July 2017 Moms
Options

Floating rib pain

Anyone else having this and how are you dealing with it? It just started for me this week at 28 weeks and it's really bad at times.  I'm using my pregnancy pillow and trying to do daily stretches but sometimes I feel like I'm dying a little lol.

Re: Floating rib pain

• Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by "floating." But rib pain is one of the most basic pregnancy symptoms, so yes, I and probably 90% of women here have experienced it. 
    I didn't realize it was something my chiropractor could help with, but she's been working on it since I mentioned it, and it's made a huge difference. She said she can do some taping later on if the adjustments alone don't help.
  • Options
    Where is it located? If it's on the right side it could be gallbladder issues 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It goes to both sides like a sharp pain that worsens when I bend sideways or stretch funny, I showed my friends who have had kids and they confirmed it's floating rib pain caused by uterus expanding and pushing organs into the bottom 2 "floating" ribs

• Options
    I think I was getting that, and it's shifted to the centre of my ribs, before it was more on the right side. It got worse when I slept on my right or had bad posture. Is it like a sharp muscle pain? Does the area feel sore? Because that's how it feels for me.