July 2017 Moms

TW Tuesday

I have a gif but TB doesn't have its shit together to let me post it. So let's have it, who's a twat today?

Re: TW Tuesday

• My DREAMS. I've always been a vivid dreamer but it really blows having 3-4 distinct dreams per night about everything under the sun...we're 20 and DH is cheating on me (never happened), baby somehow isn't doing well, vacations from hell that don't exist.... you name it! Even had one that my husband was an alien in disguise sent to the earth to destroy it and our baby was part of that apocalypse plan - and now that I've passed viability it doesn't matter if I know bc I can't stop it! All better than having the waitressing/childhood/school dreams but DAMN I wish they would stop.

but thats it I think? So life is good..? Maybe?
  • The lady who did my blood work today. I had to get two blood draws for diabetes screening, and both hurt way more than any blood draw I've ever had, and both are bruised. Seriously? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • @kerils that's the worst. I feel kind of bad saying this, but when I get bruised, or when a vein is hard to find, my first thought is always, "You have one job." I know it can't always be easy, but I've never been told I have bad veins.
  • ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited April 2017
    @kerils - I had my blood draw for the glucose test yesterday and it HURT too! I've never had any real pain with a blood draw before, but this one hurt so bad and seemed to last forever. It's the first time I've ever bruised too. I don't know if they used a bigger needle or if she just wasn't great.

Edit to add my own TW: Me. I thought today was Wednesday and the week was half over. :weary:  
  • @ginger1228 hahah same happened to me!!! Btw check ur inbox!
  • @GlitterFish consider it ruined. I don't see this getting fixed any time soon
  • @MrsLa3 @GlitterFish NOOO! We need HDBD. 

TWT - my appetite. I just ate a whole bag of bbq pop chips. and damn. They were good. Or is the TW DH bc he bought these for me? hmm.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsLa3 said:
    @GlitterFish consider it ruined. I don't see this getting fixed any time soon
    I sent a "feedback" email from the app, just to be sure!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @ginger1228 Since she did it to both arms, I'm gonna vote it was her incompetence, not a bigger needle. 

@PurplePumpernickel Lol, yeah, kind of. I know it's a rough job, but I have never had a problem like this with anyone else taking my blood, so it was 100% her. She also said I had small veins, which no other person has ever told me either. She's just one of the nurses at my midwife, so I get the impression that she is not exclusively a phlebotomist and subsequently she isn't as good at it as someone who only does that. I kind of hope she isn't on duty for my labor (birthing center) because I don't particularly like her, and I might be a little testy and kick her out depending on how I handle labor.

On the plus side, I loved the midwife I met yesterday, so I am hoping so far for her to be the one on duty. I have 4 more to meet, and I'm ok with the other one I met too, so at least the main doctor is shaping up nicely so far. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)