August 2017 Moms
Options

Twat Tuesday

Who's a twat today???
DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: Twat Tuesday

• Options
    I had an OB appt this morning at 9. Its now 10 and they havent even called me up to check in yet. They got a new system and warned me last month that it would be like this but its still super annoying. 

Im trying everything not to fall asleep so I dont miss my name. 
  • Options
    More of a what than who- but Maternity clothes! Ugh- I bought 2 pairs of shorts from HM yesterday and was so excited to try them on when I got home. I felt like a busted can of biscuits! I even bought them 2 sizes bigger than what I normally wear  :s
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB who is shady and lied so now we can't have the home birth we've been planning. (Totally whining and AWing across threads because I'm so upset!)
  • Options
    Yes, one of my fav threads to post weekly!

Mine is towards the employees who had the nerve to ask me for approval of cooking RAW Bulgolgi Meat in a butane cooking contraption inside of a major and large conference room bec there was a bday potluck. I told the employee NO because of potential fire hazards and EHS (Environmental, Health, Safety - aka ME) was not made aware of this till I was put on the spot. He then tried to give me the guilty look bec he brought sooo much raw meat. I told him Hey you should've asked last week so we could've avoided the situation of uncooked food, plus can't you cook that at home before coming to work? His excuse was it wouldn't taste fresh - well that sounds like a personal issue doesn't it! 

He then tried to find a place to cook outside (still within the campus) after I told him again NO you can't cook on the facility. Like really?? He compared his butane cooking contraption to that of the sterno heating food. Except I pointed out that his sternos were leaking the jell material in liquid form onto the conference room floors and Facilities would not be too keen on that. LIKE REALLY?

It is NOT acceptable and NORMAL to be cooking food in conference rooms or in a workplace period! Now if its a work sponsored cook out where EHS/Facilities is aware and we've dedicated a certain location and provided fire extinguishers, then yes. WHAT A TWAT!!! And then folks in their dept potluck was not happy with me, OH WELL! If there's a fire God forbid, that would fall on my shoulders. NO THANK YOU!!! Cook your food at home!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    delizab  I noticed that H&M bottoms run small. Their shirts are awesome though. I had a biscuits moment too, in their dressing room trying on skinny maternity jeans. Gave up and went to Motherhood Maternity instead. 

My TWAT is both my family and my husband. It's too long a story to get into but let's just say DH is taking out the stress of life changes on me, and my family being annoying (i.e. "Seriously y'all I have a medical professional for this," - "Oh but we just worry!") is just piling on to both of our frustration. DH has this very annoying habit of not standing up for himself with what he really wants, and then bursting with frustration that he always does what everyone else wants and he never matters. Dude, stand up for yourself, I've told you a bunch of times before. That's what you get when you're a people-pleaser. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband is the twat. Went to the bathroom last night and after going noticed there was 1.5 squares left on the roll. Thank goodness I had baby wipes in there for my toddler. I take the roll into his office and ask him how he thinks anyone can possible wipe with that. He asked if that was all that was in the bathroom (as in no more new rolls under the sink.) yes, his response "sucks to be you". Don't  be a dick to a pregnant women, that's one thing pregnancy brain won't cause me to forget...I'll get you back "DH".
  • Options
    Im a twat to myself today!  Its beautiful outside (82 right now!) and I forgot to put sunscreen on/bring it to work with me, and can only sit outside for 20 minutes tops! I have super fair skin, and I burn SUPER easily.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    delizab said:
    More of a what than who- but Maternity clothes! Ugh- I bought 2 pairs of shorts from HM yesterday and was so excited to try them on when I got home. I felt like a busted can of biscuits! I even bought them 2 sizes bigger than what I normally wear  :s
    Ugh, I'm sorry the clothes didn't fit how you expected. I cracked up at that can of biscuits comment though hahah. That just made my day- I've never heard that expression!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @delizab what @DeansGirl14 said---H&M bottoms run soooooo small! I have to get three sizes up from my normal size there.
  • Options
    @delizab I have a pair of shorts from there that does the same thing. I have hidden them away to save my sanity. I also love my Pea in the Pod/Motherhood shorts. I have one pair of target shorts that run ginormous if you want to see if trying them on has the opposite effect on your self esteem :smiley:

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    Paid off my car loan and the TWAT teller told me that the automated payment would get sent back to my savings for me to withdrawal since they couldn't stop it (probably a lie) but not one but two different tellers on THREE occasions told me they didn't see the payment come in. I called their call center to have somebody else look at it and she says it has already come in and the balance that was available. SERIOUSLY?! SERIOUSLY?!!?! So now I have to go back a FOURTH time to close the account and take the overpayment out. 
  • Options
    My first TW is my feet... already swollen by mid/end of day and my slip on sneakers are tight!! Ordered a pair of backless canvas slip on sneaks and Birkenstock style sandals off Target today to try out. 

My second TW is my belly button. Belly Buttons creep me out and mine already popped and I hate how it shows through thinner tops, and it made me get all unhappy about bathing suit shopping, but I pulled the trigger on a possible bikini for our Babymoon next month. 

So really, I am my own TW today. Everyone has those days, right?!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    People who have bad grammar. 

It's supposed to, not suppose to
    Learn the difference between their, they're, and there as well as your and you're. 
    Words that end in t still get pluralized with an s. It's stylists, texts, etc.
    The $ goes before the number, not after.
    'S means someone owns it, that doesn't make it more than 1.

It annoys me when I'm not pregnant and is so much worse right now. I'm this close to hiding certain people on Facebook and Instagram. Some of these people are teachers for God's sake. 

Stuck in box..... OMG YES! This is my biggest pet peeve.  It isn't that hard! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I've got another one. DH's uncle who has to weigh 400 pounds at least and is one of the laziest people I know calling me lazy for using click list at Kroger.
  • Options
    My TW is a co-worker. This women spends a good part of her day talking crap on other employees, watching other people work when she should be working and trying to tell the supervisor the reason she isn't hitting her numbers is because other people are not doing their jobs. Seriously lady grow the hell up!!!! She is in her 50's and is the main person at my work that can get my blood boilling in a snap.
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 Ohhhh what's click list?! We have kroger where we are moving to and I hate grocery shopping. I was gunna use the walmart pick up. 
  • Options
    Oh many my twat yesterday was my anatomy scan tech.  Everytime I've gone for an US, I've had really nice, friendly techs who talk to me the whole time and explain what I'm seeing and if I ask for any special looks or anything, they always accommodate.  Well not yesterday.  She wasn't friendly at all.  Occassionally would say there's a foot or her hands are on her face.  I was starting to think something was wrong bc she was saying so little (it wasnt!). My friend had an AS 2 weeks ago and they did a couple 3D shots of the face, so I asked my tech if she was going to do that. She flat out said no. I was determined I was going to get one, so I kept talking about it and asking in various ways.  All no. I left that US so pissed off!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cmmiller531 it's the same as Wal-Mart. You order online, pick your day and time, pull into a designated spot, call the number on the sign, tell them your name and the spot you're in and they bring out your groceries and load them into the car for you. It's amazing. He just pisses me off, he always makes snide comments. He's literally the laziest person I've ever met. I'm pregnant with a toddler and a torn meniscus that I can't have surgery on till the baby is born. Don't call me lazy. 
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 same for our AS! We had the sweetest tech for our first two, but had to switch locations for our third and she was so underwhelming. Meh.
  • Options
    Walmart - Three wrong coloured cribs delivered - two are in the trunk of my car and the last one I just refused to accept. Call them, tell them everything and they send me an email that they'll send a shipping label for the last one shipped - which I don't have since I refused to accept it & told them that. Took the other two back while I'm in town today since they won't send a label for those. Gave up on them and ordered it from Best Buy - Price matched & delivered in one day for free. I miss Target!

Did anyone else know that what gets returned to Walmart (I'm sure other stores) often gets thrown out! One crib we opened (I should have checked but just assumed it was the right colour) - that one for sure just gets thrown away, there's nothing wrong with it. The second isn't opened but they said probably will too since it has a shipping label on the box now - WHAT?! If I had the money - I would have kept them and donated them. Such a waste, makes me so sad. All because "their system had a glitch" and kept sending a different colour than ordered, potentially THREE cribs will be tossed. I really hope that the two not opened don't. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @JWatt5 wow, I did not know that.  That's absoutley insane!! They could/should at least donate the returned items.  There's so many people out there that need things and can't afford them! that kinda pisses me off actually lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Late to this, but my twat is someone at work yesterday.

I explained to someone why their iPhone earbuds wouldn't work with their laptop. He goes " I understand, but I don't agree with you." My older, male coworker comes over and explains the EXACT same thing I did and all of the sudden this guy completely agrees with why the earbuds won't work.

:(

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I know it is Friday but my Sister is a twat. We gave my parents the gift of family photos for the holidays (to be done during family vacay this summer). This is right when we found out/ told them we were expecting, so we said the photos would have to wait a bit longer since vacay was a week before my due date, and we wouldn't be going. Everyone was fine and excited.

Well now we are doing a mini vacation in June and my sister is demanding we do the photos then. I asked if we could wait until Thanksgiving so the newest member could be in them. She said that since we had planned to do them before I got pregnant, she didn't see why we should wait. It's not her problem I will be pregnant in all the photos. 
    Gee, thanks?! 1-She is right I would rather not be 8mos pregnant in the photos
    But the big thing is that our daughter will be here 2 months later and she is going to be a part of the family, so she should be in these photos. My parents-whose gift it was- are fine waiting, they want their new granddaughter in them too. But my sister is not having it. 
    Guess I am doing maternity photos after all...

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 +1 for your sister being a total TW. Tell her to grow up.
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 she is older than me, and has a 6yo daughter...who she has had family pictures now with both sides. BIL side did them last year, and she got tons of photos with our side when her DD was the flower girl in my wedding! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 Agree with everyone that she's being a total TW. Plus, they aren't technically her photos- they were a gift for your PARENTS. Shouldn't they have the final say when they get taken?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Seriously, you ladies are making my day! My family in general suck at confrontation of any kind, so my parents are of the 'well, if she really wants them in June, we can do that and we will do new ones when your baby is here or a bit older' plan. I know my parents will want photos with the new baby so, I'm just letting it go. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • Options
    DH is a Friday twat today.  He stayed home sick with a cold he got from me.  After he spent all morning in bed I asked him to move our cars around because we had something large about to be delivered and I was making lunch for DS.  He told me he stayed home so he could sleep not do other things.  Seriously!  Do you know how many sick days I got to take, zero, because you don't get them as a SAHM.  And I am also pregnant and can't take any of the good medicine.  Grrr....
    BabyFruit Ticker