September 2017 Moms
Options

AMA 35+ Checkin 3/26

Intro if you're new!

1) how far along are you? EDD?

2) any appointments this week?

3) how are you feeling? Gripes/concerns/gloats?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Spring?  As a bonus suggestions for future GTKY questions?

Re: AMA 35+ Checkin 3/26

• Options
    17w2d; due on 9/1

Yes, anatomy scan u/s and OB check up on Thursday!

Other than insomnia, I've been having a good week. Hoping I've left behind my bloating and gas pains.
    Now that everyone at works know my news, I'm enjoying embracing the bump instead of hiding it!

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Spring?  As a bonus suggestions for future GTKY questions? 
    Not having to wear a winter coat, hat, and mittens. Winter seems to be never ending here in Boston this year, so I am really ready for spring to come!
    Suggestions for future questions: what is your favorite food? what is your favorite place you've ever traveled to?
  • Options
    @rhubarb123 Have fun at your anatomy scan! I don't have mine until 4/10 and the wait is killing me! Do you plan to find out the sex or are you team green?

1) how far along are you? EDD? 17+1 / sept 2

2) any appointments this week? no

3) how are you feeling? Gripes/concerns/gloats? Hospital trip Thursday showed I'm slightly dehydrated and anemic. I feel like I drink a ton of water, so these babes must be sucking everything out of me. Waiting anxiously for the 2nd tri energy burst too. 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Spring?  The milder weather and longer, lighter days. So sick of being cold.
    As a bonus suggestions for future GTKY questions?
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Daisy621 we already found out the sex from the maternit21 test - it's a boy! It will be fun to see the "proof" in the ultrasound!
  • Options
    InaniglooInanigloo member
    edited March 2017
    17+2, Sept 1st

2) any appointments this week? Not until mid April. 

3) how are you feeling? Pretty darn good most days now.
    Gripes/concerns/gloats? None. 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Spring?  
    The warmth and melting of snow. Also being able to be outside lots more. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Daisy621  hope you're doing ok! Hospital is never good. Keep hanging in there with the exhaustion, you aren't alone!

1) how far along are you? EDD? 16+2 9/8

2) any appointments this week? Not until 4/5, just normal check in and anatomy scan in May 

3) how are you feeling? Gripes/concerns/gloats? Not much change from my normal 'I'm miserable ' report...except I've had 6 days in a row migraine free. That's rather life changing!

Warm weather! And I'm in south Texas where it doesn't get cold. Shorts and tanks, I've missed you!

Spirit animal? Favorite holiday and why? Plans for baby's first Halloween costume? How you met your hubby? How you knew you wanted to be a mom and that the time was right? Favorite way to spend a day off? Book, movie, tv (especially Netflix since we'll be relying on that soon!) recommendations?
  • Options

1) how far along are you? EDD? 13w6 sept 25

2) any appointments this week? On Thursday we have an appointment to hear the baby's heartbeat again 

3) how are you feeling? Gripes/concerns/gloats? A little anxious but okay. Tired and starving all the time.  

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about Spring?  I love all the flowers and when it is warm, but not too hot yet.

• Options
    @daisy621 hope you are feeling better. 

@isittacotuesday a six day migraine sounds miserable. I am so sorry. I hope it goes away soon and you get some relief. 
  • Options

17w tomorrow! Sept 4th.

None so far, but my 16w check up was a couple days ago. Got back some bloodwork results and apparently my ferritin (iron stores) is a bit high so they are retesting. Apparently, pregnant women's are usually on the lower than usual side.

Pretty good, a bit of a cold... But i have a 16-month old son in daycare so that's standard in our house.

Finally being able to wear dresses to work! Will be so much more comfortabe esp now the bump is bigger!

Favourite childhood memory with mom/dad?

@Daisy621 and @IsItTacoTuesday: hope you guys feel better soon!
  • Options
    This is my first AMA check in! I'm a third time mom. I have 2 girls and am expecting a boy!

15+3 due 9/14

Nope...had a regular checkup Fri

Starting to gain some of that second tri energy, but I still need occasional naps. My biggest gripe is not being able to sleep at night. I am a hardcore stomach sleeper, so I just cannot get
    comfortable. 

Being able to be outside without freezing my butt off. Packing away the hats and gloves. Iced coffee. 

• Options
    13w 3 days---due 9/29

nope....next appt is for my 16w

More worried and anxious than I've ever been in my life. STILL have not gotten my Harmony results back. Had my NT scan on Friday and all looked great so I was feeling MUCH better despite not having my bloodwork back yet, but then I went on the interwebs and found all these examples of women who had great NT scans and bad bloodwork. So my anxiety kicked in all over again. Then I called this morning to schedule my next u/s (which I THOUGHT was just the regular 20w I had with my first) and was told it would be a Genetic Ultrasound. Went online again and found that this is an in depth u/s that tests, again, for chromosomal abnormalities. Is this routine because I will be 35 at time of delivery? Or did the u/s tech see something to worry about and not tell me? (even thought she told me everything looked great....all the parts and pieces were where they need to be, the nuchal measurement was good, I'm measuring right where I should be )
    I'm only 34 now. Doesn't all the "bad" stuff at the time of conception? Why wouldn't they use that age to determine that you are AMA, rather than age of delivery?  
    I just can't seem to relax, all I do is worry all day everyday, and cry, and worry some more. I haven't shared my news publicly because I'm just so afraid. I can't enjoy the fun parts about being pregnant because I have this contact worry that something is wrong--all because I will 35 when I have this baby! How do you all do this? Please tell me the secret!
    Sorry for the extra long rant on questions #3 lol I just can't seem to function the past few weeks.

