July 2017 Moms

Ten Things Tuesday

Thought we could try something new. Tell us ten completely random things!

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• Fun!

1. I'm having vegetable samosas for breakfast with yogurt sauce.
    2. I got them at the Farmer's Market not last Saturday, but the one before.
    3. Last night, I threw up in my fellow HOA member's home from drinking milk which hasn't happened in a long time.
    4. I've been seeing stars randomly and my mom thinks it's low blood pressure and dehydration.  We carpool and today she sent me off to work with a big 64 oz container of flavored water to finish before I pick her up at 5p lol.
    5. DH and I have decided to list our home, so we have a lot of work to do to get it on the market in the next couple of weeks.
    6. I am ready to be in a house with a yard, but I'm terrified to sell our first home because I don't know what to expect.
    7. The new home will most definitely come with a longer commute, but it's a trade off I guess.
    8. I've been trying to avoid buying groceries this week so I'm making myself and DH eat everything else we have (hence the samosas for breakfast lol).
    9. My grandfather is getting stents placed today (hopefully), but if the blockage is too bad he will need a coronary bypass later this week and the whole family is on edge.
    10. They only found this because his wife (my step-grandmother) had to have a stent put in two days after they got back from visiting us in early March and he decided to get tested for blockage too.  The doctors said his blockage was so bad he was having mild heart attacks and didn't even know.  He assumed the chest pain was old age and they found pneumonia in all four parts of his lungs.

Sorry if mine got a little heavy at the end!  I'm feeling really positive about his surgery and it's just the randoms going on in my life right now.  :p

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @maybeitsmadeline fx for your grandpa.  Also, when I read 'samosas' I thought it said mimosas....
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @maybeitsmadeline fx for your grandpa.  Also, when I read 'samosas' I thought it said mimosas....
    LOL Me too! And then I thought of samoas, like the girl scout cookies, but that didn't make sense either. I'm still not really sure what samosas are. Off to google. 
  • @maybeitsmadeline
    4. I've been seeing stars too. Mostly when I stand up too fast. Could definitely be dehydration. I try and try, but I know I'm not drinking enough water. 
    6. Good luck with selling your house! We just moved in November. I was really nervous, but the our house sold in less than a day, and the buyers were really easy to work with. And the house we bought was being handled by a relocation company, so they were really easy to work with as well. We really lucked out. Make sure you have a realtor you like/trust/communicate well with, because the realtor can take so much of the stress out of things for you.
    9-10. Ts & Ps to your grandfather and your family. It's great that they caught it before he had a major heart attack!
  • crzyforbabiescrzyforbabies member
    edited April 2017
    1. I'm on Spring Break this week. It's lovely to have the house to myself.
    2. I'm looking to buy my first home, but my champagne taste on a beer budget is making the search depressing.
    3. I went by condos I was interested in, and I was so unimpressed. The neighborhood didn't look as nice as my old "luxury apartment" and that was disappointing.
    4. My baby is kicking all over my right side. I'm curious to know what she is actually doing.
    5. My productivity this break has been nonexistent so far.
    6. I bought some cheddar jalapeño cheese puffs in the "natural" aisle of my grocery store. Could be really delicious or really nasty.
    7. My cat wants to be in my lap 100% of the time, and it can get annoying.
    8. I'm trying not to binge watch Season 7 of Shameless in one day.
    9. I am waiting for some men to come check out water damage in my mom's basement. My mom has called like 3 times to check up on me.
    10. I am watching all of the reality tv and DH isn't around to complain about it.
  • @SquirttheTurtle @AdaByron Samoas and mimosas sound exponentially better than Indian veggie pockets! LOL!

re: dehydration - I have been so bad about it.  I usually get in between 32-48 ounces on a good day and that's been really hard for me to do!  I need to work on it for sure.

re: moving - Great advice!  I really like our realtor and she knows our area very well and has worked in it for over 18 years.  That would be amazing if the house sold that quickly!  We did a lot of updates to it and I'm hoping it goes quickly so we won't be so stressed closer to my due date.  Are you loving your new house???

Thank you for the Ts and Ps for my grandpa!  I appreciate it greatly!

Also have to say, who paints the ceiling in a bathroom the same color as the walls?!  How aggravating lol.  Props to you for getting up there and painting!

