elisekelisek member
edited April 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Month/Cycle:

CD / DPO:

Timing:

Testing:

Rant / Rave:

CS / Q:

GTKY: What is your biggest traffic/other driver pet peeve?

Me: 28 | H: 29
Married: October 2014
TTC #1 March 2017
Dx: PCOS - March 2018
IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
IUI #2: May 2018

Re: TWW Saturday, 4/1

• orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited April 2017
    Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD / DPO: 35/15

Timing: -3,-1,0

Testing: I've been testing every day since I "missed" my period (12 dpo) and BFN always. Asdfghjkl; Granted, they are infamous "blue dye" walgreen tests (I wasn't paying attention; they were fairly cheap), but I'm not about to let myself go drop another $20.. yet.

Rant / Rave: I have a headache this morning. Maybe AF will just put me out of my BSC. 
    ***ETA something positive: I'm going to play around with making paper flowers today. Has anyone ever tried?

CS / Q: My chart is so bad (backstory = bronchitis>apathy>positive OPK>vacation) that FF found a new "ovulation" in my luteal phase. Don't look... but look:

I might have legit ovulated around 24, which would explain the lateness. Last month I ovulated right after the positive OPK.

GTKY: What is your biggest traffic/other drive pet peeve?

When I glance over toward an adjacent car on the highway and the driver is looking straight down at their phone.
  • Loading the player...
  • @elisek-2 I grew up in Missouri, too!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD / DPO: 22/3

Timing: -4×2, +1

Testing: not a chance

Rant / Rave: It's gonna be a soggy weekend and I had really hoped to be able to get some yard work done. 

CS / Q: nope

GTKY: Really any sort of overly aggressive driving. I think too often people forget that driving can be dangerous and they don't make safety a priority. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD / DPO: 25/11

Timing:-6,-4,-1,0

Testing: really trying to wait for Tuesday predicted arrival of AF

Rant / Rave:
    Kind of happy today should just be a relaxing weekend day, might go to farmers market , but at least no running around in circles like we have been lately 
    CS / Q:

GTKY: What is your biggest traffic/other driver pet peeve? I absolutely hate when drivers cut in your lane at the last minute, or they cut in and it's not even like they are giving you a option it's either let them infornt of you or they will hit your car. It's not like they don't know what lane they need to be in , they just want to cut in front of everyone who is waiting, or the other fun one around here is people who drive down the breakdown lane to cut around everyone who is waiting, and act like you are doing something wrong if you don't let them past you.
  • @elisek-2 I feel the same way as you, I've only been around on this board for about a month and already it feels so close-knit and supportive. This is a great place <3 

@orbmaker That chart/cycle madness must be making you crazzzyy! It's a little haywire to say the least lol Also I HATE it when drivers are looking at their phone, especially if they're driving really slow or starting to veer out of their lane... I wish i could scream at them! (Sometimes do, though they obvs dont hear me lol)

@bean1818 OOooh Farmers Market! What a great idea! I think I might do that too! Thanks for the idea!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD / DPO: 27/9

Timing: -2, -1, O, +1

Testing: probably won't be necessary

Rant / Rave: Rant: having some pretty annoying cramping this morning, making me think AF might be on her way, which is disappointing since it would mean i'd only have a 9 day LP... Oh well, only time will tell!
    Rave: Just remembered the farmer's market is open today thanks to the reminder from @bean1818! So I think I'll take DS there fore lunch and see what we can find, then maybe go grocery shopping. I know it sounds boring, but that's how I roll haha

CS / Q: not much to see

People who drive in the left lane slowly, and are completely oblivious to how they are holding up traffic. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD / DPO: 17/2

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, O

Testing: Maybe 13DPO before my trip

Rant / Rave: My dad bought a bunch of wine in anticipation of my trip to see them (my dad doesn't buy anything under like $50 so it's good wine too!)… which is the weekend that AF is supposed present herself. If I’m not KU then it’ll be a great distraction and I can drink heavily as usual but if I am then I’m not sure how I’ll handle this situation. I have like two weeks to obsess over it I guess.

We are going to see a pre-season baseball game today in a smaller ballpark and we have great seats. I’m really excited!

CS / Q: Nah

GTKY: Biggest traffic/other driver pet peeve. I have lots! Like @elisek-2, I hate when people see a big line because of a lane closer and speed past everyone cut in line right before the lane closes. I also hate when people don’t go on their turn at a stop sign. There’s this one spot coming out of my neighborhood on to a busy street that drives me insane. I’m about to look up whether there is a law that no matter how long you’ve been there, the person turning right has the right of way. It makes no sense when the person turning left would wait for the person turning right every time even if I got there 5 minutes after they did. It’s so annoying!

@elisek-2 – sorry about the problems you are having already. FX that things get regulated soon!

@orbmaker – sorry about the messed up chart and BFNs.

@morado23 – definitely feel ya on the aggressive drivers or those who think they are the only ones on the road.

@bean1818 – yay for a relaxing weekend! Enjoy it girl!

@kvacmak – my dad always told me it was a law that you can only pass in the left lane (not true at least where I live) but it so annoying when people stay in the left. 

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • @justkeepswimming8 I am in a similar situation as you, except our ILs are coming here and should be here a day or two after AF's due date! I appreciate that I'm not the only one stressing about a not-even-real-yet problem, cause DH think's I'm being ridiculous! 
  • Hello TWW ladies -- thank you for you thoughts and concern yesterday. It's been a pretty nasty 24 hours for me - see rant/DD post below if you dare to read the longest rant I've ever posted. 

@elisek-2 Sorry you your low temps but yay for your team winning! Exciting! 
    @orbmaker FX that a fancier test will give you better results :) I made paper flowers years ago to spruce up our dorm room and we had a blast and were happy with the end result. 
    @morado23 Bummer for a rainy weekend. I know you had plans, but maybe you can have a movie watching, popcorn eating, lazy weekend and embrace the crappy weather? 
    @bean1818 and @kvacmak I do love the farmers market! We always come home with beautiful produce and make smoothies to celebrate our finds :) 

Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD / DPO: 29/12

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Testing: So. If you were around yesterday you read that I was tested at the hospital and it read as negative. **TW** However, 45-50 minutes later, I set my second urine sample on the tray and clearly saw a faint light blue line on the test. I showed it to the nurse to verify that I wasn't just being BSC and he also saw it too. Now, I am well aware that tests outside of the time limit are invalid and pretty much mean nothing, but I did request another test to be on the safe side, because I just can't unsee that line. **End TW**

Rant / Rave: Sorry in advance for the suuper long, DD rant -- So after 6 hours in the ER yesterday, a CT scan and a number of blood tests, it was confirmed that I have a pretty nasty kidney infection. I was admitted and later today I'll be having minor surgery to place a stent in the kidney. (All the while, I'm on a field trip with 22 kids, 4 hours from home.... so I had to make a bunch of arrangements and I've been temporarily replaced with 3 other chaperones and had to call my principal to explain and ugh it's just been additionally stressful because I'm supposed to be responsible for these kids and I'm literally attached to a hospital bed 12 miles away). 

You guys, I've told like 15-20 doctors the whole story and backstory to my kidney issues and I'm getting so frustrated at having to repeat myself over and over. My white blood cell count and my temperature are so high and I just HATE/fear hospitals. The morning nurse made several attempts at drawing blood for cultures/pregnancy test, but she blew every vein, even though I initially requested phlebotomy because I have tiny veins and a history of needing phlebotomy to have successful blood pulls. I keep bursting into tears and I can't help it and it's just so embarrassing/frustrating/uncomfortable. OH. And because I'm having anesthesia at one, I can't have food/water and I am SO thirsty. I am so over this. 

Rave: On the bright side.... I'm glad that my pain is being managed and I really like my new urologist. My kids are being wonderful and keeping in touch, and they won a bunch of awards last night and I'm so proud of them. 

(if you made it through all of that, cheers. Just venting. Emergencies are never fun but the timing here is just so bad for a number of reasons). 

CS / Q: No. I realized that many of my high temps this week could be due to my growing infection so I'm annoyed. 

GTKY: What is your biggest traffic/other driver pet peeve? In south Florida is seems like only a quarter of drivers use their turn signals and everyone's on their damn phones. I see accidents every day and the drivers down here just suck. All the beeping, cutting people off, and unsafe habits really bother me -- I grew up in Pittsburgh with famously considerate drivers. 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
    Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

• Month/Cycle: 7/7 (4/4, 1/1 AL)

CD / DPO: 23/3

Timing: -5, -3, -1, +1

Testing: Trying to hold out to 12dpo 

Rant / Rave: Going and having lunch with my grandma and extended family for her birthday. Aggravated because my aunt (grandma's DIL) has decided that she and her husband (grandma's son), their sons, and their families will grace us with the their presence for lunch. Little bit of back story, DH and I live a little over an hour away from everyone. Grandma lives in senior housing in one town and everyone else lives in a town that's about 15 minutes away. My parents take care of everything for grandma, coordinating her care, taking her to all her appointments, they visit her every weekend. DH and I try to come and visit at least every other month, goal is to visit once a month but sometimes it doesn't happen. DH and I see grandma more often than everyone else with the exception of my parents. My aunt and uncle are pretty well off financial wise so their solution to everything is to just throw money at it. Their sons and their families pretty much ignore that grandma exists. I'm glad for grandma because I know she'll like seeing everyone but it bothers me that the rest of the family (with the exception of my parents) do nothing to help her the rest of the year.

CS / Q: Nice temp rise today, probably just because I started taking progesterone last night, but I'll go with it.

GTKY: What is your biggest traffic/other drive pet peeve?
    There's so many! Slow drivers, distracted drivers, drivers who ride my ass when I'm going 60 in a 45, drivers who drive fast cars but drive slow, drivers who are driving 30 in a 45 in the left lane, I might have a problem you guys ;)

Have to P&G for now but I'll come back to comment. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CandyApple2012 - So many hugs, girl. Take care of yourself and keep us updated on everything. I'm sure the principal and kids' parents will understand.
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @elisek-2 Just an FYI, if you O’d on CD15 and you’re currently on CD30, you would be 15DPO not 16.  O day is not included in your DPO count.

@orbmaker I don’t see a clear O pattern on your chart because your “post-O” temps are not really that much higher, if at all than many of your “pre-O” temps

@bean1818 Yay for a relaxing day!

@kvacmak I hate feeding the BSC like this but it could be implantation cramps.  Although I don’t know what your typical LP length is so it could be impending AF cramps

@CandyApple2012 Sorry for everything but it sounds like they’ve got a plan to take care of you!  Also not only are tests outside of the time limit invalid but blue dye tests are notorious for evap lines

@KariAnn323 Have fun with your grandma!  Sorry the rest of your family nearly ignores her the rest of the time but at least she’ll enjoy it!

Sorry I didn’t post yesterday, I was actually busy for the whole day at work for the first time in forever and didn’t get a chance to come back!

Month/Cycle: 10/14 (5 an-O)

CD/DPO: 16/7

Timing: -5, -2, O, +1

Testing: waiting for AF

R/R: After a dream I had last night, I decided to stay off FB today for my mental health.  I dreamed that my sister (who is 5 years older than me and had her tubes tied) posted a pregnancy announcement on FB on April Fools Day.  And I was completely confused on whether it was real or a joke but it upset me regardless

Also, debating between running today or tomorrow.  Today is pretty chilly but if I do it today, it’ll be done and out of the way so I can relax tomorrow.  Decisions, decisions

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What is your biggest traffic/other driver pet peeve? I have a lot of them, I think my biggest is when people camp out in the passing lane but aren’t really passing anyone.  

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited April 2017

@elisek-2 I live in Connecticut, and am not that invested in basketball, but I feel like there's a state-wide bum-out today.

@bean1818 Yay farmer's market!

@kvacmak I'm like, "STOP ENDANGERING OUR LIVES!!"

@CandyApple2012 Sorry you landed in the hospital! Sorry for your veins! Kidney stuff is so painful!!

@KariAnn323 It's weird how caretaking of our elders always seems to fall on one person/family.

@lulu1180 I know; it's all crazy. I had a fever for a few days right after my period, I wasn't sleeping well, and also not bothering to stay consistent. And then I stopped temping for five days right after my positive OPK when I forgot to bring my thermometer on vacation. I haven't been temping long, but last month my chart was pretty good and my coverline was 97.2.

• Hey all! I'm mobile bumping now but will be back later to tag everyone! 

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD / DPO: 25/12

Timing: -2, -1, 0, +1

Testing: waiting for AF 

Rant / Rave: Despite today's snow storm, our favorite seasonal ice cream place opened up and we went right before lunch. I don't even care how gross it is to eat ice cream that early in the day, it was so worth it. 

CS / Q: -- 

I live in Boston, a place notorious for unbelievably rude drivers so I guess not much bothers me -- EXCEPT when you're waiting in traffic for MILES to get off at an exit, and someone zooms past all the waiting cars and tries to cut everyone off right at the exit ramp. NOT ON MY WATCH, ASSHOLE. 
  • @elisek-2 Wow if you're not KU you have one hell of a LP!
    @orbmaker I have very irregular ovulation and have had so much confusion myself so don't think I can offer any insight, but FX for you!
    @bean1818 @kvacmak I am such a regular at my farmer's market that I actually feel really bad when I miss it. It isn't super crowded there because it's in the middle of the week and I feel if I don't support it it might disappear.
    @CandyApple2012 I'm actually also from Pittsburgh! (Well, several lifetimes ago.) I had no idea the burgh had famously considerate drivers? Maybe that's more recent--I have been gone so long I wouldn't know. All I know is that all my friends in Philadelphia and New York talk a lot of shit on the "Pittsburgh Left". 
    @lulu1180 I feel like I say this a lot (like yesterday on FFFC) but seriously Facebook is the gateway to stress and unhappiness IMO. Maybe the dream was an omen. I do remember in particular disliking people's April Fool's jokes on there. 
    @kmalls A bit jealous of your morning ice cream! 

