July 2017 Moms

Exercise and Fitness Check-in 3/31

Sorry I'm a little late ladies it's been a busy Friday!!

1: How far along are you?  

2: How was your last week? 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?

6: GTKY: What is a favorite cookbook or website/blog you love to use for inspiration? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise and Fitness Check-in 3/31

• JAM85JAM85 member
    1: How far along are you?  26w3d

2: How was your last week? pretty good got 5 days in. Had some weird viral something and couldn't work out Tuesday as planned and we have a two day wedding show this weekend for the business so can't then but lots of standing. 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  same old hoping for 6 days next week 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 
    I finally found a massage place that has pillows to prop me up so I can lay on my stomach and specializes in prenatal medical massage and I am so excited to go especially since it's the day after the dreaded GD test. 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? just going to say still generally disgruntled about my weight gain and my appetitie is crap I'm never hungry or want to eat anything but I do make sure to hit protein. It's like my body has some number in mind it wants to reach and could care less about anything I'm doing. 

6: GTKY: What is a favorite cookbook or website/blog you love to use for inspiration? 

So being a chef I don't use too many cookbooks especially on a day to day basis but I always love the Joy of Cooking for more classic culinary cooking and back to basics recipes. Well French cooking basics I guess. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1: How far along are you?  22 w 6 d

2: How was your last week? Good!  Did a couple very long walks that definitely pushed my limits.  I feel a little sad, because I used to be able to run that distance with the same amount of effort.  Oh well - respecting the changes in my body.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  More walking. I want to add in some stretching too.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I've been craving barbecue, so hopefully we can do a dinner out soon.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? It's been hard to balance being hungry all.the.time with trying to eat well - some days my fruit and veggie snacks just don't cut it.  Maybe increasing the amount of protein I eat will help.

6: GTKY: What is a favorite cookbook or website/blog you love to use for inspiration? I have a few a Mark Bittman's giant cookbooks, which I use a lot: How to Cook Everything, How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, and the Best Recipes in the World.  They have a good range of easy/quick and difficult/elaborate.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey, I don't normally post on here, I'm a bit of a lurker but I need some inspiration/motivation! 

1: How far along are you?  
    26 weeks today.

2: How was your last week? 
    Terrible - the last couple of weeks have been rough, with my cervix shortening and funnelling and scan picking up an irregular fetal heartbeat. The stress has meant I've barely been sleeping and just struggling to get through the day with no energy for exercise. Now I'm past viability none of the doctors seem worried about my cervix but I'm really stressed that I'll make it worse with exercise! 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  
    Walk every day, pregnancy yoga and do a couple of light workouts that won't pressure my cervix. 
    I know that exercise will make me feel better/stress less/sleep better - I need to get out of this viscous cycle and back into a healthy one! 

I'm going on holiday for a few days so there will be plenty of treats! :)

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Has anyone got any suggestions for easy cervix exercises?

My partner is the main cook in the house. I'm loving Asian food at the moment - Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese.
  • @Nellin If you attend a gym or see a trainer, they might have some good exercises for you. 

1: How far along are you?  24w6d

2: How was your last week? Busy, but not full of exercise. We had Parent teacher conferences wed and DH had a drs appt in the city Fri, and both are my normal workout days.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  it looks like I'll only get in 1 day with my trainer. I hope I can figure something else out this week.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? we are probably going to see beauty and the Beast this week, yay.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? I tried cooking dinner, but threw the whole thing up again. It seems like I can't eat anything I cook. Idk if it's psychological or real, but puking sucks.

6: GTKY: What is a favorite cookbook or website/blog you love to use for inspiration my trainer gave me a recipe file that she found when I did one of her programs, and it's pretty good. I also like homechef