+1 to loving rain!  Just not flooding or booming thunder.  I don't mind a nice quiet thunderstorm though.  It's great when you're sleeping.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Also have to say, who paints the ceiling in a bathroom the same color as the walls?!  How aggravating lol.  Props to you for getting up there and painting!

If I had noticed earlier, I might have thought twice about painting. LOL. It was a kind of neutral yellowish-tan color, and I just never paid attention to the ceiling. Then I chose a teal color to paint the walls, and had already bought the paint when I realized the ceiling issue. The tub/sink/cabinets are all bright white, so the ceiling would have just looked gross and dirty if I had left it. I'm really annoyed. And it's definitely going to take multiple coats on the ceiling. :(
  • @crzyforbabies I'm jealous. My spring break is next week and it can't come soon enough.
  • Mmm samosas, I've eaten those for brekky before. I wish I could now, but I can't eat anything for 2+ hours (doing my GD test as we speak)

1) I've always hated needles but I find myself getting used to them from all the pokes required during pregnancy
    2) We had our first day of "baby school" aka prenatal classes last night. Boyfriend and I were the only ones in the group that were sharing and asking questions. I hope the rest of the group opens up at our next class.
    3) I hope the doctor on the United flight yesterday sues the hell out of United airlines.
    4) BF and I usually eat dinner watching tv, but it's getting too​ hard for me to eat with my plate on the Ottoman (belly's in the way) so now we sit at the table like civilized folk.
    5) Pre-pregnancy me planned to go to Ecuador this month. Turns out life had a much bigger adventure in mind for me.
    6) The orange drink is disgusting 
    7) My sister confirmed that she can come to my shower with her sweet little boy next month! She's located in Winnipeg and I don't get to see her very often. I'm more excited to see her and baby boy than for my own shower.
    8) 10 random things is hard to think of
    9) BF has been working for approx 20 days straight, including through the weekends. He has 5 days off​ coming up and I'm so excited to wake up next to him!
    10) I'm dreaming of what I should eat when this test is over. I also hope I don't feel too shitty after because I have a work meeting later! 

• @maybeitsmadeline Sending my thoughts to your family, I hope everything goes well for your Grandpa! 
  • @Dovahkiin_99 +1 on the doctor sueing. It's so disgusting what they did. Being an aunt Is the best <3
  • @AdaByron re:10, I'm having the same issue! We used the smallest room for DD's nursery but since we moved her to her "big" room I'm making DD2's nursery the other "big" room so we don't have to move her again when she's bigger (and they don't fight over room sizes, since they're roughly the same) but it looks so empty in there!

1. I've been craving a BLT. I usually am not a huge bacon person but this was my 2nd and 3rd tri pregnancy craving last time too.
    2. I've spent all morning looking at water tables for DD for this summer.
    3. I freaked out about out nursery paint color, went to the store to look at more samples and ended up picking the same color I had chosen before. Story of my life.
    4. I want to paint our kitchen backsplash until we're able to get it tiled. I'm tired of all the splatter on the cheap contractor paint and not being able to wipe it off and H freaked out about me painting while pregnant...in our huge open kitchen...with the doors and windows open...what would take me like an hour...over reacting much?!
    5. I'm looking forward to the warm weather this weekend to wash all out outdoor furniture! H should have our patio done in the next couple weeks and I am looking forward to living out there!
    6. I have a doctors appointment at 1 tomorrow and instead of going back to work after it I'm already planning on going shopping by myself until I have to pick up DD
    7. DD got her first battle wound at daycare. She took a toy from another girl and the girl clawed her face. She has a cut from her ear all the way to her nose on her cheek. I'm not mad about it (these things happen) but the cut on her check is pretty deep, do these parent never cut their child's nails?!
    8. I need Easter candy to go away. I've been buying it every week at the store cause it's on sale...
    9. We got a save the date for our friends wedding in Oct and I'm already dreading it cause they're huge drinkers and it'll be open bar and I'll be stuck pumping and limiting my drinking.
    10. I had my first comment about being pregnant while out in public. I braced myself cause he asked how old DD was and would be when I had new baby. When I said 21 months he said "oh that's perfect, we had ours close together and it was the best thing we ever did" and went on and on about it. I wanted to hug him cause usually people are so negative about having kids close in age and I'm already freaking out about it but he was so nice and positive 
  • DcwtadaDcwtada member
    edited April 2017
    @maybeitsmadeline FX for a good surgery and outcome for your grandpa

1. I just gave the toddlers some watermelon for a treat. My son took all the pieces out of his bowl put them in his play hard hat and is wearing it while my daughter looks like a zombie after a fresh meal

2. DH is having a sleep study done tomorrow and it's the first time we will sleep apart since my son was born. It's a weird thing but we don't sleep apart, I am half looking forward to it and dreading it. 

3. We rescued a starving cat off our porch a few weeks ago, we are in the process of getting her a home/foster and found out the kitty is pregnant. Depending on how things go we may have kittens soon. Cat is so adorable but a pregnant cat is hard to place :( 

4. We have decided instead of running around for Easter this year we are going to claim that holiday for just our family. I am going to make a nice lunch, we are going to be home and play with the kids and have an easy day and make some easy (and junky food) for dinner.

5. I am having crab legs for dinner, this is like the third time in the last 5 days

6. I had to spend an extra 20 minutes at the grocery store because we got up and out so early our bank hadn't opened and deposited our check from the renter last night, which was going to be what I used for grocery money. 

7. DS screamed the last 15 minutes of that

8. DD then took a bite out of an avocado

9. I am not grocery shopping again...

10. I am still able to fit into regular jeans! Though they are tight

ETA: I just felt my sons hair and was puzzled as to why it was crunchy and remembered, oh yeah, watermelon hat.
  • @maybeitsmadeline Hope your grandfather's procedure goes well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Currently watching Moana for the 4 millionth time.

2. Pop tarts for breakfast

3. I got a Kindle fire for my birthday yesterday so that's where I'll be today.

4. I feel huge.

5. I wish I could paint, but we are renting.

6. I fully intend to at least do laundry today.

7. It's cloudy and suppose to rain, DD's tball practice was cancelled yesterday and I'm secretly hoping is it tonight too.

8. My grandmother just called to tell me she will be giving me and my sister a baby shower together. Um, no. No you will not. I don't need anything, you do that for her. I had to make her promise and said I'd go for cake and obviously my sister as long as my name was no where to be found. I fully expect her to break that promise.

9. I just checked another pregnancy app I have and it said 75 days left!!!

10. I'm just tired.
  • @maybeitsmadeline sorry to hear about your grandfather but wow he's a lucky guy that he got checked! I'm hopeful all will go well if he needs surgery. 

@MrsLa3 That is a nice gesture from your grandmother, and you are gracious for saying no. 

Randoms
    1) TB app is being a beeotch. It keeps kicking me off and then I can't find what threads I haven't read or anything. Logged in and out a few times w no luck. No mobile bumping until I figure it out.

2) It's legit hot today in NYC and our office A/C doesn't work. Ice water is my bff today.

3) I've developed super twitch eyes lately. I got my eyes checked a week ago and my prescription hardly changed, but somehow my eyes are super fatigued. It may just be exhaustion

4) We won a double stroller yesterday at our twin class, but bc we already bought ours, we swapped prizes with another couple and went home w a baby bjorn carrier! We still love that we won something, but it didn't feel right to take home the grand prize when we didn't need it.

5) I am slowly falling back in love with the taste of coffee. Decaf almond milk lattes (iced) are back in rotation. 

6) I have an exciting weekend coming up - I know it's kind of early but since we have no idea when these babies are coming...I have my shower saturdaY! We have family coming from MA too, which i am excited for.

7) Overwhelmed at how much baby stuff is about to be in our home after Sat.'s festivities.

8) Running out of randoms...

9) I hope you are all having a great day...

10) ta ta for now. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Had a fight with DD last night over wearing a diaper. She is just over 2 and has been pretty much fully potty trained since 18 mos and out of diapers a little before then. She was in tears over wanting to wear a diaper...

2. We are going to Disney at the end of the month and I am excited to experience that with our daughter. She keeps telling everyone she is going to Mickey's house.

3. My husband paid someone to cut our lawn yesterday since his mower is in the shop. This is the only time hes ever done that and he watched from inside and criticized his technique the whole time. As soon as he left the front yard to cut the back he had to go out and inspect it. It is obvious he is anal about the yard and I thought he was going to have a break down watching it being done.

4. I am not allowed to mow the yard because my lines are straight enough. He let me try once on the back yard (so no one could see it) and after about 2-3 lengths he stopped me and took over because they passes werent perfectly straight. Maybe I should mess up other chores so I'm not allowed to do those either?

5. Just got our DD a new "big girl bed" and the transition has been much easier than I thought it would be. She has had it about 1.5 weeks now and has gone to bed in it each night, but one (which she was sick).

6. Have my GD test next appointment and was given Welch's grape juice to drink for the test. Last pregnancy I was told to eat a packet oh skittles as the sugar source, so I've never had to have the glucose drink everyone complains about.

7. Most people still don't know I am pregnant even though I am visibly showing. I chalk some of that up to working with 75% men.

8. We also still have some family/friends that don't know also. This is because we chose not to post anything on social media and have just told people as we see and talk to them. My husband and I both come from large extended families so we didn't make calls to everyone and was just letting word spread naturally.

9. I love that my job allows me to wear jeans and a t-shirt/sweatshirt everyday to work, even though I work in a professional office setting.

10. I dislike that this week I have a dinner meeting and meeting with the government (EPA) for work so I have to dress up. I don't have much in business dress maternity clothes. Jeans are obviously not dressy enough, but dresses aren't appropriate either so  may have to go shopping.
  • 1. I still haven't announced on FB that I'm pregnant (I'm almost 25w). I don't plan on announcing till I'm 35 weeks at least. 

2. Today is beautiful and I actually had to put sunscreen on myself and the kids. I decided to grill some chicken and veggies for lunch and it was so nice grilling and chilling on the deck. 

3. DS1 has spring break this week (he's in public school) but DS2 still has school and his spring break isn't till next week (he's in private school). This schedule is super annoying and I wish they just both had the same spring break. At least it's just for this year, since DS2 will be going to public school next year (he will be repeating kindergarten since I'm redshirting him). 

4. I haven't done a single thing to prepare for baby #3. I feel like a complete slacker. 

5. I really need to wash all the bath mats in the bathrooms but I'm so lazy, I just don't want to. I'm contemplating just buying new ones because my lazy has hit new levels. 

6. My current pregnancy at 34 is very different than my first pregnancy at 25. Almost a decade apart, and I notice I am just a lot more tired this time around, though I've had zero MS this time! 

7. My mom is getting radiation on her non-cancerous brain tumor all next week. I am the one who will be taking her for the daily radiations, and will help her through recovery. I am absolutely dreading it. Also, DS2 has spring break and will be dragged along with me to these daily appointments. I feel badly for him.

8. I am about ready to set all my maternity pants on fire. They all keep falling and are just uncomfortable. I am glad the weather is nicer now because I think I'm just going to wear skirts from now on. 

9. DH and I bought the Nintendo Switch a week ago and have been playing Zelda every evening. I love it so much! I love to explore and collect things, and then I pass the controller to DH when there is any fighting. We share nicely :)

10. I need a pedicure badly! 
  • @irishrose54 the eye twitches may be dehydration. I had eye twitches (very rapid) that went to full facial twitches and then my hands cramped and seized up. You can drink ALL of the water but electrolytes are better (smart water, propel, gatorade, etc.). 

Not saying it is but I was freaked when it happened and didn't feel right for a couple days. I know it sounds crazy but you can be dehydrated even with all the water you could drink. 
  • @maybeitsmadeline Woohoo! Glad to hear the good news! 
  • @Dcwtada I feel like you and i get a lot of the same symptoms. Fainting, heart rate issues, you name it lol.  I am going to try some electrolyte water! Thanks for the tip. I haven't had full facial twitches yet but hopefully they stay away...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline - That is awesome news. Glad to hear the surgery went well.

@lamork - I'm jealous. I would much rather eat some skittles than drink the juice.  I don't think the juice is that bad but skittles are obviously way better.

@supermom83 - I feel the same about preparing for my third.  I'm so lazy.

