July 2017 Moms

FFFC 4.21.17

Re: FFFC 4.21.17

• To go along with the previous one - FFFC: I really don't understand hockey, especially all the "unspoken" rules of going to an actual game. I got sucked into the Capitals game Wednesday night because DH was sooooooo enthralled, but I still had no clue what I was watching. Give me baseball or football (or even basketball). I'd rather watch those.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • FFFC: I love hockey!! It's the only sport I can watch, enjoy, AND understand what's going on. I enjoy watching football too, but only more recently have I gotten interested in it. My dad was a huge hockey fan growing up and so we'd always watch it with him. Baseball makes me want to fall asleep and basketball is just meh.
  • To go along with the previous one - FFFC: I really don't understand hockey, especially all the "unspoken" rules of going to an actual game. I got sucked into the Capitals game Wednesday night because DH was sooooooo enthralled, but I still had no clue what I was watching. Give me baseball or football (or even basketball). I'd rather watch those.
    My FFFC: I feel that way watching football. Baseball is great though (and to all the people who say baseball is boring - that's why you go with friends and drink beer :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no idea about this giraffe everyone's talking about.. 
  • FFFC: We are happily a sports-free household. Neither of us gives a crap about football, baseball, or anything else. I'll watch a tennis match for a few minutes sometimes if it happens to be on, but I won't turn on the TV for it. 

FFFC part 2: I did go through a period of watching basketball and lacrosse when I was in college, but that was largely because of my boyfriend at the time. I admit I did get into though. I was basically unrecognizable to my high school friends. I don't care about those teams anymore because I stopped following the individual players years ago.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Lately rolling over includes lots of grunting and stopping for a break halfway there... maybe I need to invest in some satin pj's...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one grunting! Everytime I have to bend to the floor to lift something or haul myself out of bed, I grunt like a grumpy piglet. Tres sexy.

• lph4248 We're sports-free, too, and I'm very happy about that! the only time we start sportsing is when the World Cup comes around or basketball playoffs. I'm those people fans hate. 
  • "This is Us" doesn't make me cry even in my emotional pregnant state. I don't get invested in the characters. 
  • rae1-3 said:
    "This is Us" doesn't make me cry even in my emotional pregnant state. I don't get invested in the characters. 
    related - DH and I just started binge watching 'Parenthood' on Netflix. I like it way more than 'This is Us'
    Dude Parenthood is awesome. I haven't finished This is Us but Parenthood made me cry on the reg, not pregnant.
  • rae1-3 said:
    "This is Us" doesn't make me cry even in my emotional pregnant state. I don't get invested in the characters. 
    related - DH and I just started binge watching 'Parenthood' on Netflix. I like it way more than 'This is Us'
    Dude Parenthood is awesome. I haven't finished This is Us but Parenthood made me cry on the reg, not pregnant.
    sometimes I feel like "This is Us" is just trying too hard. And it is soooo sloooow some episodes. DH is obsessed with it though
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I loved parenthood! I watched maybe two episodes of this is us and haven't gotten around to watching anymore which is saying a lot lol. I will probably finish watching one day though. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• crzyforbabiescrzyforbabies member
    edited April 2017
    Yes @rae1-3! I LOVE Parenthood, but This is Us just doesn't measure up IMO.

I used to be pretty indifferent to sports, but my in-laws and DH got me into football. I love watching my team play, but don't watch many other games during the season. Go Ravens! I'll go see the O's play, but don't get into watching baseball on TV. 
  • edited April 2017
    I'm a diehard Cowboys fan and love football.

+1 to Parenthood being my jam!  I love it!  I need to finish the series, but I restarted it with DH when he saw me watching an episode and he got into it.

@Xath Love the crunchy moms choose Jif comment on the UO thread.  Mainly because it sounds funny and now I can't get it out of my head as a slogan.  I don't have an opinion one way or the other.  I think we all want to do what we think is best for our family (except the crap parents that don't care) and as long as we mutually agree that we do what we want with our kids and aren't judging the others choices, then I'm cool if you're a granola muncher.

eta - spelling

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My new phone was supposed to be delivered today and I had to be here to sign for it. The tracking website said between 12:30-4:30 so I went to Starbucks at like 9am. And they came while I was gone. I am irrationally upset by this. Like I was fighting back tears when I pulled in my driveway and saw the slip on the door that said they were here. 

Now I plan to call the UPS facility all day long and find out as soon as the driver makes it back for me to go pick it up there. They're going to be sick of talking to me.
  • abmommy15abmommy15 member
    edited April 2017
    Took the day off work to get ahead of my to-do list. I have zero energy so I have accomplished a nap and that's it.  Have less than 4 hours until I pick up DS and I'm sitting on the couch.  

