August 2017 Moms

STM+ 3/31

Goodbye March, hello April!!! 

How many other children do you have? 

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Any appointments this week? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: what is your favorite dessert?

Re: STM+ 3/31

• How many other children do you have? 1, 2.5 ur old DD

How far along are you? 22 + 1

Hip pain has started when sleeping and the Snoogle helps a ton!  I don't remember having hip pain this early last time. 

Any appointments this week? Nope

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    DD and I travel to my family on Sunday for the entire week. I'm not looking forward to the drive (10 hrs) but am very excited to see my family and leave responsibilities here behind. 

I just had an amazing Creme Brûlée Cheesecake on Monday. OMG, it was so good!  Those are my two favorites separately so together was just awesome!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How many other children do you have? 
    DS
    How far along are you?
    20+6

My morning sickness is lasting longer.  I also have to pee regularly in the middle of the night which I don't remember with DS.  I have a long torso so there was always enough room for him and a full bladder.

Nope

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    DH had his review yesterday and brought up paternity leave.  It looks like he will get 3 weeks off plus a half day every week for as long as he needs.

I love the simplicity of an ice cream sandwich, it is never disappointing.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Goodbye March, hello April!!! 

How many other children do you have? 1 DS, 21 months

How far along are you? 21 weeks today

Lots of movement,  diarrhea,  an no appetite. Feeling pretty good, though 

Any appointments this week? Nope

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm just in a funk. I'm annoyed because we're having gorgeous weather,  but the pollen is out of control 

GTKY: what is your favorite dessert? My mama's chocolate peanut butter bars. Mmmmm
  • How many other children do you have? 1DS is 2

How far along are you?
    21+2

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Heartburn, fatigue, getting winded easier, so much pee.  More tired and heartburn is starting early.  

Any appointments this week? No

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: what is your favorite dessert? Ice cream.  DH brought me home a surprise pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia.  Yum!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @shyviolet that's great DH gets 3 weeks plus!  I'm glad to see businesses finally giving dads paternity leave. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• LSP87LSP87 member
    How many other children do you have? 1 DS

How far along are you? 20 +3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Pelvic and pubic bone pain and soreness, sciatic nerve pain causing my legs to buckle, still throwing up. It wasn't this bad this early last time, but I'm dealing.

Any appointments this week? Not until the end of April. Need another scan because baby girl wasn't in the mood to unfurl and show her spine.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I want a cold turkey sandwich and ALL THE SUSHI!!!!!!

GTKY: what is your favorite dessert? Cold white cake. Someone mentioned a pepperidge farm coconut cake a few weeks ago and that's ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT. Picking some up this weekend to eat by myself and not share with anyone.
  • How many other children do you have? 2

How far along are you? 19 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Heartburn which is totally new. Headaches and insomnia which are not new, but insomnia is improving (which is new)

Any appointments this week? Anatomy scan next Tuesday

Rant/Rave/Questions? N/A

GTKY: what is your favorite dessert? This is a hard one because I LOVE dessert. I'd probably say lemon meringue pie (preferably my grandma's)
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• How many other children do you have? 2 yr old DD

How far along are you? 21 weeks today 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Now that the sickness is over I am a lot more hungry with this little guy then with my daughter. Hip pain while I sleep has kicked in. Can't remember when that happened last time. 

Any appointments this week? Had my a/s on Monday. Nothing till mid/late April now. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: what is your favorite dessert? Creme brûlée when I'm at a restaurant. At home I love brownies. 
  • @OTmom3 yay for that little girl letting you sleep a bit more. I had heartburn bad in my 1st tri this time and Zantac was a must. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Goodbye March, hello April!!! 

How many other children do you have? 
    1, DS will be two in May

How far along are you?
    20w6d

Hip pain,  round ligament pain. I didn't have either with my first.  

Anatomy scan is Monday!!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    DH has been away on a business trip all week, which has sucked.  Thank God for my mom, who came to stay with me for a little while!  DS has boycotted naps, and developed a little cold so he was up whining all night so I got no sleep.  Momma was my hero today for letting me relax and rest.  

Anything peanut butter and chocolate.

Pregnancy Ticker

• How many other children do you have? A one year old DS.

How far along are you?
    Unsure, 19 weekish, I've got a few dates so we will know at the AS.

This pregnanct has been so easy compaired to the last one. Spring allergies are hitting though and thats not fun. 

YES!! We have out AS on Tuesday so we will finally get to figure out what we are having and make sure this little one is healthy! 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Random but this is a second time mom thread, so why is the first question how many other childern do you have, shouldn't it be 1 for everyone? Just curious. 
    Rave, I'm so excited for next week, we get to find out the babies gender then we are taking a trip to SLC to visit friends and go to a Neil Diamond concert! 

Oh goodness where to start! Really don't think I could pick, i love everything sugar! I've been on a chocolate cream pie kick =)

@SouthernMama15 I'm with you, the weather is so nice but it has my allergies out of control, I'm over it. 

@kristenk727 I'm sorry you DH has been out of town. It makes things hard. My DH has been gone during the weeks for work for a few months now so I totally get it! 
  • @kodariah this is a STM+ thread. The "+" means second time or more. Neil Diamond is coming to our city at the end of May and DH's Christmas present from me were the tickets for us to go. Enjoy!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How many other children do you have? 3 -  DS (10), DS2 (5), DD (18mos)

How far along are you? 17 + 5

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Waking up 3-4 times a night to pee already, lower back pain, still some m/s. 

Any appointments this week? Nope. My anatomy scan is scheduled for 4/21, but I have to call & reschedule since DD has an MRI the same day (checking for a tethered spinal cord). 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm glad our board has picked up some momentum the past couple days! 

GTKY: What is your favorite dessert? Cheesecake. All the cheesecake. Chocolate cheesecake. Lemon Raspberry cheesecake. Oreo cheesecake. Mmm Red Velvet Cheesecake ... I'll take the entire dessert menu from Cheesecake Factory, please! 

2 boys - 8 and 4.5.

How far along are you?
    18+6

The insomnia and constipation are frustrating, but other than that, I feel pretty good.  I don't remember having constipation issues at this point with my others, but I probably did.  I definitely had insomnia throughout my other pregnancies.

Anatomy scan on Tuesday.  I'm nervous, anxious, excited, etc.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I've been feeling flutters for a while, but I finally started feeling little thumps.  I love it even when it happens in the middle of the night and I'm trying to fall back asleep.

I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter especially if it's warm.  I have a major sweet tooth.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @bumpybump DH works for a city so he is covered under FMLA, it is more a matter of how supportive his boss is.  At the last county he worked at his boss would brag how his wife only took 2 weeks of maternity leave for each of their kids.  Needless to say human resources had to get involved a few times for maternity/paternity issues.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    1- DD just turned a year this week.. don't know where that time went!

How far along are you?
    19+2 and just found out we're team BLUE! :)

Still exhausted! Insomnia, thirsty, constantly peeing, and unable to eat any sort of large meals. This baby seems to be less active this time around than DD but it's still early days.. he's already measuring significantly larger than our first so I'm sure that will quickly change.

Yes, just a normal prenatal visit

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I live overseas now and it hasn't been the easiest adjustment. While I was shopping for DD's birthday I went to a toy store that my SO used to go to when he was little. The lady who owns it now is the daughter of the couple that owned it 25 years ago.. they keep client files (handwritten) of purchases and will recommend things based off of that and she still had his file! It was really amazing to see one get started for our daughter. I feel like you rarely see that type of personal touch anymore and it was just a moment gratitude that we are raising our children here. I know that wouldn't happen where I'm from and I think it's cool that my kids will be able to go back and see that sort of thing.

Warm Apple pie with vanilla ice cream!