October 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check In / 4*6*17

nhoover88nhoover88 member
edited April 2017 in October 2017 Moms
@VLillyV I didn't see a post for this week and I hope this is okay. I will start doing them, if you want me to.  :)

Hello first time mommies! Please check in here! Share what you wish smile

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: FTM Check In / 4*6*17

• Options
    How far along are you?  14 weeks and 4 days today!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  I have had a huge increase in discharge over the last couple of days.  Other than that, not much different.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No more appointments until the 17th.

Rants/raves? Today is the end of the grading quarter at school and my kids are driving me insane.  They are gigantic procrastinators and have been on the receiving end of some pregnancy rage.  Counting the minutes until today is over!  

Questions for FTM, or STM+? What kind of breast pump do you use?  (Brand?)  I can get one for free from my insurance, but there are six types.  I'm not sure what's good.  

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be?  DH and I went to Rome for our Honeymoon last summer and I FELL IN LOVE with that city.  I could live there and learn Italian and be a happy lady forever!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13w+2d
    Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not really... I think maybe I'm starting to feel a little better/more perky.
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? We had our NT scan on Monday. Baby looked great, but I found out I have low PAPP-A, which can lead to certain other problems, so I'm kind of worried about that now.
    Rants/raves? Tonight is opening night of my school's musical, and at the end of the show the drama teacher is helping me announce to all the kids!
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? Not that I can think of.
    GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? London, or really anywhere in England. I love England.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    I don't know anymore. Was Oct3 but NT scan moved us up a week and OB hasn't confirmed. Maybe I just have a long kid?? 
    More hunger - so welcomed. Also some anxiety and lethargy I've posted about in the mental health check in. Fighting the funk. 
    none til next week. 
    Rants/raves? 
    Its been difficult to find a good time to tell DH parents and still have mixed feelings on it. The number of family in-the-know is so small that it makes me anxious that once they know, we'll have to tell everyone or risk it being leaked by someone else. Ugh

spain - siestas FTW
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    12 weeks tomorrow! 

Heartburn galore. Afternoon headaches. And dizziness. 
    Have an appointment tomorrow morning, I'll update after!
    Rants/raves? 
    Just had two of the worst work trips of my life. A horrible 4 day and even worse 3 day right after. Don't know if it was just pregnancy hormones making me so irritable or what. Ready for this week off and head down south to be pampered by the SO  o:)
    Not today.
    I love Germany. And anywhere in Europe really. I have transfers in for London and Frankfurt so who knows, maybe I'll end up there! I could definitely win the lottery and retire in the carribe an though- I'll keep dreaming over here.
  • Options
    @JessDG I used the Medela pump in style advance. It was offered through insurance but with a cost. The free one seemed cheap to me for how much I would have to use it. So I paid $150 (I think) as a copay and used my insurance to get the nicer one. It came with a tote bag that holds the pump/parts and a small bag with an ice pack to hold 4 small bottles. The pump is usually around $300. Though it was my first time using a pump, I liked it and it worked for me! I'll use it again this time around!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12w6d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not really. Except I threw up for the first time yesterday morning. It was weird. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No appointments until 4/25 and that's just a check up. 

Rants/raves? A friend treated me to Chic-fil-a today. It was great. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I haven't been to many places but I think UI'd like to live somewhere beachy and laid back but still have a city close by. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? Assuming 14 weeks & 3 Days.

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My nips are on FIRE when I'm cold! Other then that I feel like my energy is coming back! :)

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? None

Rants/raves? I scheduled a 3D/4D ultrasound for the 20th! Hopefully we will be able to find out the gender! I will be close to 17 weeks then.

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I'm pretty happy with my little home town. Living a little closer to the beach or at the beach would be a plus. Either the NC coast or SC coast.

@JessDG I've has an increase in discharge too, but some days are lighter than others.

@soprano19 I hope it's nothing and on the next set of test I hope you get good results!

@PizzaMonster3 My NT Scan was almost a week ahead too. I'm keeping my EDD for now. As far as telling family, once we told our parents they told the world, but not on social media...just gossip! Lol

@flyingfall All those symptoms should be getting better as you end your week. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! Enjoy your trip!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @nhoover88 hey! That's totally fine. I am going through a lot right now because of my dogs recent passing. My mind has been elsewhere. Please feel free to start it anytime, the more the merrier :)

How far along are you? 12+4? 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I've started to experience a bit of a pulling cramp sometimes when I walk around or lay in an odd position. It's not bothersome, just there.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  None

Rants/raves? 
    Rant **** TW about my dog **** 

I've been going through a lot with my poor pups passing. The initial pain and shock is finally starting to fade but now I am left with anger and anxiety.

I am very scared of large dogs after this attack. I don't even want to look at regular dogs because it breaks my heart. I have been helping a sibling file the correct reports, take the correct pictures, document the correct things. I was able to locate his body and arrange for him to be cremated. That is very comforting to say the least. Initially, his body was just taken by the people who's dog killed him and dumped as a stray. It infuriates me they did that. Absolutely shocking and NOT OK! He would have just been lost in a mass cremation! Anyway. I am glad that he's going back home. It's absolutely soothing and comforting to know he won't be lost in the abyss. 

Now I am worried about my poor mother because she is taking it so hard... she's an empty nester and now doesn't even have my pup's companionship. My father works far away and only comes home on the weekends for a bit. I don't know what to do. Part of me feels as if in time, she will need another dog but part of me is unsure if that would be the right thing to do. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? hmmm idk right now. Possibly California again. I can't play right now. Somewhat foggy and dull.