Auto correct sucks
  • AdaByron said:
    My new phone was supposed to be delivered today and I had to be here to sign for it. The tracking website said between 12:30-4:30 so I went to Starbucks at like 9am. And they came while I was gone. I am irrationally upset by this. Like I was fighting back tears when I pulled in my driveway and saw the slip on the door that said they were here. 

Now I plan to call the UPS facility all day long and find out as soon as the driver makes it back for me to go pick it up there. They're going to be sick of talking to me.
    Our UPS here hates me because twice in one week they straight refused to deliver two separate packages to my house because of severe weather (we live down a dirt road and it hadn't rained in 3 days) funny how FedEx had zero issues, I was not nice to them.

My confession isn't too bad, I keep telling DH that I forget to call the internet company when in reality I am too cheap and just don't want to pay for wifi at our house. Eventually I'll get it set up but it's been so nice going home every day after work and disconnecting from the world.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• @maybeitsmadeline Wait, what?!  Hail to the Redskins!  I feel like I don't even know you anymore!! ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline Wait, what?!  Hail to the Redskins!  I feel like I don't even know you anymore!! ;)
    How funny my husband is a diehard Redskins fan and I had the same reaction to @maybeitsmadeline I myself am a very serious Denver Broncos fan and DH is struggling with the fact that our son is becoming a Broncos fan over his beloved Skins.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• I'm a huge Pittsburgh sports fan. We fly a Penguins flag at our house in a part of the country that has NO interest in hockey. Incidentally, This Is Us has me from the beginning since the family are Steeler fans and that plays a role in the story line. DH does not share my love of the Steelers or the Penguins so we are a house divided during when our respective football and hockey games are on.

My FFFC is I had no clue what 'crunchy' meant (aside from the obvious context clues) in the UO thread. You learn something everyday. Lol
  • Just saw we play you guys twice on the new schedule so prepare to taste defeat! @OperaSingerMommy :D

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lol we'll see about that!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @adabyron That would bring me close to tears, pregnant or not. I get so excited about new technology.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
    I knew I liked you! This just solidifies it. :)
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • AdaByron said:
    My new phone was supposed to be delivered today and I had to be here to sign for it. The tracking website said between 12:30-4:30 so I went to Starbucks at like 9am. And they came while I was gone. I am irrationally upset by this. Like I was fighting back tears when I pulled in my driveway and saw the slip on the door that said they were here. 

I feel you. They delivered my dresser and broke it before my eyes when they dropped at my door step. Sent back now. 
  • XathXath member
    oheliza44 said:
    I'm a huge Pittsburgh sports fan. We fly a Penguins flag at our house in a part of the country that has NO interest in hockey. Incidentally, This Is Us has me from the beginning since the family are Steeler fans and that plays a role in the story line. DH does not share my love of the Steelers or the Penguins so we are a house divided during when our respective football and hockey games are on.
    Oh, I thought we could be friends but I guess not.  You seemed way too nice to be a Steeler's fan.

<------- Baltimore Girl
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @oheliza44 For the most part, I have no interest in sports, but if I had to declare, I would be a Steelers fan based on a previous boyfriend. This does not make my Bills husband happy! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • My DH loves to watch basketball, but I just don't get it. I think he needs to sit me down and explain how it works. At least we don't have cable right now and he has to watch the playoffs on his computer.

FFFC: Yesterday and today was our company offsite in London, but choose not to fly oversees, so I'm working from home. Aka watching tv and editing photos from our baby moon. 
  • we are a house divided. I am a browns fan and DH is a steelers fan. Football season is rough in our house. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • No sports in my house, I have watched football(soccer) but only if it's the World Cup or something like that. I used to watch cricket but haven't in a while, but would like to keep up with cricket again. 
  • Well I didn't even have a chance to bug the UPS office bc the very first time I called they said it was there ready to pick up. So I went to pick it up. It's not there. But the person working knew exactly what time the driver would be there. Now why TF could the person I talked to on the phone the first time not tell me that? She literally told me there was no way to know and I would have to just keep calling to check if the driver was back yet. 
  • HTTR!!! My husband and I born and raised in DC and he loves football more than anything. When we were dating I'd always say there was no such thing as girlfriends on sundays because come 1:00 I wouldn't hear back from him until Monday! he's obsessed. He's also commissioner of his FF league with his 8 best friends but I think that FF is so stupid. 

FFFC I could watch the same movies over and over and over. I've watched Step Brothers every single day for the last 2 weeks during nap time. I don't get tired of movies or food. I can eat the same thing for weeks on end whereas DH doesn't want steak tonight for dinner because we had steak on Sunday.