dreading the work after delivery too! I saw some before/after pics I took at 10 weeks pp with DD2 and then a year later and I was like crap, here we come again (and I will probably be even heavier and obviously older this time, fun). At least, mentally, I know I can get to where I want to be and time moves so fast when you have a newborn anyway :( 

@DeansGirl14 I wish I had that problem! I definitely let my abs slide before I got pregnant with this one and I am hungry all the time! This is #3 for me so I do feel like there is a bit of muscle memory going on as well. Oh well, kids are worth it! 

• Options
    1. How far along? 24 weeks 1 day

2. How are your exercise plans going? Pretty good, been rubbing 3-4 miles 3X week. Did a 5K with my daughter who just turned 5 this past Sunday. She did great! Made it 2 miles and then tuckered out to running and walking, overall proud of her. The last mile was a huge hill so my husband met us with the BOB double and my son for reinforcements lol. 

3. Weekly Goals? Run 3X and not slow as hell. I don't know if it's 3rd pregnancy muscle soreness come early but I'm feeling round ligament pain on my right side already. My uterus is tilted to the right from my first 2 kids loving that side and this baby is getting cozy in there too. It definitely affects my runs having her snuggled on my right side! I have to massage her out of the corner to help with the ligament pressure. I can't complain though, happy she is healthy and I'm trying to keep myself is good shape for later/delivery. 

4. Rants/Raves? I get sooo tired by the end of the day!!! Is this a 3rd pregnancy with 2 kids thing?? It's crazy. I was never this tired the first 2 times, I feel like I could drink coffee 24/7 but limit myseld
    to the one cup a day thing and just get exhausted. I also normally work full time and have had 3 weeks off between jobs for the first time in 7 years so maybe that's why?? Being home? It's just crazy. Extreme props to SAHMs!!!! 

5. Support? My husband supports & has always supported. My family finally this time around have started to realize it's part of my life, I've always ran, and it's healthy and ok to continue. 

6. Go to work out clothes? GapFit Maternity tanks!!!! & regular work out shorts. Shorts I don't need maternity or I don't at least yet**. That may change!! 
  • Options
    Oh man. On the fitness perspective, being in the 6 month and heading full steam towards the final trimester... the tiredness is back. We were at the ballet Wednesday night and clapping made my arms tired. CLAPPING. That's insane. I can lift weights at the gym but clapping for some dancers made me tired. 

I will keep forcing my tired butt to the gym though... as they say, you never regret working out, only missing your workouts!

Oh, and funny dream last night- I had a dream that within a day of giving birth I had a flat 6-pack stomach. Haha! A girl can dream, literally! 

BabyFruit Ticker