September 2017 Moms

GTKY Sports fans?

Whats your sport(s)? and who's your team?
 I'll try to keep smack talk to a minimum but I cant make any promises if you're a *shudder* Vikings fan. ...Im totally kidding...kinda

The Souptins  follow a  bunch so here's our line up:

Being Canadian Hockey is a given. We're long-suffering Maple leafs fans who play the statistics game every year to see if we can maybe, just-kinda squeak into the playoffs.

Football: NFL we are HUGE Packer fans. This past year we road tripped to GreenBay to see the home opener, it was nothing short of a magical cheese filled experience.

CFL: (Canadian Football league)  Stampeders! We lived in Calgary for a few years and held Seasons tickets and even went to the Grey Cup ( like the superbowl but more polite because, Canada)

Baseball: Toronto Blue Jays!

We also like a little golf, curling and catch the occasional Euro Soccer game when we can.

Re: GTKY Sports fans?

• I'm not a sports fan. But I do like going to baseball games! I'm a Tampa Bay Rays fan. @Souptin, we went to Tampa and saw your Blue Jays play them last Saturday night! It was a pretty intense game near the end!!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• kaylaakosuakaylaakosua member
    edited April 2017
    As a Canadian, Toronto is on fire this year!
    The Toronto make me laughs, I mean Maple Leafs  ;)
    Joey Bats and the Jays!!!! 
    the Raptors and cannot forget TFC. 
    This is exciting to be apart of the GTA right now.

My good friend plays for the Stampeders. I am mainly a football (soccer) fan though. Love me some world cup action. Let's go Ghana! 

Edited: DS and I are wearing all Blue jays in my profile picture

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • @LaceyC1020 We're having a ROUGH start to the season to say the least.  Maybe next time we  have a Tampa series our boys will actually show up!
  • @kaylaakosua are you watching the leafs right now? I thought for sure we would get pummeled but the boys are holding their own pretty well!
  • edited April 2017
    My family :heart:'s sports.

I'm from Alabama, so my teams are mostly regional. MLB- Atlanta Braves, even when they (almost always) suck. College Football- University of Alabama (who rarely suck ;) )

I am a big New England Patriots fan, though, which thoroughly pisses my dad off. I have loyally followed them for over a dozen years, though, so I don't see it going away, lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Souptin I'm not watching but my feeds are flooded. My family is a huge TML family and was forced into watching it. I'm a Domi fan hahah. Proud of the buys though!! It's bringing amazing energy to T.O

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I've been an Oakland A's fan since my parents started taking me to games when I was 5.  Watching the game now.

Blue Jays fans, you got a good one in Josh Donaldson.  I follow them a bit now just because I love him so much.  He'll come around this year.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Football girl here  

College: UCLA 

NFL: Broncos (miss you Peyton) :heart:

So sad I won't get to tailgate this season! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Football: I'm a Denver Broncos fan!!!! 

Baseball I like the Royals!!

basketball in my opinion just stinks!!!!!
  • We live in New York so we're a Jet's household during football season and all about the Knicks during basketball season! We just went to baby's first Knick's game a couple weeks ago.  :) I'm not a big baseball person but SO is a White Sox fan
  • Well I'm a Vikings fan for football lol to the beginning of the post. I was born in Minnesota so I always rooted for them. For hockey I am a Washington Capitals fan. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baseball: Yankees, even though <3 Jeter <3 retired. 
    Football: Packers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Canadian here so hockey is life. 

NHL: I'm a long suffering Canucks fan. This year was brutal and next year will be too. Lots of dead weight to get rid of. DH is an Oilers fan so this year he gets make up for all the times I made fun of them.

WHL: Red Deer Rebels fans. Not diehard fans but they are localish to us and DD loves the moose. Plus I like not having to take out a loan almost to get great seats for great hockey.

I'll watch NFL, CFL, curling and Rugby (All Blacks baby) when it's there too. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • While we love sports here, we really only follow NFL with a passion. I am a die hard Steelers fan. I bleed black and yellow. Side note: RIP Dan Rooney. DH is a Cowboys fan. Some weeks are very interesting in our house. 

As for other sports, I'll root for Penguins and Pirates, but don't really follow either sport too closely. DH likes college basketball and roots for Duke. He also enjoys NASCAR and roots for Jr. 

• Well I'm a Vikings fan for football lol to the beginning of the post. I was born in Minnesota so I always rooted for them. For hockey I am a Washington Capitals fan. 
    looks like our relationship can be salvaged, your hockey team is going to destroy my hockey team and my football team crushes yours. Its all about balance! 
  • Growing up the only sport we'd watch was college football. So I'm an Ohio State Buckeyes fan. Since getting married, these are the other teams we root for.

College football: Florida State Seminoles
    NFL: New Orleans Saints
    Baseball: Atlanta Braves

I also got to see the Carolina Hurricanes play hockey once because my dad follows hockey, but I can't say that I've ever really rooted for them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Another Broncos fan here! (My avatar is actually in front of their stadium) I grew up in CO and so my parents were fans, we moved to the Midwest and I just so happened to marry a guy who is also a lifelong fan, as is his dad. My parents approved, needless to say  :D

@mrs_tacos that's funny you mentioned the family rooms being Big Ten themed and normal. Our basement is Hawkeyes :) and about half of the houses we look at are the same way

I'm not going to pretend to be a huge sports fan, but I will sit and watch with DH, unless I decide to nap lol. He is an Iowa Hawkeyes fan for college football and then Nascar.
  • I was born and raised in Philly so I'm a diehard Eagles fan. I didn't grow up watching hockey and had never been to a game until I met DH though so my loyalty there lies with the NJ Devils because of him and since I've lived in NJ for 10 years now. We've had season tickets for 7 years and are giving them up this year since I don't see us getting to many games next season and with this team playing so badly the last few years, you can barely even give the tickets away.

DH is a huge Miami Dolphins fan and he'll cheer for the NY Yankees and the Brooklyn (formerly NJ) Nets but baseball bores me to death and I'm just not that into basketball anymore. 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• HUGE NE Pats fan. I've been a fan since the 80s so I root for them win or lose. And believe me, there were a lot more losses than wins back in the day. DH is too!

Luckily, I'm not a huge baseball fan. Because DH's team is the Yankees so we don't have to clash over sports. Otherwise, could you imagine the Red Sox/Yankees drama here?

College football is Buckeyes. Celtics and Bruins for me but Columbus Blue Jackets for DH. 
  • I live in Dallas.. enough said.

Baseball: Texas Rangers
    NFL: Dallas Cowboys
    College: Texas Tech Red Raiders!!! Wreck em!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I haven't been able to watch sports since moving (it airs at like 1am over here) but I still like to follow the scores and watch some replays when i have the time.

Football: Green Bay Packers all the way.  

Baseball: Used to be Milwaukee Brewer, but I've been converted to a STL Cardinals fan due to DH. 

Hockey: Detroit Red Wings.