September 2017 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating 3/24

Nothing crazy this week for me.  I have been craving homemade chicken salads with homemade honey mustard dressing and tacos! We are going out to our favorite taco place tonight.  It was voted one of the best in the country last year.

Also, question...
Any one who is not a big dairy fan how are you getting your calcium?  I have been forcing myself to drink at least one glass a day plus I usually have a yogurt, some type of cheese or cottage cheese once a day.  I guess I am just concerned I may not be getting enough calcium.

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 3/24

• Options
    Well I just had a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast.

Also I love milk so I'm not sure where else you would get calcium other than yogurt and cheese and your prenatal. Maybe ask your OB if you should take a calcium supplement? 
  • Options
    My prenatal only has 10% DV of calcium so not very much at all.  I am going to ask at my appointment Tuesday if she thinks I am getting enough.  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrsmarygsmrsmarygs member
    edited March 2017
    @JustBored10 My sister-in-law had issues getting enough calcium. She ended up taking supplements, but still had a few cavities after each pregnancy. I've been drinking milk with cereal, cookies, pancakes, just a lot of sweets really because I don't like milk by itself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have cravings but when I eat them it's not as good as I imagined. Like I really wanted a lunchable the other day I ate it and was grossed out by the taste. Nothing tastes good to me anymore. Even the watermelon I wanted tasted bad. 
  • Options
    I love milk, so no help from me. I'm sorry. Maybe cheese? Broccoli?

I have been craving these mashed potatoes from a place near us, so I am going to get those for lunch today. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JustBored10 I think milk, yogurt, and cheese every day sounds like a fair amount of calcium. I have a tall glass of milk, a yogurt, and string cheese plus whatever dairy is in the foods I eat normally and the calcium in my pre-natals. I love cheese, so I probably get more than my share of cheese. Sometimes I have cereal, which gives me an extra cup of milk. I actually used to not like regular milk. I drank almond milk, but my pregnant self loves the milk. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    I had an onion bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. I'd been looking forward to it all week. 

It sounds to me like you're getting enough calcium...3 servings per day? I guess I don't really know how much we should be getting. I just checked my prenatal and was surprised to find it has no calcium at all. I rarely drink a glass of milk, but I eat plenty of cheese and occasionally yogurt. I guess I might be low on calcium as well. 
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 a chocolate chip cookie sounds amazing  <3 
    For me.. lately, cereal. Suuuuper boring, but when I don't feel good it's pretty easy to eat. Still dealing with this crappy morning sickness some days (like today) so not much sounds good. My poor DS brought me a bottle of ketchup because I guess he thought it would make me feel better and I gagged!! 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  From what I read we are suppose to be drinking 3 glasses of milk daily to ensure we are getting enough calcium.  I do eat at least one cheese stick and a either a yogurt or bowl of full fat cottage cheese a day.  It just did not seem like there were a ton of real food options that contain calcium.  I know somewhere they mentioned that some oranges juices do so maybe I will look into that to have a glass with breakfast.

• Options
    I just had an amazing egg salad sandwich. I had to make some after that FFFC thread turned into a mayo/egg salad chat lol
  • Options
    My SIL left a box donuts at our house. I don't want them to feel abandoned so I'm eating them. I really want all the pub style fish and chips though. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    mrs_tacos said:
    I am a big dairy fan, and I've been drinking lots of milk, and eating lots of yogurt and cheese. Many berries and citrus fruits are also high in calcium. This link provides some info about it: https://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/high-calcium-fruits.php

I just had rosemary and olive oil triscuits and easy cheese for a snack. We're on our way to DH's company's annual spring potluck, so I'm sure I will eat tons of deliciousness while we're there. My stomach is very excited!
    Those rosemary triscuits are no joke and can be paired with so many things. Easy cheese. Cream cheese. Sliced cheese. They are by far the most superior of all of the triscuits. 
  • Options
    @mrs_tacos ...Rosemary triscuits?!  I might be making an evening run to the grocery store, that sounds delicious! 

@JustBored10 I've been waxing and waning on my enjoyment of dairy over the past few weeks.  I found that string cheese is pretty tolerable and easy to eat in a pinch, very mild in flavor.  When I'm not into the taste, I'll have one with a handful of grapes or blueberries and that usually helps it get (and stay!) down
  • Options
    I had falafel for lunch. Omg so good! :love:
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    We just had Thai for dinner and it was amazing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I saw a baking show on TV last Monday and the things that looked most delicious were the fresh peaches that one of the bakers added to his cake. Don't get me wrong, I have been eating and enjoying baked goods too, but I'm excited that I will FINALLY be eating some peach slices this evening, after thinking about it for almost a full week. They will be from a bag of frozen fruit, unfortunately, but hopefully will hit the spot nonetheless!
  • Options
    Fruit!  I have like two oranges a day, an apple, and some pineapple if the place I get lunch from has some on the fruit bar.  For calcium, I eat cereal at night and sometimes I get a frap  from Starbucks with no coffee. 
  • Options
    @Ae_Lovely321 oh that makes me want a vanilla bean frap!!!!! Or a strawberries and cream. Have you ever had the captain crunch one? I guess it's the strawberries and cream with hazlenut or something... it's amazing! 
  • Options
    @Msashley2010 @mrs_tacos I bought the rosemary Triscuits yesterday after hearing about them here! I can't wait to try them today with some cheddar cheese. 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Farmer's Market strawberries and homemade whipped cream. Mmmm....In serious danger of making this a habit.
  • Options
    The past week I'm on this kick for lunch: homemade chili over think spaghetti (i found a pasta made with veggies so it makes me feel better about eating the pasta lol) with some shredded cheddar. Oh. Ma. God. Its so good! Def not the healthiest thing I could eat, but I haven't eaten fast food yet this pregnancy so I consider that a win! haha And the chili is homemade, so I know whats it in. Seriously though, I cannot get enough of it! I'm eating right now haha
  • Options
    Orange juice fortifies with Calcium is a good alternative. I also have a decaf coffee from Dunkin' with caramel, whipped cream and almond milk. No sugar or cream and it's really good. Currently I am obsessed with these things called PopCorners. They are popcorn chips and the carnival Kettle is delicious! 
  • Options
    Farmer's Market strawberries and homemade whipped cream. Mmmm....In serious danger of making this a habit.
    Wow, now I am craving strawberry shortcake. Mmm 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pizza for dinner, the place down the street is addicting! 
  • Options
    I'm obsessed with strawberry milk. I've went through two gallons of milk in the last couple of weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH asked if I would be ok with the smell of kimchi as he wanted to open the jar. Not only was I ok with it, but I ate more than he did. Delicious. Oh, and the rest of my dinner was PB&J on waffles and some leftover spinach-kale bites. I thought I was eating more normally, but maybe not?
  • Options
    Today I had a bacon burger and the burger was over cooked. :( 
  • Options
    DH asked if I would be ok with the smell of kimchi as he wanted to open the jar. Not only was I ok with it, but I ate more than he did. Delicious. Oh, and the rest of my dinner was PB&J on waffles and some leftover spinach-kale bites. I thought I was eating more normally, but maybe not?
    OMG I was the exact opposite. DH opened a jar and I had to hide until the smell went away. I've never been a huge fan of kimchi, but this was 1,000x worse than ever before. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cmar1006 said:
    OMG I was the exact opposite. DH opened a jar and I had to hide until the smell went away. I've never been a huge fan of kimchi, but this was 1,000x worse than ever before. 
    Okay, yet again guys, I don't know what something is lol. What is kimchi??
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 it's a Korean dish. Fermented cabbage. Looks like this:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Right this second I have mashed avocado on top of a toasted English muffin with a drizzle of Frank's and it is soooo good! 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @wyomama0427 Kimchi=rotting cabbage. It's disgusting. Just looking at it makes me want to barf.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow, that sounds..... interesting lol! 
  • Options
    mrsmarygs said:
    @wyomama0427 Kimchi=rotting cabbage. It's disgusting. Just looking at it makes me want to barf.
    The main reason I put in a spoiler box. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Swazzle that sounds amazing. 

@wyomama0427 honestly, I've tried it and it's not as bad as it seems. But I don't plan to try it again. Not my style. Some people love it. DH being one. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cmar1006 I'm usually pretty open to trying things! DH is the picky one who won't try anything he thinks he won't like, especially vegetables lol