Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Saturday 4/1

Happy April Fools Day! Figured I'd start this since I'm still awake at work  :s

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What's the best April Fools Day prank you've ever played?
TTC History
Me: 35 DH: 34
Married 07/2012
DD born 07/2014
DD2 born 10/2018
DS born 10/2022

IF history:
TTC #2 since January 2016
June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

Re: WTO Saturday 4/1

• jlemons-2jlemons-2 member
    edited April 2017
    Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD: 40

WAYDTGKU: HIO, BBT, PNV, CM

R/R: This is my first official post! Exciting.  My rant is that I was really hoping for a shorter cycle this go around but obviously that is not in the cards.  If it's going to be as long as expected, I am in WTO so I am just going with that.

CS/Q: I'm sure I will soon.

GTKY: What's the best April Fools Day prank you've ever played? I'm that boring one the doesn't play pranks.

@shortstack930, I have no idea why anyone says the relax and it will happen. If that were true, we'd all be sunshine and rainbows.

Edited for spelling.
  • Loading the player...
  • @RVAmom315  I finished breastfeeding DD in December and didn't get AF for that whole year and a half!  I was on a very regular cycle before that so this is all weird and new for me.  Oh, and I also dream of BFPs. Sigh.
  • @shortstack930, I'm glad that at least one of your coworkers was able to be supportive in the way that you needed! I hate the "just relax" speech too, ugh.

@jlemons-2, welcome to the daily threads! 

@RVAMom315, that dream would bring on the BSC for me too! I am also impressed by your restraint with the fries, those are one of the things I find almost impossible to resist if they're in front of me!

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Just relaxing, of course... ;)

R/R: DH is working overtime today, but I'm going to spend some time with my mom. I'm excited to watch Moana with her, she never gets around to seeing movies in the theater and I consider it my sacred duty as her daughter to make sure she sees all the good movies eventually!

CS/Q: Nope!

GYKY: I've never really enjoyed playing pranks, though I do enjoy some of the silly news stories and things that pop up! This morning I was laughing at the story Hampton Court Palace put up saying they found dragon eggs in the garden...
  • @jlemons-2 Ah gotcha!  I hope they return to normal soon!
    @Augusta108 Fries are a weakness of mine too so it took some superhuman restraint!  Have fun with your Mom today!
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6... month rollover :(

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: all the things starting next week 

R/R: About 8 of our family and friends will be here in a couple of hours to help DH start tearing off our old deck and preparing for the new! I'm so excited! Just wish the weather was going to be a little warmer for us.  

CS/Q: nada 

GTKY: I've never done one, at least that was memorable enough for me to remember. But some of our guy friends (some of which will be here today to help) are HUGE pranksters and are constantly torturing each other... TPing houses, wrapping cars in plastic, throwing ALL of our pool toys in our pool when we weren't home, etc..
  • @cdnrunning definitely will! DIY is our favorite! It only costs me about 2 cases of beer and some pizza to draw in the help
  • Month/Cycle: 9/6

CD: 38

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,hio

R/R: Beautiful sunny day here :)

CS/Q:nope

I took the peanut out of the top of a jar of peanut butter and put a dime there and my brother was so amazed he found a dime he was telling everyone that came over, finally I broke down and told him I put it there.
     :D 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 1 

WAYDTGKU: in toying with the idea of temping again. I get woken up multiple times a night which makes me worry about accuracy.

R/R: There's nothing like a shorter than usual LP to give you surprise CD 1 on April fools. 

CS/Q:

i haven't played a prank in a long time. My. Robbers and I used to play pranks on our parents like Satan wrapping the toilet or short-sheeting their bed. 
  • @k&elizabeth @50Wife Sorry for CD 1.  Have all the wine 
    @JJMNO1616 Have fun furniture shopping!
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @WillRunForWine21 Are you drinking green tea in bags? Those can sometimes be bitter. I get loose tea and use a tea ball.  You can find some amazing flavors.. pomegranate green, amaretto green, ginger green, etc. if you are using bags, make sure not to leave the bag in the water more than a few minutes. I use stevia drops that I get at Whole Foods to sweeten mine.

M/C: 17/6 ttcal (ugh- the month rollovers sucks)

CD: 12

WAYDTGYU: hio, bbt, pnv, cm/cp, OPKs, limiting caffeine and alcohol 

R/R: this is our last cycle before we set up an apt with an RE. 

GTKY:  I usually pull pranks on my family year round so I tend to sit out this day. My DSD wants to color on H as a joke so I told H he has to pretend to take a nap and try not to laugh as she draws on him
  • @JJMNO1616 I haven't yet, I hope was reallllly hoping it was just a quick adjustment period (haha), but if this current cycle surpasses 60, I will call I think.

@WillRunForWine21 What does green tea do to promote pregnancy, if I may ask? 

@camomile-2 Thanks, I actually intro'ed a couple weeks back but was still lurking a bit before jumping in. 
  • @purplg8r I have hnestly seen a huge increase in CM with green tea and am all on as far as the benefits (though I tend to have a tough time hydrating in general between cardio and just not enjoying water, so it could just be that I'm actually drinking which is why). At the moment I typically throw in some lemon and honey after reading about the flavored bags having things like soy lechitin. But thank you @Redpuma119. I should switch to a ball so all flavors are put in there naturally. I also currently have a pitcher in the fridge. Hoping some iced green tea will help as well. I also just think at 10 months in I'm just frustrated and taking g it out on the green tea.
    Me: 32, DH: 31
    Together: 11/2008, married: 3/2014
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    DH SA: 11/16: low count and low motility
    DH SA: 12/16: borderline low, count and motility
    1/20/17: BFP, 1/24/17: CP
    5/17:low AMH (0.89)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)
    8/17: third IUI, 5.0 letrozole, 

• @purplg8r I'm fairly certain there's just one type of Mabis, so if it's not displaying your last temp I would definitely return it. Not sure where you purchased it, but Amazon has a pretty decent return policy depending on the product.

I used Saucony's for years but eventually switched to runners that provided a slightly wider toe box. I used to get blisters on long runs and now I hardly ever get them at all.

@WillRunForWine21 I'm going to head out later this afternoon/evening to Luke's Locker to try on a few pairs. It'll likely be a toss up between the Altra's and the Hoka's but I'll see what else they might have. I also need a new pair of shoes for crossfit. Not sure I want to drop that much money in one outing lol
  • @purplg8r  have you tried holding down the on-button for a few secs? I have a generation guard thermometer, and that also shows 97.7 when I turn it on with just a click. But if I hold the button for a few secs, the last recorded temp appears. Could be worth a try if you haven't already.
  • @camomile-2 There is a street in town that has tons of different home stores all in a row. So we will probably hit up most of them. I think there is a West Elm, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Reseration Hardware, and an Arhaus. I'm kind of all over the place with the style decore that I like which will be kind of tricky. On one hand I want the house to feel cozy and moden but I'm also a "glitz and glam" type of person so I have a hard time honing in on what I want the house to really look like. 
  • @JJMNO1616ooh, that sounds excellent. I love Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn, although they are so expensive. Have fun, I hope you find cool things and/or inspiration
  • @WillRunForWine21 Love the principal prank!
    @camomile-2 Yay for sexy time :blush:
    @purplg8r That prank on your students was awesome
    @KatieEl Sorry your little one is still sick, but enjoy your relaxation time!
    @wabash15 So excited for you! 
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @WillRunForWine21 I hate water and don't drink much during the day--at all. I might need to try this. 

@Redpuma119 I'm not a tea person at all. So what is this ball thing?

@cdnrunning I bought from Amazon but this is the second one I got from them. The first one (8 months ago) didn't work at all so I contacted them & they shipped me a new one. I wonder if they'd be suspicious if I contacted about this one. 

@camomile-2 yes!! That worked!!! Thank you!!
  • @purplg8r They are infusers. You can get regular balls or they make them in different styles,like animals,and they hang on your glass.  Any grocer should have them. Google them!
    I buy loose teas and pack them in the ball and put them in the hot water.  We have tea houses where I live and you can buy tea in seriously any flavor. I don't mind the bags that we get sometimes, but it's just like coffee- you get what you pay for. A really good green tea is delicious just plain.
  • @purplg8r I really don't think anyone would blink an eye at the return. It's not like it's a 70 inch tv :)

So I ended up with two pairs of runners: Brook Pure Flow and Nike Lunar Epic. I'll give them a whirl tomorrow night if the rain subsides.
  • Sorry to P&G earlier, ladies! It was a busy night at work yesterday and I ended up sleeping till almost 3pm and then had to be back at work by 6:30pm. I'm on mobile so I can't tag everyone but I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• camomile-2  I don't mind sharing at all! I live in Indiana and sometime around the 1830's they started calling Indiana natives "Hooshers." No one truly knows where the word came from or the meaning behind it... at least that I have ever heard. Also, I attended Indiana University and our mascot/nickname is the Indiana Hoosiers. 
  • @hoosiermama1 Thanks for sharing that, that is so interesting. I got so interested in this that I went on Wikipedia to look it up - and look what it said:  "On January 12, 2017, the Federal Government officially changed the nickname of people from the state of Indiana from "Indianans" to "Hoosiers", making Indiana the first state to not have a version of their state name in their nickname ("Illinoisans", "Texans", etc.). Very cool!