Being outside--I hate being stuck in the house all these month! I love seeing all the houses in my neighborhood start to spruce up their lawns and put out all sorts of pretty flowers and landscaping. 
  • Options
    15 weeks, 2 days - EDD 9/16.

My 16 week appointment is on Friday!

I feel great, belly continuing to grow.  I'm fighting some seasonal allergies without meds, so that has been less than fun.

The flowers!
  • Options

@charchar821 I'm so sorry you are feeling so stressed out... honestly I don't have any advice bc I am constantly filled with anxiety myself-  we have shared our news, my DH insisted we did after the 12 week scan looked good.

at almost 17 weeks I thought I would feel better by now, but I've kind of accepted I will feel like this the rest of my pregnancy. I just keep reminding myself to take it one day at a time.. easier said than done but it's all I can do

Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    @charchar821 sorry you are having to much anxiety. Fx crossed you get your harmony results back soon and all is well

• Options
    @CharChar821sorry you are having so much anxiety. I know it's hard, but try to relax and be patient for the results. If I were you I would call the OB's office to find out what the genetic ultrasound is. I haven't heard of that term, but hopefully the OB can explain what is and why they want you to have it. Hopefully it's not anything you need to worry about and it will allow you to worry a little less.
  • Options
    @CharChar821 Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you're having so much anxiety. Why are you so worried that something is wrong? I truly believe all of this testing in pregnant women creates a train wreck of frustration for often times no reason at all. I think you need to call your OB and demand some explanations. Where are your Harmony results? You want them now because you can't relax. Why are you having a genetic ultrasound, and WTF is that? Someone needs to explain your care in detail to you. You shouldn't be on a blind roller coaster, but it sounds like your OB isn't seeing it. Demand it for your own nerves. 

Im 34 and will turn 35 a month before my baby's arrival. To me, that means almost nothing. I'm low risk to begin with and have no reason to become high risk because of an insurance company guideline. Don't let it dictate your feelings, or your enjoyment of your pregnancy. I think you need to take one day at a time, focus on your little one. Eat good food, relax a lot, exercise for your health. Keep demanding answers to questions about your care until you're satisfied or switch providers. Being this stressed isn't good for you or your baby!
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 @Hopefulmommy1980 @Rhubarb7216 @Sprite2012
    Thank you all SO much for your replies. It feels good, and somewhat calming to have people to share this with that seem to get how I'm feeling. I really appreciate it :) The nurse called me last night at 5:15 to tell me she's all over getting these Harmony results and hopefully today. Apparently the lab basically sucks. I think they've had problems with them. She also told me that she received my scans and bloodwork from my 1st tri ultrasound (its done at the hospital not my dr's office) and all looked good, bloodtests came back negetive. I knew the NT scan was good, but didn't know about the additional bloodwork until the nurse told me. So my nervousness about whether or not the u/s tech wasn't telling me something was cleared up with those results. So 2 out of 3 things came back good! I'm trying to use the information to keep myself having positive thoughts.
    And other than my age, I don't really have any reason particularly to be worried. I did have 2 miscarriages, one at 5 weeks before my DD and one at 10 weeks right before this pregnancy. But according to the dr, that puts no bearing on this pregnancy. I didn't need a DNC, and all my inners were still healthy and good to go, lol I had a perfectly fine healthy pregnancy with my daughter. And I didn't worry about almost anything when I was pregnant last time, it was lovely! Its all this "advanced age" and "increased risks" and "extra testing" thats all in my head!!

• Options
    @charchar821 Glad you seem to be feeling better. @Sprite2012 had some great advice for you too. I am 38 (!!!)  a few years past your 34 and I had my 3rd one month after I turned 35. No complications/issues at all. I also have a history of m/c and am having twins. I'm not worried though. I'm choosing to enjoy this pg and not give in to the what if's - it'd just totally ruin every day worrying.
    Good luck.
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Options
    @CharChar821 great news! Hope you can relax a little 
  • Options
    That is great news
  • Options
    CharChar821 Don't worry about the "genetic" ultrasound. It was explained to me as just a more in-depth anatomy scan. I will be having one too because I was referred to the genetics clinic for testing bc I'm "old". My Dr. basically gave me the option to go there and have pre-natal testing done a little more in-depth because of AMA when I deliver, and I decided to do it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers