*Sunday Ticker Change* 4/2

manillabarmanillabar member
edited April 2017 in July 2017 Moms

How far along are you?

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite Easter-themed candy?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: *Sunday Ticker Change* 4/2

• How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? Grapefruit/Barbie doll

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, waiting until my spring break for my next one. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Raynaud's of the nipple. Happened while giving a swim lesson and the air was super cold, really not fun. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rant: My MIL originally told me she could watch our son every day until 2, then drop off at my parents who can watch until I get home from work. All of a sudden she's backtracking, saying we need to sit down and discuss it in detail. We already did, that's why I hadn't looked for child care. 
    Rave: Decided to set up the nursery in our dining room instead of bedroom. We barely use the dining room and it would give us so much more space for storage for the baby, so excited. 

I don't really have one, probably because I'm Jewish. Maybe Cadbury eggs?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 26 weeks... 3rd trimester is right around the corner and that is CRAY.

How big is baby? Head of kale or scallion bunch

Upcoming appointments this week? Glucose test on Tuesday. Let's get this over with.

Any new symptoms or changes? Her kicks are crazy. There have been some really fast movements that have freaked me out a little. I've read it could be the Moro reflex in utero, but definitely going to ask the NP about it this week.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Sleep seems to be lighter than ever. I'm having lots of anxiety about everything I need to try to get done before the baby comes... and about getting back into work afterwards. 

Oh, all of the chocolate. I'm not discerning. Mini-eggs are yummy, and the creme eggs are to die for... haven't had one since I was a teenager though.

@jkbrownstein Sorry your MIL is backtracking. That is some unnecessary added stress.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Loading the player...
  • @lph4248
    I vented to my own mother which was probably the wrong thing to do, but she already found me some affordable options near my job to hold me over until she can take over. 
  • How far along are you? 27 weeks!

How big is baby? A head of cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments this week? None till 5/2

Any new symptoms or changes? Heartburn has kicked it up a notch. And staying asleep is becoming more and more difficult. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope 

I used to love Cadbury Creme Eggs, but for whatever reason this year they sound yucky
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• How far along are you?
    24! Viability day for us! 

How big is baby? 
    Cantelope? 

yes, 24 week check up. I need to ask her about physical therapy or something to help with this pain 

Just. So. big. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I am getting all these random bills because my insurance covers 80% after deductible is met and I feel like insurance should be covering more for things like the anatomy scan, etc. Do people have to call and follow up etc to get an adjustment? 

I don't have one - Cadbury eggs sounds pretty gross to me, I don't like milk chocolate, I don't celebrate easter. I'm such an Easter grinch. I like reese's eggs but I can probably eat like, one a year and be cool.
  • How far along are you? 26 weeks, 14 weeks to go  :o

How big is baby? A head of kale (lol that's the best they could come up with)

Upcoming appointments this week? I have to book my GD test. Not looking forward to it. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I woke up 4 times last night to go to the bathroom, I think baby's dancing on my bladder. Also I'm finding that despite having anterior placenta, I'm now starting to feel baby kick harder and it's quite distracting at bedtime. Looks like the sleepless nights have come early. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Raves: I see sunshine today!! Sometimes I forget what that big bright blob is in the sky. I'm also picking up a bunch of like-new cloth diapers today on Craigslist this afternoon for a really good deal! Love checking stuff off 'the list'.

GTKY: What is your favourite Easter-themed candy? 
    I love Easter candy! I've indulged in a few Reece's peanut butter eggs, those things are delicious. I'm also into mini-eggs (I get them all year), and I'm looking forward to a cadbury cream egg. Gimme all the eggs!
  • Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I am getting all these random bills because my insurance covers 80% after deductible is met and I feel like insurance should be covering more for things like the anatomy scan, etc. Do people have to call and follow up etc to get an adjustment? 
    Someone on TB mentioned that she had worked for an insurance company and that you should always call in anytime you get a bill, because they frequently adjust them. So, pain in the butt to call in, but probably worth it to save some money.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • rnw2019rnw2019 member
    edited April 2017
    How far along are you? 25 weeks!

How big is baby? a prairie dog 

Upcoming appointments this week? none this week. 

Any new symptoms or changes? some sciatica, lots of swelling, and just feeling generally large. I know it's only going to get worse!

Rants/Raves/Questions? none at the moment!

we didn't celebrate Easter growing up, so I don't really like any of the normal stuff like cadbury eggs or jellybeans. Reese's eggs are good, but pregnancy has me off Reese's for some reason. 

ETA: @manillabar I didn't feel excluded! My explanation for not liking jellybeans or the little eggs has always been that I didn't have them when I was little, but maybe I just independently think they're gross haha. Also good luck on your boards! 
  • thanks @rjoys8!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @manillabar I'm Jewish and live for "Cadbury egg season," no worries ;) And good luck with your boards!!

How far along are you?
    27 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Head of lettuce (which seems smaller than previous weeks, but whatever)

Not for a couple weeks

Foot cramps are setting in at night, woof

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    We were in NYC last week and I almost killed everyone and stroked out. That place was home for 10 years and now I never want to go back again. Our outer-boro apartment goes on the market this week. Hoping for a quick and profitable sale! 
    We are in Ohio this week, and I'm off work. I already feel a million times better.

Everyone I know, knows I'm a fiend for Cadbury cream eggs! 
  • How far along are you? 25 weeks 

How big is baby? Cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments this week?next week! 

Any new symptoms or changes?no still feeling good 

Rants/Raves/Questions?nadda 

GTKY: What is your favorite Easter-themed candy? Peeps!!!!!
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks!

How big is baby? Cantaloupe. That seems huge. My parents actually had one in their fridge when I was over there this afternoon and I was just staring at it. 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Any new symptoms or changes? She's now into pushing really hard on one spot for a long time. I think she's trying to stretch her legs out or something. Super awkward. She was doing it this morning and when I pushed back I got a series of pretty hard kicks in reply... Also, I experienced hiccups yesterday for the first time. So funny! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: My husband has a man cold. The same cold I had last week but his is the worst. cold. ever.  :| Rave: He rallied from said cold this evening to put together the crib without being asked since he knew I wanted to get started on her room.

PEEPS! And starburst jellybeans. And resse's peanut butter eggs. Seasonal candies are the best. 
  • @manillabar Good luck on your boards! 
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? Mr. Burns's teddy bear (though that doesn't seem right so I'm going with cantaloupe)

Upcoming appointments this week? Weekly physical therapy. Doing GD test on Saturday

Any new symptoms or changes? Having trouble sleeping again. I wake up achy and tossing and turning.   

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope 

I used to love the bunny and chick shaped sweetarts but haven't eaten them in years. 
  • TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• edited April 2017
    How far along are you?

23 weeks

How big is baby? 

Grapefruit

Nope

I've had horrible heartburn the past few days, blech.  I haven't been eating as well as normal so I'm hoping my normal routine will get things on track... started feeling movement super high so I might just be doomed in the heartburn department!

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Got to celebrate my best friend at her bridal shower/bachelorette this weekend!  We've been best friends since kindergarten and it was wonderful to be there for her.  The bar scene is not my thing anymore though so I was ready for bed around 9 lol.

+1 for Cadbury eggs!  My favorite jelly beans are the clearish white ones and a friend one gave me a bag with only the clear ones that she had picked out for me, so sweet.  Peeps are disgusting and belong in the trash.

ETA good luck @manillabar!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @manillabar i know my answer was aa bit harsh but that's a reflection of how i feel about peeps and cadbury eggs and big milk chocolate bunnies, not feeling left out or anything! i do like jellybeans, though... 

• How far along are you? 25w1d (oops I'm late again this week)

How big is baby? a head of cauliflower

Upcoming appointments this week? Not OB, just going to the dr bc I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection

Any new symptoms or changes?  Nothing new, really.  Feeling the same, pregnancy-wise.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I need spring break to be now.  Like right now.

I'm generally not a big candy person, especially not chocolate.  I could really go for some Gertrude Hawk Caramel Smidgens right now, though.
  • @manillabar I wasn't implying I was offended or left out I promise! Like other posters said, not having grown up eating Easter treats I don't really have a favorite. 
    Good luck on your boards!
  • How far along are you?
    24 weeks (V-Day)

How big is baby? 
    I don't follow those. 

nope

itchy skin, get angry very quickly but somehow only at DH lol 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    rants: my mil keeps asking me to give her an estimate for the crib cos she wants to give us money. Sure that's sweet, but just give however much you can or want to why do I have to give a quote it's so embaressing! 
    Raves: Iv got my cupboard, DH cupboard organized and emptied out everything that we don't need anymore, made some good money selling stuff.

No American candy, ever. Blekh.  I used to like these lovely big Easter eggs with a bunch of assortments inside from marks and Spencer's. I was sort of expecting my sister to send me one but oh well.. lol
  • Thanks @jkbrownstein and @OperaSingerMommy!

And I'm glad there are no hard feelings lol. No need to apologize for feeling strongly about candy! I just wanted to make sure no one felt left out or uncomfortable :)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017