Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Check-in Week Apr10

Re: IF/Testing Check-in Week Apr10

• Loading the player...
  • @Aurora1973 Oh we get it.  We definitely get it.  

@tamalahoops Very exciting! 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Aurora1973Aurora1973 member
    edited April 2017
    @kiwi2628 So glad it went well! Yay for clear tubes!

@laurad75 I know you especially get it, love.  Thank you <3

edited to add:  @wabash15 Totally taking you up on that.  And right back at you

My acupuncture clinic specializes in fertility and gave me a copy of The Infertility Cure, so I think it's about time I cracked that baby since from what you all have said, there's a lot about the mental part of IF.  And I'll be hanging out in an airport and on a plane next week! Speaking of the mental part, has anyone tried guided meditations?  What did you think?
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• @kiwi2628 so glad it went well!  It's so good to have that peace of mind :)
  • @kiwi2628 so glad it went well and all is clear
    @auraura1973 LOL that's great. I think at some point we all will do anything for that BFP! I think it's amazing that you volunteer with those kids. They can use all the love.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Thanks @wabash15!  I love it, and every week is different.  I really think I get more out of it than they do.  LOL, I also appreciate that you understand my next level BSC.

@TravelingCouple Oh holy hell that devolved.  I commented very early and saw that it seemed to be pretty unanimous, so I hadn't checked it in a while, and hello drama.  @antoto You have my support as well. 
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Omg I just went to that thread and what a drama fest! Its amazing how quickly things get blown up in this place. @antoto all the support from me to you
  • @tamalahoops Everything crossed for you! :) Glad they didn't drop it though ;)

@kiwi2628 Glad that it went well. Eat all those crackers, you deserve it! :)

@TravelingCouple @antoto Now i guessi jeed to check that thread again. When i was thereir was civilized still  :D  (@Travelingcouple it'd great you took the time to pop in. :)
    Me: 33, DH: 38
    Married: May 2015
    TTC since September 2015
  • Thank you @magnolia131. I'm with you about the parks. I think this weekend will be crazy but this is the only weekend my friend can go. 

@Anna_1021 thank you and yes it's great to be doing something. 'S tests will be over the next 2 weeks then we will go from there.

@GG620 thank you and yep I think we will stick with this one because he seems more thorough. Congrats on the good timing this month. FX for you!

thank you @wabash15! I sure am excited to just feel like we are moving forward

Thanks @JuneRoseRuby. Well it is a good sign that he showed a good response with his hormone testing. That means it's working like it should right? I hope my H doesn't have too many issues because he's not big on meds as is. 

@tamalahoops glad it went well! FX for you!

Now I have to go check that thread but I'm sure I will agree with whatever @antoto said!
  • Question for those who have had an HSG- When did you have sex again after? My OPK was thisclose to being positive this afternoon after my HSG so I want to get my bang on. On the interwebs I am reading everything from its ok to have sex immediately after to wait the whole month...thoughts? Feelings? Voodoo vibes?
  • @kiwi2628 I am pretty sure I had sex relatively soon after mine... but I'm confused because I haven't heard of an HSG being done so close to ovulation - it's usually super early in your cycle.  What CD are you?
  • kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited April 2017
    @antoto I am CD10 but I do sometimes ovulate as early as CD9. I havent turned a test positive yet, and this AM it was very negative, so my doctor said to come in, and then this afternoon it was still negative but preeeeeeeeetty dark so my guess is tomorrow AM will be positive. My doctor said even if I ovulated tomorrow, the HSG wouldnt affect anything, as long as I dont ovulate today which is/was unlikely, but I am hoping to get in at least one post-HSG sex-scapade before I O.
  • Ohhhhh okay yeah I didn't realize you Od so early!  All good. 
  • @kiwi2628 I saw mixed feedback when I researched before my hsg but when I got it my doc told me it was fine to have sex that night. I made sure to ask since I was close to O when I got mine as well. 
  • Question- what's the consensus on temping during a medicated cycle: ye or ne? Also I know femara helps with follicle growth and size but would it impact O in a sense of O'ing earlier? I usually O around cd 13-15, have an US scheduled for cd 12. 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I have just for grins currently but have not in the past. It is not uncommon for the meds to mess with your temps so you may not see a temp shift or see it when you actually O.  I have been doing OPK's early on since I do occasionally O on CD12 but I also chatted with them so my RE had me come in a little earlier in my cycle for my follie scan. If you typically O on CD13-15 a CD12 follie scan should be OK. So long story short if you have the urge, then temp but be aware it may be wonky.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @beachbunnyxo123 I stopped temping when I started medicated cycles because I was confirming o with bloodwork and u/s. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @kiwi2628 I think we had sex that night or maybe the night after my HSG.  I didn't have much discomfort with the procedure so I was fine. 

@beachbunnyxo123 I stopped temping when I went on meds (except clomid - I temped on clomid).  I was going to temp this cycle and then didn't bother since I won't have anything to compare it to.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @beachbunnyxo123 (We're in pretty much the exact same boat, I'm just a couple days behind you.) I think I would quit temping this cycle except that my acupuncturist asked if I would temp out a full cycle so she can see the whole thing (normally I only temp CD 8 or so through 5 days or so post O). Otherwise, I figure that since the meds can screw with temps plus we're going to be forcing the issue, I'd maybe skip. I think it's just a matter of if you hate temping and it's relaxing to take a break or if it helps you to feel more in control. I'm not sure which is weirder for other people: the whole thing being at the whim of your body or having outsiders take control of the situation. :)

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kiwi2628 yay for clear tubes!
    @Aurora1973 I'm interested to see if the elephant and pomegranate works.....how do you find the eastern most corner of your house?!
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • @wabash15  okay I'm gonna stick with OPKs. If I got a positive before Cd 12 (hopefully not) would it be worth calling the doc to bump up my ultrasound?

@tamalahoops that makes perfect sense!! Why didn't I think of that!! 

@kiki75 last month was the first month i temped (just for shits and giggles) in 4 months. I definitely feel more relaxed not temping so maybe I'll just stick with that! 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I think that now that you have people orchrstrating the whole thing, the name of the game for you at this point is taking care of yourself mentally. So generally whatever helps your stress level. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @beachbunnyxo123 yes if you get a + before your US I would call. oh and I second what @kiki75 said!

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @kiwi2628 Happy to hear you got the all clear! It is definitely a feeling of relief. 
  • OK, so I just realized that perhaps I should do some research before I totally eff up Feng Shui, and it's a good thing I did!  Turns out the elephant's trunk is supposed to be down, not up, and either in the living room or near the door of the bedroom, like it's coming in.  And I found nothing about a pomegranate under the bed, but definitely found that pomegranate art or fresh pomegranates in a bowl are good because they have juicy seeds.

There's tons more, but one thing that struck me was that you're not supposed to have flowers of any sort in the bedroom, which I find weird since they seem to be a fertility symbol.  I have several flower paintings up in our room, so perhaps I should take those down and get pomegranate art instead?

Regardless, it's all about allowing the energy in, so I'm going to concentrate on making our home conducive to that.

And get one of these because they're adorable (just don't ever put in on the floor!!):

Image result for buddha and children statue

• @tamalahoops I saw your post in TWW, hoping for a mentally calm two weeks for you! And a sticky bean! 

@kiwi2628 glad the procedure went smoothly! 

@Aurora1973 love your dedication to this new project! I second @safire3, if this results in you getting KU, then I am totally running out to buy an elephant.