My ten...
    1) Its so beautiful out today.  Sunny and warm. I have my office window open.
    2) I did not bring enough lunch today and I'm starving. Only fruit and cheese and crackers.
    3) Items 1 and 2 are really making me wish I could leave for the day right now.
    4) I also really want a poptart now.
    5) I just finished getting over a virus and after one good day, I'm back to being congested with an annoying cough.  I think its allergies. 
    6) But its too nice out, not to mention only being, April, so I refuse to turn my air conditioning on.
    7) I've not prepared for Easter at all.  And I do baskets for my nephews and friends kids too.  I'm so behind.
    8) My mom took my daughters to get new sneakers after school today.  I'm very thankful she does sweet and thoughtful things like that.
    9) I'm annoyed that today is the perfect day for a run but exercise and pregnancy don't mix well for me.  So I did go for a walk and feel pretty proud of myself for doing anything to get off my butt.
    10) This was a nice way to waste 15 minutes of work this afternoon :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) My cat is completely bonkers. She loves bean juice (like the juice from the can) so much that she drinks it out of the dirty sink the second I move out of her way. I hate her drinking it out of the sink, so today I put some water in the can and poured it all into a bowl for her. She lapped it up for a solid five minutes. This from the cat who refused the chicken DH tried to give her the other night. 

2) I was accidentally an hour late to my La Leche meeting today, and now I feel so bad. I apologized on Facebook. I really thought it started at 11, but it started at 10. 

3) Its 80 degrees outside, and I LOVE IT! I wish it would stay this warm. 

4) It looks like my moms friends went in on a car seat for us for the shower. Which was incredibly nice, except that we already had our car seat :s .  Oh well, major store credit to Babies R Us!

5) I'm making bacon pineapple pizza for dinner and can't even wait. 

6) I'm really excited for when I finally have an outside baby at the La Leche meetings. I love going, I love the early support and the early warning on everything breast feeding, but I feel left out. It's better with him kicking me all meeting long, but I just really want my outside baby. 

7) At the same time, I'm still having a hard time accepting that I will really have a baby in just a few short months. My brain just can't accept it yet, and I'm wondering how long that's going to take to sink in. 

8) Its hurting to sit today, so I'm going to be up a lot. Taking a walk, doing some cleaning... I just can't stay sitting for too long no matter how I position myself. First time really having this problem of being just unable to sit. 

9) DH and I are going to a hockey game tomorrow courtesy of his company and I'm really excited for it. I don't even really like sports, I just like going out with him. 

10) I started to do baby kick counts. Its too early to do them for real. but I thought I would take this last week and a half before I have to do them every day to mark down every time he kicks me so I would get an idea of when he is most active. I logged 184 kicks on Saturday alone. It was an active day for him, but even Sunday and Monday were in the 140s. I never realized how many kicks I was getting all the time! 

I agree. This is difficult. It took me a solid 20 minutes to do this. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

• 1. I had 4 meetings get cancelled today so I went from a crazy busy schedule to actually having time to get work done...but I'm on TB instead.
    2. Trying to decide what to make for dinner every night is as much fun as going to the dentist.
    3. Just over 11 weeks until EDD and the nursery still has guest room furniture and clutter from the big boy room project for DS.
    4. I have a ton of stuff that I need to list on our community BST site and the clutter is driving me nuts but I'm lazy and can't make myself do it.
    5. My pregnancy dreams have been going crazy this last week.  Vivid, strange dreams that make no sense and are actually starting to annoy me.
    6. I was lurking the birth announcements on other BMBs and saw a baby with the exact same name (first and middle) as DS.  
    7. I want a nap.
    8. I did my annual cost review exercise for our bills and saved us just over $100/month.
    9. This thread made me realize that it is Tuesday and not Wednesday today.
    10. My 40 lb dog is convinced that he is a lap dog just forced his way onto my lap.
  • @maybeitsmadeline Great news that your grandpa is doing ok!

@MrsLa3 I hope that you had a nice birthday and wahoo to the kindle!

@kerils I went to a few LLL meetings when I was pregnant with DD and I know what you mean.  It was weird to be the only one without a baby but I liked getting some insider knowledge ahead of time.

1. DD is napping and I could really use a nap too so I'm going to cheat and do 5 things :)
    2. I went back to my stroller exercise class this morning for the first time since my anatomy scan and it felt great to move.
    3. I just started binging The Crown on Netflix.  So good.
    4. It's super windy here today.
    5. I have a big opera audition next week and I'm having trouble finding a dress that hides my bump.  Unfortunately this is not a kid-friendly business and people often won't hire you if they know you have kids because they think you'll be unreliable (no way to prove that though which is why there aren't legal issues with that).  It can really stink but at the end of the day, I have no regrets about having a family so career stuff will work itself out.

Happy Tuesday, y'all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MrsLa3 "you're welcome" has been stuck in my head for 2 weeks! 

1.) DD has been sleeping for almost 3 hours and I should be cleaning or going through baby clothes, but I've sat and watched Netflicks almost the entire time.
    2.) I wish Scrubs was still making new shows.
    3.) This whole pregnancy I have been freezing cold. I am constantly having to apologize to patients how sorry I am about my hands.
    4.) Kimonos have been my new favorite item to wear as I think they make me look more pulled together than I feel (they probably don't). 
    5.) My car needs a wash so bad.
    6.) My wedding/engagement rings stopped fitting yesterday. 
    7.) It's getting hard being team green lately. I have made myself small gender specific lists that I will order once baby is here, but I've seen such cute little clothes that I haven't been able to buy.
    8.) I'm dreading the waiting portion of the GD test tomorrow. I have become so impatient.
    9.) DH and I have no boys names that we can agree. Not one. 
    10.) Even though I am cold, I would love a freeze pop right now...Blue or pink preferably. 

@maybeitsmadeline I'm glad the surgery went well for your grandpa! 

@supermom83 I hope your mom's radiation goes well and her recovery is smooth! 
  • @lamork my DH is like that too...he doesn't even like when I vacuum because those 'lines' are not right. So, I stopped doing it and he is cranky that he always does it.
    If you don't like how I do something and only tell me I did it wrong, of course I am going to stop doing it. You can't have it both ways!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • 1. My diet today has been terrible. We had an AM meeting and I was starving so I had half a bagel, and small pieces of two pastries. Then I treated myself to froyo because it was warm. I intended to have some grain salad and some pieces of pepper and cucumber I have in the work fridge, but the salad was not good and the cuke and pepper were slimey, so I really have just been snacking all afternoon...
    2. I've become unreasonably obsessed with my FitBit, especially since my company is doing a competition. I can't work out the way I used to so my numbers are lower, but I definitely paced in the elevator to get my step count up today.
    3. This title makes me think of 10 Things I Hate About You, the best teen movie of all time.
    4. Last night there was a turkey in my (very urban) neighborhood doing his turkey call, so of course my dog was growling at the noise. This morning I saw that the male turkey was separated by a fence and my street from two females. If this continues I may need to do some turkey matchmaking.
    5. I just broke a nail :(
    6. People commenting on my pregnant body make me feel really uncomfortable, even if they are trying to be positive. I know that's probably normal.
    7. After making fun of me for "listening to people talk" (podcasts), I caught my husband in bed, listening to a podcast last night :D
    8. The baby legit poked me yesterday, in the middle of a meeting. It felt like a person poked me from the outside, but I know for a fact that the woman to my right wouldn't dream of doing that.
    9. I'm pretty obsessive about checking the weather, to the point where I don't understand when people say, "I didn't know it was going to rain/snow/whatever today" when it has been in the forecast for a week. My weather app is my best friend, especially the hourly forecast for trying to plan whether to walk to work.
    10. I constantly play with my hair.

@abmommy15 my 60 pound lab-boxer thinks she's a lapdog. It doesn't help that I still invite her to sit on my lap.
  • 1. My daughter has the stomach flu. 
    2. Shes just like her mama when she's sick. 
    3. I have tutoringthis afternoon and am SO happy to leave her sick self with someone else. 
    4. It's 75 out and I'm SO HOT! How bad is it going to be when summer really gets here?!?
    5. I am still in shock that we bought a mini van. 
    6. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be 200 pounds by the end of this pregnancy. Such is life (oh, I'm 5'3")
    7. I'm SO over being pregnant, but am super scared of going early (literally all 4 of my friends IRL have had their kiddos early in the past 2 moths)
    8. I am so scared to be a SAHM to 3 kids 4 and under. 
    9. I'm one of those chicks who really doesn't like baby kicks, but freak out if I don't feel them often enough (to kicking now, hence the random comment). 
    10. Is it July yet?!?
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• @PurplePumpernickel 10 things I hate about you and can't hardly wait we're my favorite and best teen movies, though now and then will always hold a special place in my heart. 

@mslynn2012 welcome to the minivan club. Once you get over the shock and come to terms with being a minivan mom, it is seriously the best thing ever. I will probably own one the rest of my life, with or without kids. 

And ditto on being scared. I will be a SAHM to 3, 3 and under (and one 10 year old stepson/though not full time). I am scared for logistics, my sanity, grocery budget and a slew of other things. My only advice is find a sitter if you can and never feel bad about dropping the kids off for a couple hours so you can shower, eat, clean or just stare into space in complete silence. 
  • @PurplePumpernickel you should totally do some turkey matchmaking. And I also check my weather app all the time. Im mostly looking for warm weather :)

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited April 2017
    @acstec1 +1 on kimonos
    @PurplePumpernickel I have to see ten things I hate about you again. Tonight.
  • 1. I like switching it up- we should do tmi Tuesday sometime like June (I think it was)
    2. I'm freaking out that we've done next to nothing for this little girl and have 15 weeks left. We had DS's crib and dresser set by the time I was 12 weeks- now we have nothing but a few outfits. 
    3. We bought a swingset from costco last weekend and it's now in our garage since we have to have a French drain installed in the backyard. 
    4. Our garage and mudroom now smell like a cedar chest. 
    5. The smell of cedar makes me super nauseous. So that's fun.  
    6. I'm trying to come up with any excuse not to go to Stroller Strides tomorrow but I got nothing. 
    7. I go to bed about 10 mins after I put DS in his crib...at 8:00pm...it's my favorite time of the day. 
    8. DH and I are trying to find new shows to watch Netflix or other- send recommendations!
    9. We told all of our family we have special plans for Easter so we don't have to see anyone...we'll be laying on the couch binge watching whatever shows come recommended and I can't wait. 
    10. I'm a water bottle hoarder- my bedside table as no less than 10. I'm like the girl from Signs, I can't drink stale/old water. 
  • 1.This is such a fun idea! 

2. I washed my car the other day, and it already looks like crap again. 

3.  I got my nails done today. They're bright pink! 

4. I get my nails done because I have this terrible, anxious habit of picking at my cuticles. 

5.  I asked my husband if he wanted me to pick up dinner after my nail apt because I didn't want to cook. 

6.  He wanted me to cook, and halfway through cooking, he texted to say he wanted a sandwich. Sigh. 

7.  You'd think I was torturing my cat when I treat him for flees and ticks. 

8.  My cat wants to be on my belly all the time. A wiggling baby in my belly, and a cat on top of my belly feels super strange. 

9.  I do most of my clothing shopping at the Good Will. 

10.  I found Gap maternity jeans that seem to fit for $6. 
  • @julybaby17-2 don't cook! Make him fry eggs or make an omelette or something! I never cook on nail days or cook the day before. 
  • @maybeitsmadeline I'm glad your grandfather is doing well and didn't need the stents!
    @dcwtada I'm jealous of you and the crab legs.... I love them!
    @irishrose54 have fun at your shower!
    @operasingermommy good luck with your audition! It sucks that they're not more family friendly and you'll have to hide the bump. 

1. @Dovahkiin_99 that's funny I planned to be in Haiti next month for a medical trip until I got pregnant :-/  Lucky me though because I arranged the whole year's schedule around that and now I still have the time away from work!  And I'm going to make that #1 because 10 things ARE hard to think of.
    2. The baby was head down today during the growth scan. I know it doesn't matter at this point because there's time for her to move many times but I was excited because I had a feeling that she was positioned this way based on her movements and I was right!
    3. I told my H that I would start sorting through my things in preparation for our move next month once my boards was over but I haven't touched a single thing yet. My excuse is that I'm "recovering"
    4. I sent in my contract for my new job! Real things are happening now
    5. I have such a hard time drinking enough water every day. And then I feel really badly about it .
    6. I also have a hard time taking my prenatal plus my other meds (thyroid and iron) every day. So basically, I'm a horrible patient/pregnant person
    7. My feet are in dire need of a pedicure
    8. H and I have been binge-watching Friends lately
    9. The baby has been making a lot of large movements lately and I can finally see my belly jump/move when she does. But she always stops when I try to get H to look so he thinks I'm making it up
    10. We had great weather today. I wore a short sleeved shirt and no jacket and it felt awesome, but it also served as a reminder to me that summer (and July!) is right around the corner
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar watching Friebds makes me so happy! I've seen all the episodes several times, but there is just something comforting about it!