September 2017 Moms

Round Ligament Pain

anyone having round ligament pain? I THINK I've been dealing with it all night...but everything I've read says it's mostly on the right side, sometimes the left, or sometimes both. Mine is center low abdomen, where my belly bump meets the top of the mons pubis and happens when I walk, get up from sitting/lying down, or turn in bed. Does anyone know if the pain can be central? I already messaged my doc, but it's the weekend and I won't hear anything til Monday...
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Round Ligament Pain

• Mine has always been on the sides. It can get pretty painful too. The other night I must have had a lot of trapped gas plus round ligament pain while I was sleeping because it was killing me!!! FX it's just ligament pain for you! I'm sure everyone's can feel different at times. :smile:
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• I think some ladies were talking about this in the weekly symptoms thread.

Seems to be a pretty common symptom at this point in our pregnancies. RLP can occur pretty much anywhere around your uterus. And it will continue probably throughout the rest of your pregnancy. 

Try not to have any sudden movements. I know it's a scary feeling, but in most cases it will be pretty normal. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was dealing with this type of pain, a LOT, around 16-17w.  It felt like my hip was going to pop out, and my pelvis was going to split right in half.  It's really normal.  If you're comfortable taking medicine, my midwife okayed Tylenol (no NSAIDs like ibuprofen/ naproxen), and I took a lot of it while that pain was happening.  Double check the paperwork your OB gave you for what they approve for pain management.  

The good news is that around 17w or so, it got better, fast.  
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • What @cmar1006 said. RLP occurs anywhere along the uterus and is caused by the stretching of the uterine muscle.

I have been having this a lot also. Avoiding sudden movements is a good start. For me I noticed the RLP tends to be worse if I am very active / walking around a lot. Taking more frequent short breaks has helped for me.
  • cmar1006 said:
    I think some ladies were talking about this in the weekly symptoms thread.

Seems to be a pretty common symptom at this point in our pregnancies. RLP can occur pretty much anywhere around your uterus. And it will continue probably throughout the rest of your pregnancy. 

Try not to have any sudden movements. I know it's a scary feeling, but in most cases it will be pretty normal. Good luck!
    This exactly. I was one of the ones talking about it in the symptom thread. Mine was center and constant. Different than the other RLP I had felt, but my doctor told me it was RLP and normal. It subsided a few days later. 

• Can round ligament pain be like where your legs attach to your pelvis? If that makes sense? Whenever I get up or walk for a while it starts hurting so bad right there.
  • Can round ligament pain be like where your legs attach to your pelvis? If that makes sense? Whenever I get up or walk for a while it starts hurting so bad right there.
    Yes absolutely! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"

Have you seen this photo? Might be able to help visualize why the pain is where it is. As your uterus grows and stretches, this ligament is also being pulled and stretched. So there are many places you could feel it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cmar1006 said:
    I think some ladies were talking about this in the weekly symptoms thread.

Good to know...I was just thinking it might be a lot to sift thru. 
    But anyway...it's getting better. My friend is a doctor and was hanging out last night. She suggested cat to cow stretches. If you aren't into yoga...it's when you're on all 4s and you exhale and round your back tucking chin to chest for cat stretch, then inhale and look up the sky and curving your back towards the ground for cow stretch. Totally helped this morning! No stabby stabby pain getting up from bed! 
    Pregnancy Ticker