Baby Names
Options

Solomon MN Poll

mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
edited April 2017 in Baby Names
DH and I have decided on the name Solomon for our son. We have two MN choices, both family names, and we are completely stuck on which one we prefer. Michael is my father's MN, and we like the flow of the name a lot. Tyler is DH's MN and passing it on would fulfill a family tradition on his side. We don't like the flow of Solomon Tyler as much, buy DH feels a little sad about not carrying on a family tradition. LN is one syllable, similar to Stout.

Solomon MN Poll 51 votes

Solomon Michael
35% 18 votes
Solomon Tyler
64% 33 votes

Re: Solomon MN Poll

• Options
    leighry said:
    I agree Solomon Michael flows better but for the significance to your husband alone I would go with Solomon Tyler.
    Same

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tradition trumps flow for me! How often will he actually use his mn in everyday life? I think Tyler :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    leighry said:
    I agree Solomon Michael flows better but for the significance to your husband alone I would go with Solomon Tyler.
    Same
    Me three 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I really like the flow of Solomon Tyler. It would have been my pick even without reading the post.
  • Options
    I actually think Solomon Tyler flows better. Something about the m in Solomon and Michael doesn't sound as nice to me. I also agree if it means that much to your H to go with Tyler.
        I agree. Solomon Michael is awkward at the break between the names. Solomon Tyler is a clean break between the names, completely different sounds. This is a big deal for me, but maybe not for you guys.