October 2017 Moms

POTD: Elective Ultrasounds?

2»

Re: POTD: Elective Ultrasounds?

• I'm planning to go at 15 weeks. We did it with DD too. I'm just too impatient to wait. The place we go to has a great reputation. If they aren't 100% sure they let you come back again free of charge 
  • We had CVS testing done at 11 weeks (14 weeks now). So we already know we are expecting a boy! Couldn't be happier!
  • Loading the player...
  • We won't do an elective BEFORE my anatomy scan. But we do the 3D in the beginning of the 3rd trimester. The studio we go to sets the DVD to music and makes the whole experience spa like. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @jessafishy you won't regret the 3D/4D ! It's truly an amazing experience. And so different than a regular ulstrasound tech switching their machine from their 2D to the 3D. It's like more detailed or higher resolution. And the rooms are usually big rooms with couches for family and they project it on a huge wall to make it really big so everyone can see. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• I thought about going to one of the local colleges with u/s tech programs because they will do it for free, but it turns out that they want you to have had the anatomy scan before you come.  Presumably, that is to avoid the students and school having to deal with any true medical issues, referrals, etc.  After my anatomy scan, I don't think it would be worth it to get another one.  So, I am waiting until June 1.
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • We're not doing any paid elective ultrasounds but I will ask my sister's BFF if she can give us a free scan around 16 weeks so that it's only a month in between our scans before the anatomy scan. She's a radiologist and has shifts at emergency. She says most nights are quiet so that's when i can go see her. Last time she was able to tell us the sex as well so we're hoping for an early guess this time too!

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We did elective ultrasounds to find out the sex both of the prior two times, but that was due to DH's in and out schedule with the military and wanting to find out together.  This time I'll be getting an ultrasound with my OB at 16 weeks, so I'll tell DH he better make it or I'll find out without him.   o:)