August 2017 Moms

Funny stuff your kid has said...

...about your pregnancy.

My kids are 8 and 5 and have some pretty funny things to say about this pregnancy! 

If you have kids (or nieces and nephews, or kids of your friends) who have said something funny, I wanna hear it!

Re: Funny stuff your kid has said...

• After finding out we were having a boy, my daughter (5) said, "I don't want a baby brother!"

To which my son (8) replied, "Tenley! You know God can change that, right? Like, if it's sticking out, He can just flatten it and make it a boy!" 

:D 
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter is two and constantly coming up with cute stuff, but nothing really baby related since she doesn't quite "get it." However we tell her, "mommy has your baby sister in her belly and we get to meet her this summer!" And she usually points and my tummy occasionally during the day and says, "baby in there????"

It melts my heart even if she doesn't quite understand. I have such an awesome close relationship with my sister's and I'm so excited my daughter will have a sister.
  • DS is 4 and every morning when he wakes up he asks me when his baby brother is coming. A few of the other things he's said:

1. is the baby coming out of your mouth
    2. how much bigger is your belly going to get
    3. can I see the baby through your belly button
    4. can the baby come out through your belly button
    5. can I go back in your belly and play with my baby brother

He always has a new random question!!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• So I dont have kids (FTM) but I was on a day care tour yesterday, and 3 kids all pointed at my belly and said baby!  It was the sweetest thing. Apparently all those kids had just become big brothers/sisters, and so it really stuck out to them. I am looking forward to it getting warm enough out that I dont have to wear a coat, so more people, but really the kids can see the belly, I love their sweet innocent comments! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • My niece is 6, and my sister still had a bunch of her baby clothes so she is sending them to me. My niece decided she doesn't want me to have her old clothes, because she likes them and wants to wear them.

We tried explaining they were too small for her, her response:
    'I go to the gym to get small like daddy, but not like mommy, mommy only goes to spa.' Don't think she knows what spa is but, I had to try real hard not to laugh. 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Tonight DS comes up behind me and gives me a huge hug. He says, "I love you, mommy." I said, "I love you too,  buddy!" Then he says, "and I love your belly and your neck!".  
  • kodariahkodariah member
    edited March 2017
    My little one isn't talking yet, but I babysit my 3 year old niece a lot. The other day we had quite the conversation. 
    Ky: aunt koda you have a baby in your belly
    Me: i do
    Ky: what kind of baby is in your belly?
    Me: we don't know yet ky we find out next week, what do you think it is?
    Ky: i think it has a vagina.
    My jaw dropped and i didn't even know what to say. 
  • We're Team Green again, but my 4.5 year old insists that we're having a boy.  He gets mad if anyone suggests that it might be a girl.  Since we already have 2 boys, we get a lot of comments about how maybe we'll have a girl this time.  When I asked him why he thinks the baby is a boy, he said he saw the pictures of the baby (sono) and it didn't have hair or a ponytail so it has to be a boy.  It was a perfectly logical explanation.  He cracks me up.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers