Monday Bitchfest 3.27.17

Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
bf.png 38.5K

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3.27.17

• Options
    Over the weekend I found out DH hadnt requested the time off for our babymoon May 10-14, and someone else on his shift had taken it, so his solution was to just cancel it. I was understandably like hell no, try to work something out or I'm going without you!
    Last night was his first night at work since, and I was like so did you figure it out? He said he put the request in the computer, so now we just wait. Fantastic. 
    Then he was like "But I had my review last night!" 
    "Oh good, do you get a raise?" "No." "Did you talk to them about switching your shift?" (He works overnights on weekends, the other shift has every Sunday off and every other Saturday) "No." "So what did you talk about?" "They want me to move 2 hrs north, so I said I would ask you." "Yeah, this is a great time to consider leaving my free babysitting mom! Umm, no."
    SMDH.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @GlitterFish Oh man.  Men just do not like to use their brains sometimes! lol I feel ya. DH had a job offer some time ago that would move us 2hrs from home.  We were considering it, then came the BFP.  It's really not far, we lived in that city when I went to school and we enjoyed it there.  But everyone is here.  My sister, my parents, my grandparents, most of my Aunt's, my best friend, our friends in general.  To move somewhere where I would have zero help when I need it just doesn't seem fun.  We do okay where we are.  Some day, but not today.   
  • Options
    Yikes, @GlitterFish. My H would be living in the dog house for all of that.

My first MBF goes to Metro, who decided that it would be a great idea to have all the escalators and elevators off for service this morning. I had to hike my pregnant but up the equivalent of 3 flights of stairs. I was already in pain but now...

My second MBF goes to myself. I may or may not have lost a disagreement with a tree this morning when getting off at my stop.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    @stokesm21 - irresponsible pet owners drive me NUTS. We have two large dogs and one is a German Shepherd with so many random health problems. I use him as an example when people talk about getting a dog. We didn't expect that his maintence would cost us about $200/month but we do it bc he's our dog and he needs it. (It's his allergy pill, prescription food for his joints, and his flea/heartworm meds.) Plus he always gets ear infections or things like that. This past fall, he needed emergency surgery for bloat/stomach twisting that cost $3500. People don't think about emergencies coming up. I realize most dogs probably aren't as high maintenance as Baron, but it's just something to think about. 

My MBF - it's raining and work on our new fence and deck was supposed to start today. Also, the company was supposed to be here "a little before 9" and call when they're on their way. It's 9:15 and still no word from them. Yea. 
  • Options
    My MBF is my dad.. I had to drop my Tahoe off at the shop to get serviced and he told me he would pick me up since DH had to be at work early.  He just texted me said he's running late because his breakfast is taking too long to get to the table.  So I'm sitting here at the shop looking stupid.. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited March 2017
    @ginger1228 I get it!  One of my cats cost me about $2000 some years ago.  We spent the money because it was basically a "cure."  I paid that bill with what was left in my bank account then what was left on the balances of at least 3 different credit cards.  Not my finest moment.  I learned my lesson on pet ownership right then and there.  Because of what happened I also switched them to being raw fed which was not cheap (I don't want to sound pushy but a raw diet would work wonders for the ailments that your dog has.  Check it out maybe :smile: ) Just to euthanize an animal is expensive!  I think we paid around $200/250 to put one of our cats down last year (heart disease, threw clots.  Nothing we could do at that point)  We want a dog too but it's just not the right time.  Baby on the way so we'll have no time.  Can't really afford the extra expense.  Even when we do get a dog, based on my experiences, it will have pet insurance lol! Our family retriever had all sorts of stupid stuff happen to him.  Porcupine needles and such and when he was pretty young (I think 2) the neighbour put out antifreeze to kill the raccoons (evil!) and of course, the dog licked it.  $3000 later and he was okay but we had to keep our eyes on his kidneys his entire life.  People just don't get it.  
  • Options
    My baby sister is getting married in September. I was in my hometown over Thanksgiving and made a point to get measured for my bridesmaid's dress while I was still my normal size. (The store said they normally order a size or two up from your pre-pregnancy size to account for postpartum body changes.) I called to order my dress this morning and they lost my measurements and want me to get remeasured! This dress has a band around the waist and I look like I've swallowed a bowling ball so there is NO way these measurements will be accurate. Also, I live nowhere close to my hometown so going back in to get remeasured is not an option. Ugh. So annoyed.
  • Options
    @stokesm21 I second the pet insurance!! We have it for both our dogs and it really saved us  $after an emergency overnight for our dog last year.

@GlitterFish what did you say to DH about the moving? I wouldve lost it on my DH if he tried that w me. I hope he gets your babymoon time off!! 

I dont have a MBF but just reading today. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stokesm21 - our next dog will more than likely have insurance! No company in their right mind would insure him now, haha. I've read a little about a raw diet. Maybe I'll talk to the vet about it. I wonder if it would affect his joints since his food is is supposed to help with joints?? I don't know. Animals are so much work!
  • Options
    @stokesm21 - our next dog will more than likely have insurance! No company in their right mind would insure him now, haha. I've read a little about a raw diet. Maybe I'll talk to the vet about it. I wonder if it would affect his joints since his food is is supposed to help with joints?? I don't know. Animals are so much work!
    Ha ... ha.  Uhhhhh unless the vet is pro-raw they will advise against it for a whole host of reasons that don't carry much weight.  It's hard.  I mean they're vets so like Dr's you expect them to know things but ... I just did my own research and I really have to push with mine but I've seen a HUGE difference in my cats.  Allergies are a big reason why a lot of people switch.  That's not to say they can't have them with raw food, a lot of dogs are seemingly allergic to chicken.  My IL's dog has joint issues and they give her glucosamine.  There's a lot of products out there you can buy yourself that will help with joints without having to get the special food.  Anyways, like I said, I don't like to sound pushy about it.  If you're interested, "Raw Feeding FRIENDS" group on FB is a great resource to learn and connect with other feeders.  :smile: I raw feed my cats whose nutritional needs are a bit different than dogs so while I do know a bit about raw feeding dogs, my knowledge tends to weigh more towards feline. 
  • Options
    @stokesm21 - this is also one of my biggest pet peeves (couldn't find a way to avoid the pun), particularly when older people get puppies/kittens. Animals are expensive and they're a COMMITMENT. I have three dogs and they are the most important thing in my life (awaiting baby to see how that works/changes!). We pay about $2000 a year on top of the line food for them, nevermind the $15,000 fence we had installed for them, the fact that we bought this particular house for them to have space, daycare costs, in-home overnights when we're out of town... and then vet bills. My grandfather in law has several pets... I think 4 or 5 now? And he's been on the verge of death for like five years. STOP GETTING MORE PETS. He can't take care of himself never mind the animals. I reflect all the time on ways I could make my dogs lives better so it depresses me to think about all the people who don't or can't take care of their animals. But I've found that no matter how the animals are actually living, almost all people believe their animals are living well. So that dog you keep in the garage crate all day and is never allowed on your carpeted floor aka 80% of your home and eats crappy food? Living a great life according to that owner. 

on the moving topic... we live 3.5 hours from the closest support and to be honest, if my husband suggested we move to be near his parents, I would be on the fence. Help would be fine but there are pros and cons to any situation. I think you get used to what you have or expect to have so any change is disruptive and often disappointing... 

no MBF from me except people not understanding what a damn out of office email means...!
  • Options
    Thanks @stokesm21! I'll look into it. You're probably right about vets not pushing raw diets - especially when I'm buying the prescription food from his office! I absolutely LOVE our vet (he's raised GSDs and knows so much about them and I wouldn't trust anyone else with Baron) but I can see what you're saying about the raw diet. 

@Potterphile - you sound like us. Had to get a house with plenty of room. Currently in the process of replacing our fence for them. I love a good pet wonder. :grin:
  • Options
    @oheliza44 - My sister lived out of town when I got married and was able to go to any old dress shop to be measured, and then I gave the measurements to the place I selected the dresses at. If they insist on new measurements, that might be an option. 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My MBF goes out to my 20 year old brother in law who is the most immature and self centered 20 year old I've ever met. DH and I have a 3rd vehicle that is paid off and is never driven so we decided when we moved we need to sell it. 2005 Tahoe- great car but we never drive it unless we need to tow something which is very rare since my hubs stopped racing motorcycles when DS was born. So, we trusted my brother in law to drive it to his friends house, a potential buyer, on Sunday. Well turns out he broke our trust and was driving it since we parked it at his house Thursday. Added 350 miles to it in 4 days!!! And he wouldn't have told us but we found out that he was stuck almost an hour away from his house with a flat tire on Saturday evening around 11:30. Then when we tell him he needs to pay for a new tire or for it to be patched but refuses and says it's because the tire had dry rot- first of all those tires were replaced last year and with DHs mechanic experience he would have noticed when were taking a ton of photos of the tires getting ready to sell it! He's now refusing to pay to have it patched and now won't answer our phone calls. Oh and we have no idea where the truck even is. 
  • Options
    ^what they said. She hasn't even purchased the dog yet so I am not sure why you are up in arms about it. If she does buy the dog, you have no idea if she will be irresponsible or not. Your friend is an adult and can make her own decisions. And I highly doubt you know the entire story with her finances. My honest opinion, mind your own business. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    nktrodden826 sounds like my younger 3 inlaws (2 BILs and 1 SIL). They are the most immature twats I've ever encountered. No sense of responsibility and have my MIL and FIL cleaning up after their financial messes. Each one has moved out and moved back in at least once. They drive me nuts. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options
    My MBF is at myself. Yesterday, I slide and fell down a couple of stairs in my house and hurt my back. I'm fine, but my back is still hurting. I also think I strained a muscle at the gym. So I look pretty pathetic trying to get up. 
  • Options
    nktrodden826 sounds like my younger 3 inlaws (2 BILs and 1 SIL). They are the most immature twats I've ever encountered. No sense of responsibility and have my MIL and FIL cleaning up after their financial messes. Each one has moved out and moved back in at least once. They drive me nuts. 
    Omg. Here's another one. I really REALLY hate when people use that word. Like there's not a million other words in the English language that an be used. That one is right up there with C U Next Tuesday. It's gross. 
  • Options
    Omg. Here's another one. I really REALLY hate when people use that word. Like there's not a million other words in the English language that an be used. That one is right up there with C U Next Tuesday. It's gross. 
    Sorry @PurplePoppy424, it's one of my fave words. I often add to it and use twatwaffle. Douche canoe is a fun one too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    oheliza44 said:
    Sorry @PurplePoppy424, it's one of my fave words. I often add to it and use twatwaffle. Douche canoe is a fun one too. 
    If these words are part of your daily discourse, then that is all I really need to know about you. Cringe.
    OMG, I'm not allowed to have fun? Geez. Life's too short to be uptight. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    clioclio member
    To jump on this train - people use nauseous and nauseated interchangeably. They don't mean the same thing. I haven't said anything just bc I know most people don't know the difference (and it's really not that big of a deal - we all know what the person really means. It just bothers me bc of an English professor I had.) To say "I'm nauseous" means you cause nausea. You want say "I'm nauseated" to mean you feel sick. 

Indeed. I learned this valuable lesson from Never Been Kissed, lol.
  • Options
    If we're going on with words, I can't stand when people write 'advise' when they mean 'advice' and I've seen this like 10 times in the last few days in all different places.  :s
    LOL if we're going there, let's also add wary/weary to the list, and wonder/wander. 
  • Options
    @hyperangel_8509 Even though I don't really like the word twat, I have to admit I definitely use CUNextTuesday pretty often, the actual word not the backronym lol. 
  • Options
    If we're going on with words, I can't stand when people write 'advise' when they mean 'advice' and I've seen this like 10 times in the last few days in all different places.  :s
    There are ladies on my local FB mom group that always use "aloud" instead of "allowed", among other frequent spelling errors. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    oheliza44 said:
    If these words are part of your daily discourse, then that is all I really need to know about you. Cringe.
    OMG, I'm not allowed to have fun? Geez. Life's too short to be uptight. 
    Never have I ever thought that using a vulgar/gross word (or any word really) was "fun". Not saying they don't sometimes come out, usually while driving. But I don't think that has anything to do with "having fun". That makes me think of a middle schooler who is just trying to look cool in front of friends by cussing. Just my opinion. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    My MBF is to this whole effing morning. 

On on the way to my kids swim class my daughter vomited all over herself and her car seat. She isn't sick/was acting perfectly fine afterwards, so I took her and my son to class. Of course I had NO extra top for her (only bottoms as we are still potty training) so she got to walk in without a shirt. After class I kept her in her swimsuit and towel and just stuck her in her seat. And my car REAKS!!! We had to drive home with all the windows down. 

Kids freaked out because we didn't do our normal routine (shower at swim, get changed then head to Starbucks), so the car ride was a windy, scream crying mess. 

Get home and the new neighbors next door are having new floors put in before they move in. We are in a townhouse, so we share 1 wall. All I hear is the banging of nails and hammers - naptime should be real fun. 

Park kids in front of Mickey Mouse so I can get lunch started and my son yells at me because my daughter has peed all over her anywhere chair. 

Great. Now I get to scrub down a vomit covered car seat and a pee covered anywhere chair. Awesome. 

I'm done. Legit done. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    lolllll. This thread is funny today. Cats and twats and such. 

@ginger1228 I never knew that, I always thought saying I am nauseated was a really Victorian way of saying I'm nauseous. 

@maybeitsmadeline I'm super bad with my typing skills, I was probably the one advising with advice. 

My MbF is that I asked my hubby to get me 2lbs of fish so I could cook for two nights and not one ... but i just checked he got 1lb of uneven filets and I want to throw them at him as sooon as he enters that door... i am unreasonably moody today. 
  • Options
    @mslynn2012 Ugh that sounds so stressful.  I'm sorry.  Hopefully the contractors wrap up early, and you get some peace and quiet to rest and shower.

I mentioned to DH about how important it will be to establish a set schedule for our future kid because kids often don't like it when you deviate from routine.  And he was like, "what?!  Kids love not having a set schedule.  It means it could potentially be party time any time!