Options

TWW Thursday 4/6

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: You have to give a 10 minute speech at a high school.  What is it about?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: TWW Thursday 4/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4(roll over)/3

CD/DPO: 27/8

Timing: meh

Testing: I feel like peeing on things. 

R/R: Going to bed early today!

CS/Q: So, FF took away my CHs today. I have a hypothesis. For the last 3 days I have taken Lunesta before bed and those 3 temps are below my coverline. I'm not going to take it today and see what happens.  

GTKY: I would talk about public vs private universities. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @morado23 ooh, what would you say about public/private unis?
    @gusgus14 Good luck on not testing for a while, and FX you're not out. GL with solving the impossible at work, and don't forget to reward yourself for trying!
    @RVAmom315 That's a lot of gym time! So impressive! Aren't you sore?
    @BertieMeetsGertie sorry for the bad weather forecast. I always get headaches when the atmospheric pressures change. I'd say chocolate is in order, or maybe a nice bath.
    @Redpuma119 I wish I had a garden. My few balcony plants are looking so sad, I guess I have to change the soil or something. What do you grow?
    @wabash15 I keep promising myself that I'll google what a trigger is/does so I can actually understand your (and others') posts. Perhaps today will be my lucky day and I'll actually get it done :smile:
  • Options
    @kiki75 that's so exciting your doing meds next cycle!! I hope your a SS and don't need them, but if you do I hope they do the trick for you.
    @Redpuma119 hey girl!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @morado23 Thanks, that's helpful! And yes, sorry @Avrilmai, I totally read your cycle # as your dpo. Well, I guess that's what I get for bumping right when I get up...
  • Options
    @camomile-2 a trigger is an injection (usually HCG, but sometimes lupron) that causes ovulation. With the injection you typically ovulate within 36hrs (though if your follies are very mature it can be as soon as 12 hours) Depending on the person, the trigger used and the month it may stay in your system for a variable amount of time. The trigger will give you a + HPT. Some women doing fertility treatments will "test out" their triggers, taking a pregnancy test every day until it becomes negative. Others will wait until 14dpo (or the equivalent of) to test.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @camomile-2 I definitely feel it when I'm working out - but have just mainly focused on the cardio right now - going to start circuit training Sunday.  Then I'll be sore!
    @BertieMeetsGertie Best advice ever!  Most people should live by that :smile:
    @kiki75 Very exciting for next cycle!!
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @Avrilmai Yes, I misread your numbers :neutral: But when I looked at the stats @morado23 linked me, I found that there's actually a 15% change that a positive result will be picked up! That's more than I thought, although I agree with you that it's likely to be just a waste of a stick..
  • Options
    @camomile-2 yes, it seems we were posting around the same time. no worries. Thanks to @morado23 for posting the link. 

@kiki75 i wish I had gotten that advice in high school. Also, so excited for you! 

@SoldiersMom hoping your positivity lasts, FX for you!

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 16/2?

Timing: -4, -2, O (maybe)

Testing: Not unless AF is late

R/R: We were supposed to experience bad storms yesterday and possibly tornadoes, it turned out to be much ado about nothing in my area but my office closed early and then DH and I were just very lazy which was nice. 

CS/Q: This is my first month trying and charting and I need to get a better handle on my temp next month. tl;dr - dumb question, but how do you take your temp in the morning and actually see the thermometer and not wake up your SO? I have a BBT thermometer but I am blind and cannot read it without my glasses, plus it is dark in our bedroom, and I wake up way before DH most mornings and the thermometer beep startles him out of bed because it sounds like our burglar alarm, so I get up and take my temp. I had hoped since I always do the same thing it would be consistent so it wouldn't matter that I get out of bed but my temp is erratic. I had EWCM starting evening on CD13, had it through CD14, then it was gone on CD15. Took OPKs but never got a positive - I drink a lot of water and have tried to drink less for testing purposes but IDK, maybe OPKs are just not for me. My temp does not show a rise so FF thinks I am still fertile but I don't think that is right. Not at all hopeful about chances this month, just really want to be sure O is over so I can take my allergy medicine again. 

GTKY: You have to give a 10 minute speech at a high school.  What is it about? I would talk to them about media and information literacy - make it a practice to second guess what a news source or website says, especially when it reinforces something you already want to believe. I think this is such an important topic all high school kids should have to take a course on unconscious bias and media literacy. 
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama Great job on not SS this cycle!  Fx it continues for the next week!

@zamora_spin It is best to take your temp before getting out of bed if you notice your temps are incredibly erratic.  I don't know what BBT you use but the beep of mine is pretty soft and DH never complains about it.  Also, most of them will save the last temp taken so you can take it first thing and then read and input it later.  Just be sure to input the correct time it was taken.  Also, if you are temping and using FF, most people will wait until they get CHs before moving over to the TWW as you need 3 consistently higher temps to confirm O.  Also, EWCM is not the only fertile type CM, watery is also considered fertile and FF will consider you fertile for a couple days after you get EWCM as well.  I would suggest posting a screenshot of your chart in the weekly chart stalk thread.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @kiki75 yay for a plan!!  :)

@lulu1180 lol. Love the gif! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    @zamora_spin I second what @lulu1180 said. Also, I know I've second guessed FF in the past, but it usually turns out to be right, as least as long as you're temping consistently.
    As for the beeping, I know some ladies here take their temps vaginally, and that helps mask the sound of the beep.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin As @camomile-2 mentioned, temping vaginally can definitely help mask the beeping sound (although you'll also find a lot of women who have no sympathy for their husbands if it wakes them - we go through enough to make this happen!). Another benefit is that it really helps with the erratic temps - my charts used to be super rocky, and when I switched they leveled out a great deal
  • Options
    @camomile-2, @Sailing_Mama@vflux33
    Thank you for your recommendations - I will also try sharing by chart on the other thread (it is crazy looking). DH has insomnia and tends to sleep in when he's had a bad nights sleep, and I get up early to work out so I try to be mindful but I guess he may have to just deal with the beeping so I can get better reads. I wish it didn't sound so much like our alarm, lol, it's not the volume it's the tone of the beep - sounds just like when someone inputs a wrong code on the alarm :) 
  • Options
    @Redpuma119 Wow - I'm SO jealous of your garden!
  • Options
    @Redpuma119 that sounds AMAZING! I'm getting hungry just reading about your garden. GL with the potatoes.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin No worries about posting prematurely - we'll see you back here next week! :)
  • Options
    @zamora_spin No worries--GL with your O!
  • Options
    @gusgus14 that's great news! Hope you're having a great day

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked"