July 2017 Moms

OU Thursday

Re: OU Thursday

• Lovey-dovey couples on FB irritate me to no end. You don't need to tag them in every "I love my spouse" picture you see, you do not have to write on their timeline when we all know you are sitting next to them. Who are they trying to convince?
    This.  Plus nothing irritates me more then posting about your SO when your SO isn't on Facebook. It looks bragy and that you need validation.  
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Loading the player...
  • @SquirttheTurtle I read you post incorrectly and thought said "that you need violation" and not "validation."
  • Another UO: I hate most fast food chains. It's really not even food, just over-processed crap. It also doesn't go bad. Seriously.....there is a healthy smoothy place I go to that has a McDonalds burger and fries from six years ago on display. It looks like it was bought today. No thank you. The last time I had McDonald's, I got horrible food poisoning. I was sick for days. My coworker said it was because I wasn't acclimated to fast food. I don't think I should have to adjust my body to food.

This is not to say I'm perfect in any way. I have a sweet tooth for sure and no will power around sweets. We all have our "things." 
  • CPR79 said:
    @hyperangel_8509 I have a theory that the more lovey-dovey a couple is on Facebook, the less stable their relationship.  DH has a friend who constantly posts about how much he loves his wife, etc, but I know that they have been on the verge of divorce several times recently.  Just like you said, who are they trying to convince?
    It's so true, @CPR79 - I know two couples for sure that are the extreme on the FB lovey-dovey. One couple being my SIL and BIL....and they just split up after 10 years of marriage. The other is another couple that are engaged right now but have called off the engagement more than 5 times in the last year (and have had cheating scandals aired out on FB!). 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • @maybeitsmadeline I have acrylic nails, and it's a CONSTANT fight with them to leave my nails as short as possible. I started just cutting them myself, because they also don't seem to understand the NORMAL shape that I want. Now they complain they are too short to work on, or pester me to just do gel. Nope, a fill is cheaper, my nails are stronger, and normal polish lasts the 2-3 weeks. GTFO!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish I love McDonalds. What kind of sandwich is that? It looks like a mcgriddle, but with chicken?

This is probably very unpopular, but I really dislike maternity dresses. My stomach feels so exposed without the extra support layer of the high waistband. 
  • +1 for my undying love of Micky Don's (as I affectionately call him). 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @hyperangel_8509 I don't get it either! The only person that needs to know how I feel about my husband is my husband. Just because I don't post about all the things he does for me and what he means to me on social media doesn't mean we don't have a good relationship. I sometimes feel like commenting "no one else cares" But I just say it in my head with a major eye roll. 
  • @ljd2010 Yessss, its the new chicken McGriddle!! I'm not typically a fan of their nuggets/patties, but its pretty awesome. This was my first!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @julybaby17-2 yes yes and yes. 
  • @maybeitsmadeline I have acrylic nails, and it's a CONSTANT fight with them to leave my nails as short as possible. I started just cutting them myself, because they also don't seem to understand the NORMAL shape that I want. Now they complain they are too short to work on, or pester me to just do gel. Nope, a fill is cheaper, my nails are stronger, and normal polish lasts the 2-3 weeks. GTFO!
    I don't get it.  They're YOUR (general your) nails!  I should be able to have short acrylics if I want!  I'm sure paying enough for them. :angry:

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @GlitterFish I love mcgriddles. I haven't had one in several years. That one in particular sounds yummy!! The next time I get a hankering for a breakfast sandwich I'll have to get one. 
  • Lovey-dovey couples on FB irritate me to no end. You don't need to tag them in every "I love my spouse" picture you see, you do not have to write on their timeline when we all know you are sitting next to them. Who are they trying to convince?
    Yes!!! This is my brother in law and his wife. Omg. We get it, you love each other. I love DH too, but I don't tag him in every lovey post. 

They also use the bathroom together.

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • UO: I don't think anyone should be allowed to take off their shoes on airplanes.  Sorry, I don't care how long your flight is or how comfortable you want to be.  Feet are gross and we can all smell you, put those away.

Re: stroller storage- I highly recommend getting the Mommy Hook so you can clip your diaper bag/shopping bags to the handle.
    My favorite is when they go in the lavatory with bare feet or just socks.  There is urine all over that floor dude!
    Add people who say their kid is the cutest. Like every mom thinks her kid is the cutest. Hashtags like #mysonscuterthanyours or #imintrouble make me eye roll so hard. 
  • On an airplane related note I don't think people should ever thinks it's okay to hand a flight attendant your child's dirty diapers.  Especially while they are serving food.  There is a lavatory, with a garbage can that seals shut, put your own diapers in there, yo.
  • @Itsnotyourturn have you witnessed someone do that!?! That's seriously effed up and so rude. 

Re the nails (I can't remember who wrote it first and it's on the other page)...I dislike really long nails and the story about the sh*t under the nail has me gagging. Sooo gross.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Add people who say their kid is the cutest. Like every mom thinks her kid is the cutest. Hashtags like #mysonscuterthanyours or #imintrouble make me eye roll so hard. 

Or how their kid is so amazing and they don't know anyone else who has a kid with the heart, mind, etc... that their child has. You aren't the only one with a great kid. Underhanded comments/posts like that annoy me. I have a friend who constantly does this and seriously want to tell her how Her posts come across to a lot of our friends. Not everyone brags about their kids online 
  • @Itsnotyourturn have you witnessed someone do that!?! That's seriously effed up and so rude. 

Re the nails (I can't remember who wrote it first and it's on the other page)...I dislike really long nails and the story about the sh*t under the nail has me gagging. Sooo gross.

I have seen it, many times.  The look of indignation on the parents face is universal.  Like they seriously can't understand why someone wouldn't want to take a dirty diaper while serving food.  
  • ^thats so rude and disgusting.
  • On an airplane related note I don't think people should ever thinks it's okay to hand a flight attendant your child's dirty diapers.  Especially while they are serving food.  There is a lavatory, with a garbage can that seals shut, put your own diapers in there, yo.

***stuck in box***

Something similar just happened to me on a plane.  I was seated next to a mom and her young son.  Before I boarded, she had changed his diaper but instead of getting up to use the lavatory to dispose of it, she had it laying on the floor; not in a diaper bag or any kind of bag.  The whole flight I was sick to my stomach because it smelled like poopy diaper. Before we deplaned, she had put it in the back of the seat!   When we got home at nearly 1am, I had to shower because I was so skived out!    

• @SquirttheTurtle, oh see, I would not have been able to keep quiet.  
  • @SquirttheTurtle I would have been making a stink about that!!! Pun intended. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Itsnotyourturn @irishrose54 Trust me, I would have but it was a full flight and there was no where else to go and I really didn't want other passengers to have to sit by her, effectively taking one for the team.  Plus, she slept the whole flight and her kid kicked the back of my dad's seat for 2.5 hours.  It was the worst flight I've ever been on. 

• @SquirttheTurtle, you sweet, sweet, extra kind and sweet human being.

Yes!!! This is my brother in law and his wife. Omg. We get it, you love each other. I love DH too, but I don't tag him in every lovey post. 

Wut?
    Yup, everytime 1 of them goes in the bathroom to use it, the other goes in with. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • edited March 2017

Lovey-dovey couples on FB irritate me to no end. You don't need to tag them in every "I love my spouse" picture you see, you do not have to write on their timeline when we all know you are sitting next to them. Who are they trying to convince?

Wut?
    Yup, everytime 1 of them goes in the bathroom to use it, the other goes in with. 
    What!?! Okay there has to be something really wrong there. That's just weird. 

It's not the same but this just came to mind after reading that. DH had a friend who's girlfriend never talked to anyone. If you spoke to her she only answered in yes or no and it would be directed at him never towards anyone speaking to her. If she wanted anything to eat or needed to use the bathroom she would whisper in his ear or text him. They would have a complete conversation through text while we were all together. It's like she didn't want anyone to hear her voice. It was really awkward. Anyway, just a random memory that came to mind. 
    Or when they post pics of flowers, gifts etc. that their SO got them, bragging about it as if we all care. It just irks me. Is nothing private anymore? My Mom posted the Vday flowers my Dad got her saying "Thank you sweetheart" and she didn't even tag him in it! Ugh. The worst part is that my DH, sis and I know if he didn't get her anything she would have been sure to bitch about it to him so it's not like it's even special. 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • I hate when people use FB as a personal journal or to push their personal agenda, you end up on my unfollow list really quick that way! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I hate when people use FB as a personal journal or to push their personal agenda, you end up on my unfollow list really quick that way! 
    Huh? What is one's personal page on social media for, then?!
  • @StacyH0507 yes. Or people who try to argue with you or push their agenda when you happen to post something on your OWN wall. Please go elsewhere with that nonsense. For some reason, it's always that random person you're not close with (classmate from 3rd grade, former coworker, etc.). 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I just don't think it's a place to air your dirty laundry but that's my own opinion. The pushing your agenda is more along the lines of what @lanie1000 said when you post something and someone comments an example is I posted something about my child eating chicken and a FB friend who is vegan comments with a link to a page saying how awful it is (yes something like this has happened haha). 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• My UO: I can't stand all of these people that join MLM businesses and then post the most irritating, cheesy crap about how amazing it is and how it's changed their life and they want to change your life now, day after day after day on social media. 
    Mommy of 3 little ones, 6 losses Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @lanie1000 this is a huge pet peeve.
    I post pictures of my family, adventures, and friends... nothing. I post about the good times and the bad times....nothing. I post an opinion and SUDDENLY dirtbag from highschool who hasnt talked to me in years (but I friended to be nice) gives me a fricken lecture about how my OPINION is wrong and I am stupid. Couldn't take the time to give a shit before but now you think you have the right to say something? NOPE buh bye.
  • @ladybray  It got so much worse with this election cycle.  It's what eventually drove me off Facebook altogether.