November 2017 Moms

Thursday TTGP Grad Check-in (4/13)

Avoiding work like the plague this morning, so I thought I would get this started :p

This is a check-in for friends from the TTGP board. If you were a contributing member of that board please let us know how you are doing! 

1. Due date?

2. How are you feeling? DD posts are welcome if you need support 3

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments? 

4. Questions/concerns?
Me: 32 H: 32
Married: October 2009
TTC#1: August 2016
BFP: 3/1/17  EDD: 11/9/17
DD Born 10/20/17

Re: Thursday TTGP Grad Check-in (4/13)

• 1. Due date?
    11/18

Much better than the last two days emotionally. The pain I was having was scary but it's nice to know it's normal and I'll have a check in next week since my next appointment isn't until 5/4. Physically, I've been better but it could be worse. The pain is off more than on right now, this cold is just driving me nuts since I can't do anything about it. But I didn't get a fever so that's a blessing. And I'm not nauseous! I wonder if the cold is suppressing it? Boobs still hurt but I like that reassurance, I keep poking them.

Next week, see above

4. Questions/concerns?
    This has been a rough week and has made me realize how attached I am to this LO. I'm quite excited for 2nd tri.

• 1. Due date? 11/11 by my estimate, 11/8

Feeling pretty good, a little overwhelmed at the moment we have a lot of family stuff, work stuff with both DH and I etc. and I am finding myself feeling overwhelmed. Most of my nausea is gone, though it was never really bad to begin with. Very gassy lately and some headaches.

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments?  We have our genetics counseling appt today. I am a little nervous about this.

4. Questions/concerns?

With the genetics testing does anyone know at what point certain genetic tests are done? I am trying to figure out if they'll actually do any today or if it will be another appt(s)?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jess0211 Good luck at your appointment! I can't actually answer your question because I don't know much about GT but I'd assume it's a separate appointment and maybe today they'd talk to you about all your options and figure out what you're comfortable with.

• dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited April 2017
    1. Due date? 11/23 (Thanksgiving!)

Pretty good this morning. Yesterday was a roller coaster of nausea, vomiting, fatigue and headaches. Just hoping today isn't that way. 

Had my first ultrasound on Tuesday at 7w5d and all went well. It was for dating purposes and I am relieved that heartbeat was 164 and baby was measuring on track. I also had blood drawn and I read my results last night (online), just waiting to follow up with my OB about a few of the results.

ETA: Just scheduled my next appointment for 5/15 for an U/S for down syndrome screening. Ugh, that feels really far away, but just hoping all is well between now and then. 

4. Questions/concerns?
    None at this time.

@jess0211: FX genetic testing goes well and hopefully the family/work stuff subsides soon. Feeling overwhelmed  is not a pleasant feeling, so hopefully you can relax in the near future!

@DuchessOfCambridge Haha, I keep poking my boobs as well to see if they are sore! I don't know why though...I am still nauseous and just had an U/S, so as far as I know...all is well. FX your check-in goes well!
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited April 2017
    1. Due date? 11/13-11/20? OB picked 11/17.

A bit anxious about work, appointments, and friends' weddings. So many important dates coming up. Had some constipation issues yesterday. It didn't help that I slept through most of it because I'm sure I was dehydrated.

4/26 is the next 

4. Questions/concerns?
    Got My Doppler yesterday and used it for the first time today. Can't wait for DH to hear the heartbeat! He has seen it three times, but didn't get to hear the wonderful sound. I have to say that the variability makes me a little nervous though. 

@jess0211 I'm not sure. Let us know! I need to call and see if we are doing ours at 10 or 12 weeks... 
    @DuchessOfCambridge The placenta is forming now and will start to take over soon. That's why symptoms start reducing at the end of the first trimester.
    @dragonfly78 I hope your results were normal. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • 1. Due date? 11/9

Symptom-wise I still feel good.  I feel like a vain asshat even bringing it up, but I'm struggling a bit mentally with body changes and body image.  I've always been in shape and my newly acquired pooch/mini bump/blump/what-even-is-this is sort of messing with me.  I know that I'll embrace it once it's clearly a baby bump, but I just feel a little blah right now. 

I have an office visit today to discuss all of the lab work from my last appointment. My next u/s is 4/27 (12 weeks).

4. Questions/concerns?
    None atm.

@DuchessOfCambridge hugs. So sorry that you've had a scary couple of days. I hope you feel better soon! Oh, and I keep poking my boobs to see if they still hurt too  :D 

@jess0211 I'm sorry that things are still so hectic for you :( I hope that everything calms down before long.  I unfortunately can't shed any light on genetic counseling, but I'll be thinking about you today!
    @dragonfly87 Glad to hear that your first u/s went so well!
    DD Born 10/20/17

• @JulesDP I totally get the body image thing. I've always had a tiny waist and it's really confusing and a little embarrassing that I have to wear my pants unbuttoned or pull out the ones that were too big for me before. I agree with you, I'll love it once it's a real bump but the bloat expanding my waistline is messing with me too.

• 1. Due date?
    11/10 based on LMP but I'm measuring ahead and I think I O'd earlier

I feel fine. I was measuring 10+1 at my appointment yesterday and I haven't had any ms at all which I'm so grateful for. My whole life I've had this kind of phobia of vomiting, basically it gives me anxiety attacks for some reason, so I'm really glad I only threw up once while brushing my teeth. The other day my dentists asked me how far along I was so I rounded up to 10 weeks (instead of saying 9+5) and she said "oh so about 3 months" and it made me realize I'm practically done with the first tri.

My mom and MIL are already planning my shower. I appreciate it but the control freak in me wants to take over haha. I have one registry done but still need to do one for cloth diapers because BRU doesn't carry a lot.  

We saw LO moving around yesterday at my 10 week apt. I have a 12 week apt at the end of the month and they're starting the blood testing for chromosomal abnormalities like DS. I'm not sure exactly what they're testing for but I know it takes 2 blood draws (one at 12 weeks, the other at 14). Hopefully the results will take less than 2 weeks because we move when I'm 16+4 so my last apt with them will be at 16weeks. 

4. Questions/concerns?
    My vitamin D was a bit low so I have an additional supplement. And my blood sugar was high from the draw they did at 8 weeks but they didn't tell me they'd test my sugar level so I didn't track what I ate before hand. I had a fasting glucose test in Feb. right before the BFP and it was normal. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @adirat I've been thinking about you! I hope your first OB appointment goes well. I also hope that the time between now, your CVS and getting the results passes quickly. Were you able to talk to any STMs who've had the procedure before? 
    DD Born 10/20/17

• @DuchessOfCambridge I am so sorry you've had such a rough week! Been lurking and following your updates. Hopefully everything is smooth sailing from here!

@jess0211 I am sorry you are feeling overwhelmed this week!

@dragonfly87 So glad your ultrasound went well!

@NYTino24 That is so cool you got a Doppler! I've gone back and forth about getting one, I can't decide if it will help my anxiety or make it worse.

@JulesDP I agree that I can't wait for a baby bump, but this in-between where I just look like I've had too much pasta is awkward!

@adirat Fingers crossed your nausea eases up soon!

@slaven I also have to take a vitamin D supplement because my levels were so low. My RE is actually the one who recommended I start it. 

1. Due date? October 29

2. How are you feeling? DD posts are welcome if you need support 3 I am feeling pretty good! The worst of my symptoms seem to be easing, but I still have some bad days. 

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments? I had my first OB appointment this week and was able to hear the heartbeat! My "first trimester screening" ultrasound is Monday. I have OB appointments every four weeks for right now. We get to find out the sex May 31st!!!

4. Questions/concerns? Not right now. Telling the rest of the people in our lives this weekend. In some ways, I will miss it being more private news, but also excited to celebrate with everyone. 
    DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @julesdp I've talked to one kind person here on November and did quite a bit of reading of past experiences on TB from bmbs past. I think I'm as ready as I can be. Mostly trying to focus on being calm at this point.

Fortunately we are going to a top doctor here in NYC, so I feel confident we're getting good care (his miscarriage rates are identical to the overall miscarriage rate at 11 weeks). It's interesting -- this guy has some really specific ideas about when this should be done (CVS is between 10 and 13 weeks but when I called I was directed to come in at 11+5 or 11+6 and that's it) and what to do afterwards (he recommends 24 hours bedrest) which makes me feel like he's really giving safety precautions. I'm grateful we're able to go to an expert.

I still really want to know how long it'll take to get results...the estimates are like a week which feels like an eternity already!! Haha

Plus once we get results, we will feel confident about starting to tell more people which will be nice. I am starting to look fat so I'd like to tell people I'm actually pregnant! 

• @kyersten I am so thrilled to hear you're feeling better! It gives me hope <3 So exciting you'll get to learn the sex soon too!

• @kyersten thanks for the well wishes <3 I'm feeling so much better. No more pain and the nausea is back, which I feel weird being happy about, but I'm thrilled. So happy for you your symptoms are subsiding! And also jealous you're just about 12 weeks :) We're going to need to have a sex announcement board soon!

• @kyersten Yay for the placenta starting to take over!
    @adirat Sounds like you've got a good one there! PS today's the first day where I could definitely feel where my uterus is. The Doppler actually helped. 
    @slaven Hope your blood sugar sorts itself out. We have issues with hypoglycemia in my family (not hyper, except for my Type II grandfather) and luckily no one has had GD yet. I can tell when my sugar is out of whack because I feel all sluggish and irritable. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @adirat honestly, the appointment was very overwhelming. So much information and so many options. We really went back and forth on if we wanted to skip the NIPT and just opt for CVS or do the NIPT and decide based on that re: CVS. We ended up opting for the NIPT plus testing for CF and Tay Sachs (due to french canadian backgrounds on both sides). We decided we will see how the NIPT results are and decide on CVS or not after that. We did schedule the CVS though so that we had it on the books if needed. I guess where I am torn is if the NIPT comes back negative, is that going to be enough information for me or is the anxiety going to get the best of me and still want the CVS. I'm 50/50 right now. One perk of the NIPT is I guess I'll know the sex in 10 days!  Good luck at your ob appt on Monday!

@slaven It is going to be sooooooo difficult for me to let someone else do my baby shower and have no control. The one person at work who knows besides my boss already said she's doing a surprise shower for me, that FREAKS ME OUT! I don't like surprises at all.

@kyersten so glad you're starting to feel better!

I think I am going to change my ticker to match the ob and genetics counselor's date of 11/8 (though I am still convinced it's 11/11). It's getting way too confusing to track both dates lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @slaven @jess0211 I already told my bff I'm planning one of my showers. I know my mom will take over our family one and everyone will just do what they want regardless of how I feel about it. That's how my bridal shower and wedding were and we ended up having two of each for pretty much that reason. Having two baby showers as well because it'll give me a chance to actually have what I want and I don't trust some of my friends around my conservative (in clothing and behavior, not in politics) family. Obviously it's really nice that my mom planned everything but I still think the bride/mom-to-be deserves to get what she wants. 

• @adirat ha, that did sound tacky, didn't it? To clarify: only my bff will know, she will technically be throwing it for me I'm just going to take the mystery out of everything for her and help pay for most of it. She's getting married this year and has enough to deal with without deciding what I want for my shower and spending money during an already expensive time for her. She's doing the same for her bridal shower, telling me what she wants and I'm executing. We had a friend get married last year and she demanded everything at her shower be a surprise but also had incredibly high expectations, so it was really stressful for us and we promised each other not to do that. She'll probably throw in a few surprises for me here and there just as I'm doing for hers but there's less stress.

• @NYTino24 I get hypoglycemic although my drs have never tested for it because I can control it with food (their actual words). There is some type II in my family but they all are overweight/obese and I'm not. My fasting glucose test in Feb was fine too. I think it was just what I ate. My OB didn't tell me an exact number either, just said a bit high and to watch what I ate. 

@jess0211 Surprises don't work for me, especially since I don't live near family. We're supposed to be going to NY which is a 6 hour drive from home but DH just came home last night and said he might have gotten a spot in a 6-9 month training course he needs and that's in GA. 

@DuchessofCambridge Thankfully my SIL and I are close and she's helping too. I made a pinterest board that she can look at lol. And I am definitely one of those with high expectations but at least I don't demand it to be a surprise. We never had a "real" wedding and my inlaws always talk about throwing me a bridal shower. We've been married for over 2 years. I think this will just take the energy from a bridal and baby shower and be a super shower haha 

DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited April 2017
    @slaven Ahhh does that mean you will go to live in MA instead of NY when he is in GA?

Regarding showers, I'm hoping we get a lot of hand me downs from family so we can have a low key coed BBQ or something. Our kid won't need a ton of toys. Maybe people can donate to a college fund or something!

• @NYTino24 I love the college fund idea!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NYTino24 A low key coed BBQ is exactly what I told my mom and best friend what I want! They're going to do it at a really pretty local park. It's mostly going to be about family/friends and good food. I hate attention and my DH wants to be able to be a part of the the baby shower too, so it's perfect for us. We are low key people anyway! 
    DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @NYTino24 I'd probably go to GA but it'll depend on when the class ends in relation to my EDD. It's Captain's training which is just like going to school. He even can get some credits to his Master's degree for it. It's not like basic training or combat training. 

DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @DuchessOfCambridge from what you are planning, I don't think it sounds too bad or tacky. Some people think all showers are tacky and some don't care how it's hosted. As long as you don't demand anything, it's your life, your choice. Either friends/family will support it or they won't. But you know your circle of friends better than any of us, so go with your gut.

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who doesn't want a shower at all though because I find them awkward in general  :)
  • @slaven My hubby was a captain when he left the Army. They wanted to promote him and he was just done with moving all over for training, deployment (twice), and base changes.