Month/Cycle: Just rolled over to month 13. Ugh. Probably cycle 11
    CD / DPO: 43/7
    Timing: good 
    Testing: Ugh again. I don't know. Had a lot of BFNs over this last year so may not bother. Though I do have about 200 wondfos under the sink so then again...
    Rant / Rave: Looking forward to spending time outdoors before the rain/mudslides/"atmospheric rivers" return next weekend. Hopefully will help keep my mind off all this IF crap. 
    CS / Q:
    GTKY: This is a tough question. I think as a safety issue the texting is probably the worst. I go to LA a lot to visit family and I have actually seen women doing makeup there while driving, so that's up there. Also getting tailgated when I'm already going 5-10 over the limit really bugs me. If you're in that much of a hurry, take the highway and pass someone--don't stay on my ass for 10 minutes on an easily avoidable 1 lane road that has no turn outs. 
  • @kmalls Remember, it is never too early for ice cream!

@vflux33 Because I'm AMA I don't see nearly as many random pregnancy announcements as some people because most of my friends are around my age and most seem to be done having children.  But I took the dream as an omen that I needed to stay away from it today even though it's killing me to see that I have notifications on the app but it's just not worth taking the chance of me having a meltdown because of some inconsiderate jackass.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @justkeepswimming8 Ugh - I'd be stressing over that too :( 

@orbmaker I'd put your O date at CD24/25 if I had to guess - so you probably aren't as late as you thought and still have a chance 

@CandyApple2012 That's awful - I'm so sorry you are going through that :( It's stressful enough to be sick and in the hospital, without having to worry about all the kids you were with

@KariAnn323 Sorry that your family is being so callous with your grandma - she's lucky she has you and your parents

@lulu1180 Go for the run today! I'm sure you'll be glad you did, and might even sneak in an extra one tomorrow

Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD / DPO: 21/3

Timing: -4,-3,-2,-1,+1

Testing: going to try to hold out to 12 DPO, but we'll see how that goes... I only have two Wondfos and one FRER at home, so don't want to buy more if possible

Rant / Rave: DH has been sick all last night/this morning with an awful headache. I get migraines, so I know there is nothing I can do for him, and it's so frustrating

CS / Q: I O'd early this cycle, which means I missed my surge and was completely shocked when I had two high temps in a row. I'm glad we had great timing, but felt like I didn't have as many fertile signs, so feel like it might be a bust regardless

GTKY: What is your biggest traffic/other driver pet peeve? I walk most of the time, so it's people who block the crosswalk and force pedestrians to either go behind them (super dangerous) or into traffic (also dangerous).
  • @CandyApple2012 Man, that sounds like a very rough couple of days. I'm so sorry you had a stubborn nurse who poked you way too many times. As a nurse myself, that's so frustrating to hear. Well, the whole situation is very frustrating, it sounds like! I'm sorry your kidneys are assholes and are making life difficult. Do you have any family or friends who are able to come see you in the hospital to make it a little less awful?

@KariAnn323 That whole family dynamic sounds annoying! I hope the visit goes well none the less. 

@lulu1180 Oh don't you worry haha that thought has 100% crossed my mind, and that's exactly what happened last cycle, I went completely off the BSC deep end and peed on sticks 2x a day for a week until AF arrived. This week I'm being prepared for any outcome when I realized that once I actually pay attention to my body, my PMS symptoms are nearly identical to early-preg symptoms, so i'm going go TRY to not convince myself one way or another until the time comes for it to be a definite answer. For example, grocery shopping today I bought ice cream and chocolate, for if AF comes, but ALSO bought dealcoholized wine to trick the ILs if needed. Prepared for either outcome haha

@kmalls You eat ice cream whenever you damn well please, you are a grown ass woman! 

• @elisek-2 – sorry totally misunderstood your post apparently! LOL It’s my second month off BC as well and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly things were normal for me. I did so much research and a lot of it said that it could take months to ovulate and have a regular cycle.

@candyapple2012 – so sorry for everything you are going through! I’ll keep you in my thoughts!

@kariann323 – sorry about all your family stuff! My parents are in the same boat when it comes to both sets of my grandparents. It’s really stressful on them.

@lulu1180 – good idea staying off FB. I don’t have nearly as much willpower as you but I have been lucky enough not to have any of those stupid April Fool’s jokes on my wall this year. Usually my family will have a joke going around that one of the post-menopausal aunts would be pregnant but nothing this year.

@kmalls – oh man sorry about the snow storm in April! It was chillier here but not too bad. I wish the weather would just stay one way or the other.

@vflux33 – the tailgating stuff bothers me too! Why? I’m usually speeding too.

@sailing_mama – we were walking to a baseball game today and a car completely almost hit us when turning even though we had a walk sign. I don’t understand people.

@kvacmak – dealcoholized wine?! What a great idea to fool people. I wish I could get away with that with my dad if I need to. May have to think on that…

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019