August 2017 Moms

FFFC 4/21

Anyone have something they'd like to confess? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 4/21

• middy411middy411 member
    edited April 2017
    It's getting pretty hot here and after an hour outside at the park yesterday, I sweat right through my deodorant as if I never had any on. I am much sweatier and stinkier this pregnancy. I spent the rest of the day avoiding hugs and anxiously awaiting a shower. 
  • I don't want to take my belly ring out  :( I don't particularly love it but my belly looks so weird without it. I have it since I was 16 and it's like part of my body. Midwife told me I can keep it until it's no longer comfortable but it's already bothering me. 

Confession #2 I don't feel like dealing with the guest room/ nursery transformation. Hopefully LO will have a room by August. I haven't done anything so far. The only things I took care for the  baby are ordering stroller and car seat (lady at the store told me that I should preorder it since it hadn't launched yet), getting pump from insurance (I didn't know it would come right away), and checking out daycares. Am I a bad mom already?
  • Loading the player...
  • @livlew-2 I have the travel system and my pump. Name is picked. That's it. We just renovated our kitchen and there are still a few things that need to be done in there.  Granted, this is our 2nd and we have most everything. I am anxious about the nursery, but I need DH to clean up some stuff in the man cave so I can clean out the nursery. I just realized this morning I have exactly 15 weeks till my c section provided he doesn't come early. I really need to get my ass in gear.
  • @livlew-2 of course you're not a bad mom! I got my belly pierced when I was 16 too but took it out around age 24 when DH (then BF) said he didn't like it. I think some people use those little clear flexible extenders if they want to pop their rings back in once their uterus goes down.

Babies don't need much when they come. I wouldn't worry about your nursery. I personally feel the need to have everything done before the baby comes because after they're here I know I won't do it. Especially not the way I'd like to do it. I find it fun and therapeutic though. Some people have nothing done until long after baby comes and they do just fine! It sounds like you're handling the important stuff good and early whereas I tend to procrastinate on those things. Oopsies! But you did remind me to check on my pump situation :)
  • @SouthernMama15 I'm glad I'm not the only one! I don't look at the nursery thread anymore because it's making me anxious  :#
  • @livlew-2 I know what you mean. I had mine at 16 and I'm 27 now. Without it I feel frumpy. Even though I'm the only one who sees it, well my bf too. I took it out last pregnancy and put it back in after with no issues. I just took it out this pregnancy last week because it was getting too stretched. I could see the barbell steel show thru my skin. Plan to put it back in after! 
  • livlew-2 said:

Confession #2 I don't feel like dealing with the guest room/ nursery transformation. Hopefully LO will have a room by August. I haven't done anything so far. The only things I took care for the  baby are ordering stroller and car seat (lady at the store told me that I should preorder it since it hadn't launched yet), getting pump from insurance (I didn't know it would come right away), and checking out daycares. Am I a bad mom already?
    SAME. The only thing I've done to the room is start trying to downsize and make space for baby stuff- which didn't get me very far. We registered, but surely nothing will happen to the room until after the shower and receive all the stuff. I haven't even ordered a pump yet (at least I called insurance, haha), and we got on two daycare lists. 
    So, right there with you! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @livlew-2 we literally have a name and *some* baby clothes. That's it! And I'm a FTM. I don't want to buy anything ourselves until after our showers but those are in june soooo yeah it'll be a little stressful during that home stretch.
  • This is going to sound super bratty, but I was really banking on my grandma buying our travel system for the shower. She said no it was too expensive and bought the pack n play instead which is still great and useful! But the woman spends so much money on herself it's scary and anytime she buys us stuff she never lets us forget it. I'm telling you she'll remind me of a trip to abercrombie and fitch from 16 years ago. I'd be happy to let her brag about getting us the travel system. So now my extremely anxious brain is freaking out about all the stuff we have to buy for this little girl all the while buying a new house (my husband was transferred jobs in another state so it's not like we decided we wanted a new house one day). That on top of me leaving my job here to move. Moving 10 weeks before this girl is due. I laid awake in bed fighting tears last night I was so anxious. 
  • @livlew-2 I took out my belly ring at just over 20 weeks and I was incredibly sad to take it out. I had it for almost 17 years :( It was time though because I could feel my belly starting to slowly push it out through the skin (that's kinda gross) but it was itching all the time and bothering me.

Also, I haven't done basically jack shit to buy or prepare anything for this baby, so don't feel bad. It's a bit anxiety inducing but at the same time, I'm OK with it. Everything that needs to get done will get done before he gets here. And if it isn't, well I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm not due for another four months, a lot can get done in four months.  

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mango517Mango517 member
    edited April 2017
    I've been procrastinating on touring and picking daycares for a few reasons.

1) I have a fallback option of the daycare on site at my husband's job. It's not ideal because of the distance and his working hours, but it's a top notch facility (it's also likely the most expensive option).
    2) Facing a huge ass daycare bill is really daunting. By not picking a place I mentally could block the idea of that bill.
    3) I procrastinate everything.
    4) We spent the winter under contract on a house that felt like it would fall through at any moment. So I wasn't sure where I'd be living when the need for daycare arrived. We got the house and should be moving in about a month.

Now that I'm over the halfway point and he's looking healthy I know I really have to get on it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    edited April 2017
    +1 for the mama procrastinator's club. I have DS' old infant car seat, got a Graco 4ever 110 bucks off for when baby outgrows the infant one, got a bunch of new and second-hand clothes, got a box of diapers in nb-2 and have researched which pump I want..but I have done pretty much nothing for the playroom we need to convert into her bedroom... One thing I am trying to push myself to get done soon is rip up all the carpet and install laminate wood flooring (or that wood-looking tile) in all 4 bedrooms. I'm already tired thinking about it. I suck at design and picking shit out.

