October 2017 Moms

Nurseries

Ok, I'm biting the bullet and starting this thread, because I've been lurking on all the other BMBs' nursery threads and am obsessed with this topic.  So tell me, what are your ideas? Have you started decorating? The more pictures, the better!
October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
Pregnancy Ticker
SaveSave

Re: Nurseries

• Loading the player...
  • soprano19soprano19 member
    edited March 2017
    I love nurseries like this, for either a boy or a girl.

ETA my school internet doesn't want to let my pic post. I'll post it later.
  • @beezeemarie love DD's inspiration room, i have the crib version of those beds. love that style. i am so bored i sort of want to redo the nursery even if it is a girl. but H will kill me haha. so i figure ill leave it and redo it in a few years to a big girl room for #3.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • @sjohns08 these mountain murals are sooo cool. I've seen a few while lurking on the other BMB nursery threads.

@BumpAdmin can we pin this thread, please!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • @keriflores omg the co-sleeper was a lifesaver with my last baby. The first two, we had a Moses basket next to our bed, which was fine, but the arms reach co-sleeper was a game changer. 

That being said, all of our kids have slept in our room for quite a while, so that's kind of what's holding me back on being definitive on moving my youngest out of her room and in with the oldest. We would *like* to move next summer, at which time, LO will be 8-10 months old and probably still in our room. I don't want to put a ton of work into a nursery and moving DD2'S room if there's no reason for it. #fourthkidproblems
  • @bluejeanbabi05 hahaha DH has been wanting to buy a giant stuffed giraffe for DD for the longest time. And fitting name ;)

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is this a good thread to pin?

eta: because I'm excited about it and don't want it buried!  :D
    I say once it gets buried or gets too long people should be okay with starting a new one (I kinda wanna for the "Ask STM question" thread)
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sjohns08 I love it, including the animals  :)
  • Can someone please explain to me while most of the nursery inspiration pics I have found include teepees? Why does a baby need a teepee? And I am the only one who finds it culturally inappropriate (for most babies...if your baby descends from a teepee dwelling tribe, then I'm all for it)? 

P.S. I've noticed it's more than just nurseries... bibs, onesies, diaper designs, etc. Teepees and arrows everywhere. I'd mind a lot less if a portion of the profits from these items went to supporting Native American causes, but I haven't run across any companies doing that yet. 

P.P.S. Sorry for the slightly off-topic rant :smiley:
  • The room that will be the baby's room is an awesome shade of blue that we both really love.  We plan to move next summer to a bigger house once DH settles down job wise.  (Ah, the life of a contractor)

We will leave the room blue regardless of boy or girl and decorate it a little, but since we won't be here for long it will be minimal.  

Anyone have some good ideas for decoration things that are easy to transfer to a new house?  I love crafts!
  • @jessafishy True about the arrows. On their own they don't bother me, but I often see them packaged with teepee designs. like this: https://a.co/gExWcBN or this: https://a.co/2MJqH3x

Also, I love the draped area on your inspiration photo - I think it makes a beautiful play area or fort, without the cultural appropriation. 
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    @blujeanbaby29 We have the giant Melissa and Doug giraffe too! DD asked her grandparents for it when they were visiting and of course they said yes lol. She named him Dougie. I has planned in incorporating it into the nursery (she never plays with it, so I didn't think she would care), but she inists that it's hers and doesn't want it to be out of her room. Oh well lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh this stresses me out. I didn't keep DD nursery as gender neutral as I would like, so if it's a boy, I will have to change everything out. The walls are mint and I would like to do a Lost Boys theme. If it's a girl, it will stay the same abd we will only have to worry about doing DD "big girl room". If we have a 3rd kid it's just getting a pack and play in the corner of a siblings room lmao (kidding).
  • acnd08acnd08 member
    edited March 2017
    So many beautiful ideas!!!  <3 I'm going for neutral. The crib I want is iron - pewter finish. White bedding. Boy or girl accents. :) 
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @roo_baby my son's nursery has a teepee. He absolutely loves it. It's full of cushions and stuffed animals. I also put fairly lights on it. It's adorable and I actually love hanging out in there myself. I don't see anything culturally or racially offending in it. Teeppee's have been and are still used all over the world, nowadays obviously more for camping.
  • @Knottie1447173547 I LOVE your DS's room and your inspiration for this one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • @Knottie1447173547 I LOVE your DS's room and your inspiration for this one!
    Thanks!
  • we live in a 2br and already have 2 girls...our plan is to get bunks for the girls and put the baby in the crib, which the girls are currently both sleeping in as a toddler bed.  If this is a boy, I will see if the landlord will let us paint (it's PINK and was when we moved in.  Ours is a woodland theme with tons of owls (DD1s favorite) and hedgehogs (mommy's favorite).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • canonmom413canonmom413 member
    edited March 2017
    @Boobopgirl we have a 3 bedroom, but the rooms are so small. Our girls will be sharing a room and while it will be tight, theyet getting bunk beds too. They currently have full size mattresses so their  bunk has to be a full over full. Praying my youngest isn't hitting her head on the ceiling waking up every morning, haha. The theme of your girls room sounds like my youngest's current room ( target bedding set . Girly woodland). We have the walls currently white ( because we rent as well). We hope to move next spring ( this time next year) so hopefully the room sharing won't have to last all that long. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• We have 3 bedrooms but one is used to store our animals at night (dogs get put in crates and the cat is loose in the room). Which is fine because this is our first kid. The only this is my husband refuses to get rid of the full sized bed that's already in there. I guess it can come in handy when we're up 100 times a night but I feel like it just takes up too much space. I would like to do a woodland theme.
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our nursery will be half nursery half guest bedroom.  So we will be redoing the whole room.  I'm loving the bohemian/southwestern/minimalist look.  Light colors with wood and earthy tones.  I'm loving @carries2018 ideas.