May 2017 Moms

Weekend Chat 4/15 & 4/16

BeachMommy2BBeachMommy2B member
edited April 2017 in May 2017 Moms
It's easter weekend for those that celebrate! 

What do you ladies have going on? 

April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekend Chat 4/15 & 4/16

• Loading the player...
  • BabyMC517 said:
    April the giraffes is actually going to have her baby today! The hooves are out! H just texted me haha
    Bah, it's true! It's finally happening!

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/04/15/april-the-giraffe-actually-gives-birth/
  • Congrats April and @Amybee5 !! 
  • @absbubbs So jealous! That's one of the places that's ALWAYS on my to eat list whenever I make it back to Iowa! Last pregnancy I also craved those everfresh juices in the glass bottles that caseys carries. Had no idea until I was craving it that they don't distribute out west. Eat a donut for me!

We are planning on coloring eggs (DDs first time!) that I hard boiled yesterday. Also we will go to a park and do her Easter egg again this year! MIL ended up keeping her overnight last night so we will go get her soon and then maybe I'll find a church service for Sunday... it's just not like the Midwest out here in CA - the closest church here to the denomination I grew up going to in Iowa has their service times sign written in another language and I looked online and there's a weekly attendance average of 15 ppl so I'm super nervous to just waltz in there. 
  • Today's plans consist of relaxing, quick trip to the store for some necessities, and finally filling DDs Easter basket with all the goodies that I bought weeks ago, also filling eggs for her Easter hunt tomorrow! 

Tomorrow will be a fun. We are having a egg hunt for DD and all the family over for good food!!! 

@Amybee5 congratulations! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Well DD has a double ear infection and strep, so she is missing out on the egg hunt this morning. I now am going to out and get eggs/candy so she can do a egg hunt tomorrow at my parents. She will be on the antibiotics for 24 hours tonight, so as long as she doesn't have fever we will go to church tomorrow. We are having traditional meal after church. We do Easter baskets. We will dye eggs later today! 
  • Everybody that has a shower today/tomorrow, have a great time!! +1 for getting to sleep in for the first time in over a couple weeks so that was glorious. We're just mostly hanging out and running errands before hitting up a playground or something later today. We got our first letter from HOA about needing to treat the entire lawn for weeds lol. Hopefully buying a lawnmower and cutting the yard will help reduce how bad it looks, though we have pulled out a ton already.  :#

• SKZWSKZW member
    @pshaortao: Sorry about the weeds. How annoying!

And ditto on "have fun" for everyone having a baby shower/celebration this weekend!
  • DH and I went to a tree nursery this morning and picked out a spruce tree for our front yard. I'm so happy to be getting rid of the half-dead crab apple tree that was there when we bought the place. 

I was going to finish my deep clean of the house today to get ready for my midwife home visit on Monday but I think i'll just do some cooking for our family dinner tomorrow and finish my cleaning in the morning. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm at work all weekend! :( I also woke up in a foul mood today so I'm trying to recover from that. It didn't help that I had a crappy morning at work. But I'm sure it'll turn around. It has to! Tomorrow we're having a pitch in/carry in for Easter and I'm pumped because our nurses are the best cooks! 

Ive been feeling just mildly dizzy all day and I can't figure it out. My first worry was my BP but I took it at work and I was 120s/70s. Then I had a nice big breakfast and tons of water and it's no better. We did a lot of cleaning yesterday and my allergies are pretty flared so I'm hoping it's just a sinus/ear deal and will eventually go away. Baby's moving around PLENTY and no other indication that anything is wrong. Anyway just putting that out there in case anyone has any input. 

Hope everyone enjoys their egg hunts and family time! 
  • Started off the morning with waffles with lots of peanut butter and syrup and will probably spend the day getting some cleaning done around the house, putting the finishing touches on DD's Easter basket and if I feel crafty enough, we might just decorate the house too.
    Sunday DH is off so we will probably be taking DD to his parent's house to do her egg hunt in a yard instead of the living room (downsides of apartment living) and hopefully get some good familt time in.
  • @sweaterboots on the animals/pet hair: I wish I had an answer for you. The dog hair bothered me and was a constant issue before I had my son, but now it truly drives me crazy. We have a Lab and a Basset Hound, and even with vacuuming once or twice a day and running our roomba it still seems like it's everywhere.

I'm sorry I don't anything helpful to add!  As much as I love our dogs I often dream of giving them away so I don't have to try to keep up with the constant hair and messiness battle. That is probably a FFSC, but having kids did change things for me as far as pets go. 

• @Hansolosparka DD's name is Lilah so I'm partial to it, it's not common where I'm at and everyone who's heard it always comments how beautiful the name is. I wanted something that was strong, feminine and sounds like a name a grown woman could have.
  • @pshaortao we got a letter from our HOA too. We are beyond helping ourselves. I hired a professional company to come liven ours up and get rid of our weeds.

i have been a cranky bitch all day. I even claimed the asshole trophy when I went off on basiclly everyone. I've never seen people clear out of our house and go home so fast.....  I have since apologized but I'm worried about fiances family staying mad. I was a total asshat  :(
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kns1988 it is one of the best parts!  He sang the whole way home from our friends house tonight because he was in such a good mood- he's so sweet I can't stand it! 

Thanks @sweaterboots and @OmegaRose3 My H is really pushing for Lila!  I do kind of like a less popular name. DSs name is definitely less common too. Ridley kind of has the Star Wars connection too with Daisy Ridley. I'm hoping as we get closer we can decide and both be happy with our choice!