*edited because words*
  • @cmmiller531 I'd be in tears too! That sounds crazy stressful. Also, FIL is the same way about gift giving so I'm hoping he gets us a big ticket item to make it worth him holding it over our head.
  • @mrsmatt1212 I'm so thankful the shower is in 2 weeks (had to do early since I'm moving) so that I can mentally prepare for whatever else we need to get her! I know they don't need much early on so I'm trying to keep calm but my control freak is having trouble staying calm haha
  • @cmmiller531 Sometimes it really is the small stuff that can set us off when a whole bunch of big stuff is being piled on. I'm sorry you're struggling right now.

What was your travel system? Do you want to post it on the gear thread and maybe post a budget for getting one yourself? We can keep an eye out and tag you if we see it or something similar on sale. After our bridal shower I remember that we did a pretty large return and exchanged a bunch of small stuff to get the big items we really wanted. Perhaps you can do the same thing after the shower. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 I am definitely considering consolidating/returning the small stuff to put towards it if need be. That feels really crappy and ungrateful but let's be real she's going to receive 2982371873 outfits that she'll never have time to wear. DH picked the Chicco Bravo LE blah blah travel system. I can use a 20% off buy buy baby coupon and it's a little cheaper. I'm thinking you're right though.. it's just too much at once and so I'm sweating all of it when I shouldn't. I just really don't want my mom to buy it, she already bought the crib and bedding on top of hosting the shower itself. 
  • @cmmiller531 if someone doesn't get it for you, maybe you'll get some cash or gift cards to put towards it.  We also returned small things and duplicates to get our bigger stuff that didn't get purchased. 
  • @cmmiller531 I dont know if your specific travel system is in this or not, but Zuilly has a bunch of Chicco stuff right now, and its about 40% off.  They seem to have a bunch of gear like this all the time, so if its not there now, keep checking!  https://www.zulily.com/e/chicco-231169.html
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @cmmiller531 I dont know if your specific travel system is in this or not, but Zuilly has a bunch of Chicco stuff right now, and its about 40% off.  They seem to have a bunch of gear like this all the time, so if its not there now, keep checking!  https://www.zulily.com/e/chicco-231169.html
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 my eyes got so wide at seeing this!!! I added it all to my cart "to see the price" it's $30 cheaper with coupon at buy buy baby, go figure! Thank you though! Good eye!!!
  • @LSP87 I'm jealous of you getting laminate wood flooring! I really want to slowly get laminate wood flooring in the upstairs of our house.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    @Kathryn0903 I have terrible allergies and this carpet is in rough shape. I should've done all this before we moved in but the money just wasn't there then. I am really excited to be getting rid of the carpet! I like the laminate option but my husband seems interested in the wood-looking tile options as well. I just dont know how that would turn out.
  • Oh lawd, I'm the opposite of @Nxy.  I haven't DTD since we conceived. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  
  • And my nesting is out of control this time around. The nursery is 80% complete, I even washed and organized baby clothes and they are in the dresser ready to go. I have all the bedding and am just waiting for DH to have a day off to paint the cribs. 

Im currently taking a break from making blackout curtains as I type this. I have problems. 

• @nxy you should feel like a damn champ. We have maybe done it 5 times since we conceived.

@livlew-2 with our shower not til July, and waiting until memorial day sales/ we get our tax return to buy furniture, we have not done much either. We are on a daycare list b/c places near us already have waitlists into January, if not later. I keep feeling like I am forgetting or missing stuff, but then i realize it's just because we haven't done it yet! Ooops?! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Oh lawd, I'm the opposite of @Nxy.  I haven't DTD since we conceived. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  
    We've done it once. Between DH's job stress and his own personal "holy shit I'm going to be a dad" stress, he hasn't been in the mood at all. I haven't really been in the mood either, but trying to maintain intimacy with cuddling and kind words and stuff. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Same. Also with the nesting. It is all I want to do. I love cleaning and buying stuff for kids/the house right now. Sorry work.

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• I think DH is a little freaked out by the bump and the fact that it moves now so he hasn't been as interested as normal lol
  • @SpotConlon i'm right there with you lol. for us it's still multiple times a week. with DD we dtd up until a week before i was due lol it slowed down a lot by then though!
  • @brookedeyo I'm glad to hear it didn't close! Hopefully I'll be able to put it back on as well. 
  • @SpotConlon I'm making sure to stay active as I know that after the baby it may be awhile. 
  • @SpotConlon don't worry, I'm in your boat! 
  • I have no idea what DH is thinking, but with DS we DTD a number of times until right around 20 weeks it just HURT. I have a feeling he's still traumatized by that because he has never brought it up this entire pregnancy. I'm really not in the mood and with a complicated pregnancy and my cervix being closely monitored, I'm good with the sleep orgasms I get. 
  • You know what's depressing though... when we're trying to sleep, we often hear our downstairs neighbor getting it on. She tended to bring random men home late Saturday nights (you go girl!) but lately she's been dating someone. And you know in a new relationship the deed lasts for-ev-er. Considering I'm not getting any, it's a bummer to actually hear someone enjoying the hell out of their own sex life. 

Sigh. 

P.S. Yes our floors are thin. Walls are thick, floors are not. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would kill to DTD a few times a week. It's like pulling teeth to seduce DH  :/ Unfortunately, it was a little like that before any pregnancies. Nothing's really changed except my emotional reaction to not getting enough action.