November 2017 Moms

Appointment not till 10 weeks!

which I am totally fine with but it seems so longggggg! It's just standard with my OB. Anyone else having to wait till 10 weeks?? My EDD Nov 29  :)
(Life is a dance, we learn as we go) 1st Baby Girl due Nov 8 :))))

Re: Appointment not till 10 weeks!

• Yep, this is pretty standard for those who don't have history of infertility or loss. Congrats. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yep, pretty standard!  My first appt with my first wasn't until 11 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • I think it honestly just depends on the practice and sometimes the patient.

I have seen my OB twice: at 6w5d for general appt (blood work, paper work) and then at 7w5d for a dating ultrasound. My practice asks that patients schedule their first prenatal visit between 6-8 weeks and then the OB decides if they want an U/S before 12 weeks. She knew I had a previous loss and requested the U/S. But I won't go back until 12 weeks now. 
  • I had to wait until 10 weeks this time around and it was soooo hard, but the doctor just emphasized that they can get a better look at 10 weeks and they don't have to do the internal ultrasound, the wait is worth being able to see a little more though.  Stay strong! 
  • Mine wasn't until I was 11+4. The wait was tough for sure. 
  • Im still waiting for a booking in appointment for my hospital/midwife unit.....i am 11 weeks. Ive had dating u/s and basic blood works done with my OB. 

Getting impatient 
  • My first ultrasound appt isn't until 12 weeks.
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• With my first pregnancy they wouldn't see me until 12 weeks. This pregnancy I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and I just got my new insurance cards in the mail so I'll call tomorrow and see what they say.
  • My first appt is Wednesday, I'll be 10w3d. My OB doesn't see patients until 10-12wks. And I think my appt is only Doppler, blood work, pelvic/pap, nutritionist. My genetic testing is at 12weeks which I think will be the first ultrasound. I know it seems like forever, but hang in there, I'm sure it will be worth the wait :)