Baby Names

Baby girl#2

Hello everyone!
I haven't posted at all through this pregnancy but am looking for thoughts on baby girl#2s name. My husband and I were discussing Ellison tonight... Anyone have any thoughts on this name? 

Re: Baby girl#2

• I have never heard it but I feel like she would always get mistaken for Alison
  • Not feeling it. Son names are overdone, and it will be confused with the OG, Alison. 

• Loading the player...
  • Not a fan. I agree about too many son names. Allison is fine. Emerson and all of those are nms. My friend's daughter is Ellis, and I kind of like that. Wouldn't be my first choice, but it's grown on me.
  • I like it!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• FakeFinnFakeFinn member
    edited April 2017
    My thoughts on Ellison are that it'll always be misspelled and mistaken for Allison. If you like the name Allison, I'd spell it like that. You could also go with Ellis or Alice (my favourite option).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know an Ellison from my parents' generation, so it doesn't sound like a misspelling of Allison or a made up name to me. It's not my style, but it's never been an issue for her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • It just has so many negative things for me, son ending, potentially yet ANOTHER name for the nn Ellie, masculine sounding and sounds lioe Allison

• Thanks for all your input!
  • joforyogajoforyoga member
    edited April 2017
    Yah it's not awful or anything but kind of made up sounding or trendy sounding plus if the nn would be Elli I'd say there are more than enough of those. I think Allison is a beautiful name but if you were looking for something trwndynor different I don't know if it fits the bill?
  • I'm not a fan of any girl name that ends in "son", esp. this one as it will just get confused with Allison.