November 2017 Moms

Pregnant After Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery

Any Mom's on here pregnant after weight loss surgery?  I'm 11 months post op from the gastric sleeve surgery, I've lost a total of 95ibs.  Now i'm 7 weeks pregnant, no weight gain so far. Just looking for moms who are going through a similar situation, figuring there should be a few of us since the surgery increases fertility lol.  
 <3 

Re: Pregnant After Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery

• I've never had the surgery, but would love to, but I just wanted to pop in and tell you WAY TO GO on the weight loss!!!  One of my BFFs had it done years ago, so I know it's quite an adjustment.  Look at the amazing pay off though  <3
    Anniversary

TTC: 3/23/2013, BFP: 2/28/2014, EDD: 11/6/2014, ADD: 11/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC: 2/1/2016, BFP: 3/4/2017, EDD: 11/11/2017, No HB @ 8 weeks, MC: 4/8/2017
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: 5/24/2017, BFP: 4/14/2018, EDD: 12/22/2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me!! I had rny in July 2015. Lost 160...no gain so far. I'm 8 weeks. Glad to know I'm not the only one on here! 
  • Loading the player...
  • You ladies are awesome!! I lost 105 before DD#1 but have gained some back through both DDs (I didn't do weight loss surgery though). This is our last baby so after this I'm scheduling a tummy tuck as I have a lot of loose skin from loosing so much weight!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • tlq0726 said:
    I've never had the surgery, but would love to, but I just wanted to pop in and tell you WAY TO GO on the weight loss!!!  One of my BFFs had it done years ago, so I know it's quite an adjustment.  Look at the amazing pay off though  <3
    Thank you, its the best decision I've ever made, it truly is a great tool. If you ever have any questions about the process feel free to ask, i'm an open book.
     <3 
  • You ladies are awesome!! I lost 105 before DD#1 but have gained some back through both DDs (I didn't do weight loss surgery though). This is our last baby so after this I'm scheduling a tummy tuck as I have a lot of loose skin from loosing so much weight!
    Wow, that's awesome! I was never able to maintain or achieve anywhere near that amount of weight loss prior to surgery.  I have loose skin too that I will tackle after I have this little one lol. good luck on your Journey!
     <3 
  • jka427 said:
    Me!! I had rny in July 2015. Lost 160...no gain so far. I'm 8 weeks. Glad to know I'm not the only one on here! 
    Yayy, glad to have a buddy. 160 that's awesome! How has your appetite been since pregnancy? I definitely feel less restriction but I've heard that its normal and it will return after the baby.  I've been craving carbs, so I eat it in moderation. what are you doing as far as supplements? 
     <3 
  • kmnat18kmnat18 member
    edited April 2017
    Me!  I had RNY in 2013. Lost about 120lbs and have gained about 20 back in the last 4 years, mostly due to a new job schedule that threw off my whole gym 5 days a week routine.  I am still active and eat mostly well.  I have lots of anxiety about weight gain during pregnancy, I'm now 6w2d and I'm really going to try to keep it to 15-20lbs.  How have you ladies been doing?  Did they recommend a certain prenatal vitamin for you? 
  • @BrooklynMommy83 thanks! I do feel hungry every once in a while where I never did before but I actually feel more restriction because I'm so bloated lol. 

@kellinatrin they recommended I do gummy or liquid cap vitamins and they did my levels this week. I'm low in D and iron so looking to add extras for those. 
  • So my nutritionist used to share with us at wls support group that our bodies often give us para sympathetic responses to being full. I used to hiccup when I was full. Now it's the weirdest thing, but I sneeze! This happen to anyone else???
  • My nose starts to run and I get hot.
     <3