November 2017 Moms

Beauty products you love during pregnancy?

Hey all,
You ladies have any cool products that you swear by during pregnancy or anytime? I gave up make up for awhile due to sensitivity smell and just constant breakouts. With my super itchy scalp I found Head & Shoulders shampoo really helps. Now if I can find something for my horrible chest and back breakouts... 

Re: Beauty products you love during pregnancy?

• I switched foundations to the Physicians Formula Organic CC cream and I like it. It's the most natural one I could find. 

Im also using lots of coconut oil as a moisturizer!  I like it but sometimes it takes too long to absorb. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use norwex face cloths for washing my face. I always get acne when I'm pregnant (ugh hormones!) and refuse to use chemicals on my skin, so this is a good solution for keeping acne at bay/manageable. Last pregnancy I used oils to wash my skin and those worked well, so I may use them again if it gets worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use products by beautycounter. You can google them and find someone who sells their products. I adore the charcoal bar and face oils. All of their products and makeup are all natural and definitely help with my combinations skin! 
  • I honestly won't mix up what I'm doing unless someone like my dr tells me it's bad. I use Neutrogena grapefruit face wash in the mornings and the same but with the micro beads in the evenings when I shower. I switched it up once and got acne when usually my skin is clear so I went back. Although...I have started to get a few zits here and there more often than I'm used to. At least they're small and not too noticeable.

• I am getting this patch of icky skin on the side of my mouth. I typically do a mild exfoliation daily but this is hormonal and isn't budging. So I'm using really good concealer and foundation to cover it up the best I can. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I specifically asked the OB nurse if I needed to avoid any skin care ingredients. She said not really...I think some acne products are questionable but that's about it.  They told me to avoid fragrance but it's more because my skin is sensitive right now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I stay away from retinol containing products in pregnancy. Not sure if it's evidence based but I do.