July 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 4.10

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 4.10

• @nktrodden826 as others have already said, unfriend her. I cannot imagine the pain of her situation and am not belittling it at all, but she could have un-friended or unfollowed you a long time ago if the posts are bothering her that much. If she notices and confronts you about it, you could just say something like her reactions to your posts made it seem like she was made uncomfortable by your updates, so you thought removing her as a friend would be in her best interest.
  • +1 @Potterphile That was my initial reaction to the employment situation but I have no legal background - it was just a gut reaction that it sounded suspicious.

@NutellaToast I'm sorry this happened and I agree that you need to follow up on this with your boss and/or HR. Pull the pregnancy card - it might make them much more reluctant to fire you for legal reasons. Don't assume that this is a done deal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for all of your advice and kind words, everyone. It really made me feel better. I agree that I should talk to someone, but I am not really sure how to go about doing that. The problem is that I work for a very small company, less than 30 employees, so we do not qualify for FMLA. I'm not really sure what my rights are in that situation. Also, the assistant manager also acts as HR, and she is the one that I spoke with today. I could go to the manager, but I am not sure what she could/would do differently. I am sure that I will figure something out, but I needed some time to de-emotion for a bit. Thanks again, ladies!
  • @star_beagle This is such a rough situation for you! And my heart goes out the second friend "MA" who is going through infertility issues and had to listen to a friend tell her 'God will give her what she deserves.'  That is one of the most hurtful things I've ever heard, especially with your other friends past experience of loss. I feel like that sentiment is insensitive and hurtful to anyone going through pain... those going through losses, cancer, a sick child etc... sorry you have to deal with that! 
  • Wtf is this BS??? 15 cookies???

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Wtf is this BS??? 15 cookies???

I had the same reaction!
  • neludelu said:
    Wtf is this BS??? 15 cookies???

I had the same reaction!
    Look at all the wasted space! That could totally be filled with yummy cookies. 
  • neludelu said:
    Wtf is this BS??? 15 cookies???

I had the same reaction!
    Look at all the wasted space! That could totally be filled with yummy cookies. 
    That size box is FAKE NEWS!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • My MBF is a little late, but...my bank account was hit with a charge that I did NOT authorize, which threw everything into the red. It's a new bank account, so the number of places that actually have my card number is very limited. I know I did not give this place my new info, so I wonder how they got it in the first place. Luckily the bank is taking care of it, and reversing the charge AND the accompanying NSF fee that came with it, but it's taking forever to happen. And of course this comes at the dead end of the pay period and right when I need gas. I'll be driving on fumes, but I'll make it home and get paid tomorrow!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @NutellaToast you may not qualify for FMLA, but you should still be protected by the anti-discrimination laws that bar employers from firing pregnant women. I'd definitely do some digging into your state's laws, and talk to someone higher up when you have calmed down.