I'm ghosting for now. It's nice to see you all ladies :heart:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    curlyq423 said:
    @JessDG I used the Medela pump in style advance. It was offered through insurance but with a cost. The free one seemed cheap to me for how much I would have to use it. So I paid $150 (I think) as a copay and used my insurance to get the nicer one. It came with a tote bag that holds the pump/parts and a small bag with an ice pack to hold 4 small bottles. The pump is usually around $300. Though it was my first time using a pump, I liked it and it worked for me! I'll use it again this time around!
    @curlyq423 Do you have to have the baby before you apply for a pump through insurance or do you apply for it before the baby is born? Just curious.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Just heartburn. Maybe some constipation. GI tract doesn't like baby. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? None, I don't think. Don't remember last time I checked in on the FTM thread. 

Rants/raves? DH and I cannot come to an agreement on finding out the sex of this baby. I want to, he doesn't. Not sure where that leaves us, lol. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Here's one: Just how horrible are perineal tears/lacerations, episiotomies, etc? I see some gnarly ones at work and I just think that cannot be any fun at all. I worry that if I have any of the above I will never feel the same again as long as I live. I'll never poop normally again, I'll never have sex normally again, I act as if a bomb is gonna go off down there but it's without a doubt my biggest worry, lol. 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I *think* last time I said London. I loved Paris too, but I'd be like a fish out of water over there. I don't know a single word of French. Well, I'm lying, I know what I learned on "Beauty and the Beast" :lol:
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nhoover88 said:
    curlyq423 said:
    @curlyq423 Do you have to have the baby before you apply for a pump through insurance or do you apply for it before the baby is born? Just curious.
    I couldn't get my pump until after the baby was born. Which was frustrating because I had to go into the closest city to pick it up - in the dead of December - right after giving birth. Hoping this insurance does things differently because my pump is the WORST (I'll go home and dig it out so I can warn everyone not to get it). 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nhoover88 I got it when my son was around 4-5 weeks old. I didn't want to get it too early in case I wasn't able to breastfeed. However, I'm able get it before. This time around, the nurse told me I can go to the women's boutique at the hospital around 36 weeks to get a new one ordered.  It may depend on your insurance when you can get it, but I would check with the hospital you're delivering and I'm sure they can help you through the process. The lactation consultant at a breastfeeding group helped guide me where to get it. Check and see if your hospital provides the groups and stop in and talk to one of them! They are usually free! 
  • Options
    @natleilynn oh no! That stinks! I guess it depends on insurance. 
  • Options
    @curlyq423 and apparently the day of the week! If I'd had DD on a weekday, I could have picked it up at the hospital, but because I had her over the weekend (and was released on Christmas Eve, they were closed.) So that didn't help. Different state/hospital/insurance this time so hopefully it will be different :smile:

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13weeks 5 days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My bump is starting to protrude a little more. Nausea is completely gone. My appetite seems to be balancing out too I' m not crazy hungry all the time. One new symptom is i get a little light headed from time to time. Maybe once every other day I'll notice it. It goes away 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Got our Harmony results and NT scans back. Everything is normal! Dr. was very pleased with the results. My husband got his blood work back too, and he's not a carrier for the genetic syndrome that i'm a carrier of (Bardet Biedl Syndrome? very rare i guess. I've never heard of it) annnddd... we're having a GIRL! <3

Rants/raves? DH has been away all week on a business trip, and I'm starting to get a little lonely.  I wanted to get all of this cleaning done while he was away, but can't seem to find the energy at the end of the day to do it... BUT i did order some new dresses from Pink Blush...they came today & i LOVE them. We are supposed to have really nice weather next week, so i can't wait to wear them.

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Paris, or the French country side. 
    \

• Options
    @natleilynn Good luck, I hope it's a smoother process this time! 
  • Options
    @emwj10187 That is good news for you all the way! Happy for you!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @VLillyV Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that happened to your sweet pup. I can't imagine what you and family must be going through. Sending you healing vibes through this tough time. 
    \

• Options
    @VLillyV it makes me so unspeakably angry that that happened to you and your pup. Some people are horrible humans. Hugs.
  • Options
    How far along are you?  11w6d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? The exhaustion finally went away! My headaches are lessening in frequency but lasting longer, which is annoying. My bump is getting to the stage where it looks like I had way too many carbs haha

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Our next appointment is tomorrow morning so I'm excited to see what's new! 

Rants/raves? None today. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None today. 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I'm a NOLA girl forever but I've always enjoyed my vacations to places that are near the ocean. Nothing specific since I'm sure I'll be one of those folks who never leaves her hometown. 
  • Options
    @VLillyV I'm SO sorry that happened to you! 
  • Options
    @VLillyV my heart breaks for you. I watched the video you posted of your Fluffy and I teared up. We also had a Maltese that got "adopted" by my MIL because she fell in love. He has little dog syndrome and we were worried how he'd do with SIL DS. He is the most protective of that kid now and while no one else can touch his ears, nephew can. I know your sweet fluffy would have been best buds with your LO and it's unfair he was taken from y'all. Thinking of you <3
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JessDG  I had the Medala Pump In Style - I was happy with it, plan on getting checked to make sure the suction is still up to par.  I think I want to get a Spectra this time, I heard great things about it.  I'll keep one at home and one at work I think.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ForwardnBackward  Looks like both of those are covered.  Will do a little more research.  Looks like I have to give the baby's delivery date on the website to order the pump, so I'll have to do that after the baby is born.  
  • Options
    @VLillyV Oh my gosh! I just saw your post! I am truly sorry for your loss...especially the way it happened. My heart goes out to you and you will be in my thoughts as you go through this process! <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JessDG I have BCBS insurance and just looked into the breast pumps. If you have BCBS, you can get your pump in the third trimester or once the baby is born. I guess it's up to the mother and what she has time to get done before hand.
    BabyFetus Ticker