November 2017 Moms
Options

Babies close in age?

I have a 10 year old and a 5 year old from a previous relationship. My husband has a 7 year old and a 6 year old from a previous relationship. Together we have a 7 month old and we are now expecting another! Our babies together will only be 15 months apart! While my husband has experience with this, (and I have experience with it once they're 2-3 years old-from my step kiddos), but I have NO experience with it as babies!! Anyone have experience with this? Have any advice? Or is anyone else having this one close in age to an older LO?? I'm so excited for two babies in my world!

Re: Babies close in age?

• Options
    My two older children are twenty months apart. It's a bit further than 15 months though. It was hard. I'm not going to lie. The first year was a foggy haze of sleep deprivation and poopy diapers. I was working crazy hours to get my husband through nursing school so maybe you shouldn't listen to me lol. Now it is a fantastic age difference. They get along well and are good friends. I hope that continues. My husband and his older brother are 15 months apart and they are best friends as well. I think it's just hard when they are little.  
  • Options
    Thank you!! Any recommendations on double strollers? Or any suggestions of other gear to get? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a Graco double stroller that was great. The basket underneath was huge and fit the diaper bag. Other than that, just tons and tons of diapers lol. Also, if you have family or close friends that offer to help out or watch some of the older children so you can rest, take them up on their offer. My friend had twins (which is completely different) but she offered this advice and she knew what she was talking about :) 
  • Options
    My two are 13 months apart!  I wouldn't have chosen such a small age gap, but now I'm so happy it worked out the way it did!  It was a little rough at first (13mo didn't understand she shouldn't whack the baby super hard, couldn't communicate very well yet, etc.), but it's pretty great now (roughly 2.5 and 1.5)!  They play together and generally like the same activities and have a very similar sleep schedule.

We looove the City Select for a double.  We originally bought just one seat and then bought the second seat when #2 was ready to move to a seat (instead of the snap in infant carrier).   If you buy a prior year, you can usually get good deals on Amazon and other places!  :)

• Options
    Thank you, both! I'll look into those strollers! And thanks for the honest answers of how it is having two close in age! This will certainly make life interesting! 
  • Options
    My oldest two are 18 months apart. They have always been close and played well together...even and 12 and 11!

It was hard at times I used to think twins would be easier than having them just slightly apart. But, totally worth it all. Again, I don't think they can help but be close friends.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rosalie12rosalie12 member
    edited March 2017
    I have an almost 2.5 and 1 year old who are 18 months apart. It is hard, but also so fulfilling! My 2yo (DD) adores DS and DS follows her around all day long. We are working on the concept of sharing, but they already love each other and the best part is that the adjustment of bringing home a new baby was so easy for DD! Now my 3rd will be 19 months or so younger than DS, so we will see how it will be to have almost 3u3. But I absolutely love the age difference of my first two! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My two are 14 months apart.  It was rough in the beginning, honestly, but they are best friends and get along really well now.  (They are now 3 and 2).  It was also a little rough on my body having them that close together.  My biggest advice is to go easy on yourself in all the ways.  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh! And I almost forgot! When they are close together they really don't know life without another kid around. My two have never been very jealous, shared well and very social with others.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers