July 2017 Moms

FTM Check In 4/11

Hey first time mamas!

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday and why?
Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: FTM Check In 4/11

• How far along are you?
    25 + 2

Hard time breathing at certain angles. 

Nope 

Rants/raves? 
    Rants: Still waiting for MiL to give the crib present because it really determines what il end up buying... she just keeps saying I want to buy it, I'm sending money, Its a gift from me you guys are late in setting up the nursery do it quickly ... umm well your late too.

Raves: coming home outfit is finally here. I have tinier back up one aswell just in case 

i look forward to all holidays. Favourite is probably winter holidays because they're are so many and it prepares you for the horrific weather in Jan and feb.
  • stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited April 2017
    How far along are you? 27w6d and SUPER stoked for 3rd trimester tomorrow!!!
    Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  Hmmm ... no?!  I've had a pretty uneventful pregnancy.
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  I had a prenatal massage if that counts.  It was amazing.  I cannot wait for my next one!  
    Rants/raves?  Mmm, getting excited for my shower at the end of the month.  Sick of Canadian weather and I never complain about the weather.  Rained then literally sh!t snowed all over us then rained non-stop again.  Got more snow on Friday then rain, rain, rain.  Yesterday was a whopping 25C but then it started raining last night and hasn't stopped since.  My lawn is a swamp  :(   
    Questions for FTM, or STM+?   I never usually have any questions.  
    GTKY: What's your favorite holiday and why?  I really don't have a favourite to be honest although I'm happy Christmas will start being exciting again now that we've started a family. 

Edit:  Fingers are faster than my brain 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 25+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  Hmmm...I don't think so.  I've been feeling movement all.the.time now - that's pretty new.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Nope.  About to leave for my check up with the OB.

Rants/raves? Vacation starts on Friday woop woop!  I found a great deal on a used stroller frame that works with our carseat.  The adapter to use the carseat with our City Mini stroller would have been $60, which is crazy.

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  How often are you guys getting bloodwork done?  I've only had it done once this pregnancy...

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday and why?  Thanksgiving!!  All of the food, none of the fuss :D
    CP 3/2019
  • How far along are you? 27+6. 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not really - same back pain as usual. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I am officially anemic (1st tri results were just outside normal range - results from 2nd tri were significantly below normal. ugh) and started taking an iron supplement per doctor's orders. I am hoping this will help me have more energy!

Rants/raves? nothing today. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nope. 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday and why? Christmas - I love buying gifts for everyone and seeing how excited they are to open them!!

@SpongeWorthy I had a CBC in the frist tri, and then a second draw with my glucose test last week. Not sure if that one was standard or if it was a follow up to see if my anemia had gotten better from the first tri. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How far along are you? 25+1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I've been seeing stars a lot and am trying to get more hydrated to avoid it.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had my GD test last Wednesday and passed yahoo!

Rants/raves? My grandfather was having heart issues, but they didn't have to place stents today and will try to fix it with diet and medication.  Huge victory and rave!!!

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday and why?  I have to agree with Thanksgiving.  Normally, it's Christmas, but I've had to host and do a lot of planning the last two years and I'm so burnt out!  Yay for food and thanksgiving!

@SpongeWorthy I'm trying to think about how many times I've had it done.  I know I had my original bloodwork at the beginning, then the NIPT blood draw, and the blood draw with my 1 hr GTT.  I think that was it?

That's awesome news about the stroller deal!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stokesm21 Congrats on third tri! I have one more week left. Starting to count it down now! 

@SpongeWorthy  I had one done to check my HG levels very early (like 6 weeks?), one done around 11 weeks fr a whole slew of things, and I'll have one with my glucose test to check for anemia. I have no idea if this is standard or not, but I don't have anything that would make me outside the norm, so I'm guessing it is. 

@maybeitsmadeline So happy to hear good grandpa results! FX that the diet and meds work! 

How far along are you? 27 weeks! Only one more to go! (til third tri that is)

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Random leg twitches. Not sure what that's about. Also had tingling start in my legs which is superbly annoying. It normally happens in the evening if I have my feet on the ground instead of up. Other than that, my achiness and general random pains have almost gone away thanks to moving more during the day and being able to take walks much more frequently. I'm trying to do it every day as much as I can. Appetite has definitely chilled out the last few weeks, and I'm really enjoying that. Just being able to eat what I want, when I'm hungry, and not like a constant empty pit problem. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope, next week. Trying to find a lab to do my GT test at so I don't have to do it at my midwives two hours away. 

Rants/raves? Shockingly a rave about my SMIL, but not that she did anything spectacular or anything. She started going off on Sunday via email about "rumors" being spread about her, and how she never takes credit for anything she doesn't do, and that people are talking to me about it and making a bad name for her. Well no one has any idea what she is talking about, so I emailed her back that I didn't know what she was saying and could she actually tell me who said what. She said that she wanted to talk in person, but we aren't going to see eachother possibly for months other than my shower. I just told her if it was that important that she could call me and we could talk, but otherwise she should drop it, AND SHE DROPPED IT. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with it. I'm also perplexed and fairly convinced at this point that she is making it all up, but whatever. It is no longer my problem, 

Also, DH and I are going to a hockey game tomorrow and I'm pretty stoked! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? I've been feeling pretty awesome the last three weeks or so. Finally feel like myself again, have energy, controlled appetite, etc. etc. Is this about to go away as I enter the third tri? Cause I might cry.... a lot. 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday and why? It was always Thanksgiving because we got to see my family that we only saw then and during a family vacation every year. It was always so much fun. Now it might honestly be Valentines Day. DH and I always make a pretty big deal out of it with each other even though we don't spend a ton of money, but it's the only holiday that no one else wants us around. So I get to just enjoy it with him, versus the stress of running around and seeing people all day. Christmas is the worst because we have three families all wanting us there, and I used to love Christmas. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • How far along are you? 28w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Back and hip pain, which seems to be a little better today

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Growth scan today, and the baby is thankfully looking good! I also did my glucose test today and some other bloodwork.

@spongeworthy I've been having bloodwork monthly but that's to check my thyroid levels. Today with the glucose test they also checked for anemia, which I believe is standard. 

Rants/raves? Just sent in my contract for my new job starting in September! So excited that things are getting settled.

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday and why? Christmas for sure. I love winter, the music, the church services, the family time, decorations, hot chocolate, peppermint bark, the whole deal!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• edited April 2017
    @maybeitsmadeline Glad to hear everything went well with your grandpa.

@SpongeWorthy. So glad that you're feeling movement.  I had a bunch of tests at my first appointment and then just my NIPT.

How far along are you? 24+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  Little back and hip pain and just uncomfortable sleeping.  Rash cleared up which I am so thankful for because that was miserable.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Nope.  Check on Thursday

Rants/raves?  Babymoon and a week of uninterrupted time with DH!

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday and why? 4th of July.  Until I was 27, my dads family had a big reunion every year.  Even tho we no longer do it, my family still carries some of those traditions.  We're probably the only American's that eat spaghetti on the 4th of July.  And I just love fireworks!

Eta: TB ate my post

ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited April 2017
    @SpongeWorthy I'm the same as @manillabar Hypothyroidism so I get checked every 4 weeks as well. I think aside from issues like that (or others), you don't normally get too much done over the course of a pregnancy. 

And... someone else's post reminded me that I do have a favourite holiday and it would be Canada Day (July 1). DH and I usually get all decked out... and loaded! Guess I'm going to miss that part this year haha! 
  • Thanks guys!  That all makes sense. I just wanted to make sure since I switched OBs at 20 weeks and didn't know if I missed something.
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy just the early hgc draw, 1st tri, and them with the glucose test, so sounds pretty standard to me
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • How far along are you?
    24w 3d 

I forget what updates I've given on which check-ins!  But, I've been having some increased nausea, maybe from acid reflux, and I'm working on figuring out ways to control it. 

Nope

Rants/raves? 
    My SIL bought us a stroller/car seat and it arrived today! I keep being amazed at how generous everyone is. 

Can't think of any right now 

Christmas! I love the lights and decorations and our food traditions and all of it :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cait32 **panics** omg I just hit third tri then.  Man I cant ever keep this counting straight but woo! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • I had made a promise to myself that' I will organize myself AND order everything nursery  related before third trimester ... sigh. A little more than a week to go.
  • cait32 said:
    @kerils and @stokesm21 just fyi, you're actually in third tri once you hit 27 weeks. Third tri begins IN your 28th week, which is what you're in once you've hit 27 weeks (if that makes sense). Sort of like I'm 33 years old but I'm in my 34th year of life...you don't change numbers until you've completed a full week, but you're in your 28th week and therefore in third tri. :) So congrats to you too. (Here's a handy bump calculator that shows it).
    I had a minor panic attack last week when I realized this. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • cait32 said:
    @kerils and @stokesm21 just fyi, you're actually in third tri once you hit 27 weeks. Third tri begins IN your 28th week, which is what you're in once you've hit 27 weeks (if that makes sense). Sort of like I'm 33 years old but I'm in my 34th year of life...you don't change numbers until you've completed a full week, but you're in your 28th week and therefore in third tri. :) So congrats to you too. (Here's a handy bump calculator that shows it).
    This is craziness!!! It totally makes sense though.  On the home stretch :smiley:
  • How far along are you? 27w4d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Even with the pregnancy support belt, I'm still having random RLP and other pains. Good thing my next check-up in next week.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I passed my 1 hour glucose screen!

Rants/raves? 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday and why? It's always been a tie between Fourth of July and Christmas. I love fireworks and grilling out and I love buying people presents and the decorations.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • How far along are you? 25w3d

Any new symptoms/changes? Not really. I'm not sure if it is the weather, my new FitBit, or actually feeling good, but this is the best I've felt all pregnancy. Which probably means next week I'll have pain in every round ligament or something like that.Then again, I'm really hungry right now.

Appointments? Nope!

Rants/raves: I love finally feeling regular movement! It is so reassuring. Although he keeps seeming to literally poke me in the middle of a meeting, when I'm supposed to be paying attention and taking notes.

Questions: I'm still basically sleeping on my stomach. Is that ok?

GTYK: What is your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving, man. It is all about the food. Mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy. I was SO glad that my nausea didn't show up until the day after Thanksgiving. If I had been feeling crappy it would have ruined the holiday.
  • @PurplePumpernickel I was sick for Thanksgiving and Christmas. For this reason, we have been banned from any more babies with the first trimester in november amd december 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008