November 2017 Moms

GTKY: Where are you from?

Where did you grow up? Where did your SO/DH grow up?

Where do you live now? 

Where do you ideally want to live? E.g. Your dream city, country etc. 

PS: I know we have a spreadsheet asking this but I'm sure a lot of us are not filling that out just yet so thought this would be great to see where everyone is from. 

Re: GTKY: Where are you from?

• Loading the player...
  • @pawcall My husband and I lived in St. Thomas, VI for 2 years! I'm a Philly girl too. Let's make a cheesesteak on a johnny cake. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh great now I need johnny cake. 

I gew up in St Thomas and really miss it but couldn't ever take my kid to the hospital there sooooo Philly it is
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• We haven't been since we got married and I've been itching to go back. I live too far from the water now. CHOP is definitely the best out there so you're in the right place. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

• Both DH and I grew up in India and moved to the US for grad school. I lived in Minneapolis before I moved to NYC which was my dream. We are currently in NYC which I love but secretly am ready to move to a suburban lifestyle. My dream city to live would be LA - Malibu to be precise if I can afford one of those by the sea houses. Ah well some day maybe. 

PS: Seattle come close next ideal place as I actually love rainy weather but DH hates it. 
  • DH and I are both from Ohio and most likely will always be here. We talk about moving to Colorado or Florida, so who knows! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• We are both from Louisiana but lived in Texas from 2012-2015
  • Southern girl here! Looks like one of the only ones. We are both from a small town in Alabama, moved to Georgia for a few years, but moved back to our hometown to be close to family when we had our first baby. It is such a big help to be around family! The families who do it without help are amazing!
  • @rachelb51212 Southern girl here too! :)

H and I both were born in Texas - me in Houston, him in Dallas.  (People from Houston typically hate Dallas, and vice versa :) )  We both live in the Houston area now, although both of our parents live in DFW area.

If I had the chance, I'd live somewhere in Europe - I just got back from vacationing in Italy, so probably there :)
  • DH and I both grew up in Northern CT. We live in my hometown now, but DH is from the next town over. If we could live anywhere, we would probably pick FL. Somewhere by the beach, where it's warm. I would also like the experience of living in NYC. Coming from a small town America type area I'd just want to know what it's like.
  • Upstate NY here, the finger lakes region. We were both born and raised here.

i would love to live in NYC, but DH would never. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I grew up in Wisconsin, currently Minnesota. We contemplated moving to LA after some job offers but declined. If we were ever to move that far from family, it would be my dream spot. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Roliepoliecoley4 I'm upstate NY Finger Lakes area too! Besides the insanely high taxes and blizzards we love beautiful area we live in! 
    Married DH 2008
    DS-Born 2/2011
    DD-Born 5/2013
    DD- Born 4/2016
    Baby #4 Due November 2017! 

• Daniep08 said:
    @Roliepoliecoley4 I'm upstate NY Finger Lakes area too! Besides the insanely high taxes and blizzards we love beautiful area we live in! 
    And the wine :-)
  • Where did you grow up? Where did your SO/DH grow up? Both of us grew up in a little town in Jersey 

Where do you live now? We just moved to Pennsylvania from North Dakota 

Where do you ideally want to live? E.g. Your dream city, country etc. I'd love to go back to Jersey but we like the peace out here. We're close enough without paying for the lifestyle. Ideally tho if I could go anywhere I'd prolly hike my butt to Hawaii and never leave. We went for our anniversary and it was amazing. 
  • Where did you grow up? Where did your SO/DH grow up? I grew up in Detroit, MI. My DH grew up in the suburbs about 45 minutes outside of Detroit.

Where do you live now? We now live in the same town DH has lived in since he was 7 and that I've lived in since 14. Nice little suburban town :)

Where do you ideally want to live? E.g. Your dream city, country etc. Canada!! I just love it there. Too bad both our jobs are based here in the US!
  • DH and I are both from Ohio. We went to St. Thomas for our honeymoon and it was more than amazing. So jealous of those who live there!! Maybe one day! 
  • We live somewhere that's gray all winter. My dream is to live somewhere where it's sunny and warm to hot all year. We might have an opportunity someday after DH graduates to move to Texas. We would probably take the chance. 

• Daniep08 said:
    @Roliepoliecoley4 I'm upstate NY Finger Lakes area too! Besides the insanely high taxes and blizzards we love beautiful area we live in! 
    And the wine :-)
    It's definitely beautiful and the wine is a plus too  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sarebear55. Where abouts in Detroit?  That's where I'm from.  I don't live there now but did most of my life.  I was in the Downriver area 
  • Haven't seen any other Florida girls on here yet! Husband and I are both native floridians. Love it here but would like to like in NC or TN at some point and get a few more seasons!
  • We live somewhere that's gray all winter. My dream is to live somewhere where it's sunny and warm to hot all year. We might have an opportunity someday after DH graduates to move to Texas. We would probably take the chance. 
    Are you in the Pacific Northwest?
  • Me and DH are both originally from the poconos in Pennsylvania. Currently living at Fort Irwin, California. We are so undecided about where we want to settle. We do own a home in Oklahoma but it's a little too far from the beach for my liking! 
  • Me and DH are both from the Houston area. I was born & raised & stayed. He was born in another country but moved to the area when he was 5 years old. We attended the same college in Tx (where we met) and then moved back to where we grew up. And have little to no plans of ever leaving. :)
    BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm from Brooklyn, BF is from Manhattan. We live in Brooklyn, about a 13 minute walk from my parent's house.

This would be a much nicer place to live if we had millions of dollars to buy a house with. Our neighborhood is all trees and yards and Victorian houses, but we rent a one bedroom apt. With our combined salaries almost anywhere else, we'd have a house. I'm kind of sick of the high cost of living and the commute to the city for work. If we were to move, I'd want to REALLY move. Maybe somewhere like Ashville, Austin, or Portland, Maine. None of which I've ever been to! 
  • Another Southern Gal here! We are both from the central part of Alabama but move to south Alabama about 4 years ago. We love our coastal weather and are close enough to "home" and all out family. We LOVE living near the beach will most likely be mobile (think travel trailer) when we retire.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I grew up in a suburb outside of Boston. My husband grew up in a more rural area of Massachusetts. We now live in a beautiful rural town in Massachusetts on the New Hampshire border. 

Right now, If we could live anywhere, I think we'd live right where we are. We bought our new house a year ago and it's perfect for our big family and our town is a great place to raise a family. 

When the kids are all grown, I'd like to spend some time here and some time in South Carolina. It's my favorite state that I've visited. ❤
  • Lots of Pa girls here! Hi @asivec! We must live pretty close to each other!

• QTAMum3QTAMum3 member
    edited March 2017
    @Mack2342 I lived downriver for 5 year in the early 2000s. LP to be specific but live in Northern Massachusetts now. 

I grew up in Cali, Michigan and Massachusetts. My DH grew up in MA close to where we Live now. 

Where do you live now?
    Outside Lowell,MA

I am really fond of MA and plan to stay. 
    Me: 30 DH: 34
    Married: 11/2013
     "Q" DS1: 3/2011
    "T" DS2: 10/2012
    "A" DD: 1/2014
    EDD #4: 11/26/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker

• Where did you grow up? Where did your SO/DH grow up?
    I grew up in New England.  My wife grew up in South Africa, moving to the US prior to her senior year of high school.  

Where do you live now?  
    We live in New England, in the same State where I grew up and where we met in college.

We like having the four seasons and having family around, so we're pretty content where we live now.  Maybe a bit warmer would be nice since we had two blizzards this winter and it was snowing even yesterday!