August 2017 Moms

Twat Tuesday

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: Twat Tuesday

• So this morning I cleaned these windows from outside because they looked horrible at the office and I was proud of leaving them sparkly clean. Then the weather was like lets mess with those windows. There is water snow coming down and all over my hard work not so sparkly clean windows :( thank God i did not mop the floors yet because I would have been mad that I took time out of my day to make the office look good when weather wants to do whatever it wants!!
  • NxyNxy member
    I feel like I'm the twat for complaining about this but here goes anyway. My SIL is mailing me SIXTY POUNDS of my nephews old baby clothes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @nxy how is she affording to mail 60 pounds of clothes over to you! Thats awesome you get all sorts of free clothes, but its also insane.  

My neighbors are twats.  Ive complained before but today takes the cake.  We are getting new hvac installed, and they tried to park their truck in our spot.  the driveway is a shared easement, and technically their property.  They screamed and yelled at both the guys and my DH for letting them drive down the driveway.  Ever sense they have been watching them from their porch, and the lady keeps flipping them off and screaming at them for no reason.  Other than driving on their driveway, they have been on our property the whole time.  Yes, they are making some noise, but its the middle of the day, so I see no problem with it.  To top it all off, my DH was going to just let them do the work, and he was going to take our dog to work today so I didnt have to stay home again, but becuase they are so nuts, I had to drive back home so I could make sure the neighbors didnt pull some shit while we were gone! UGH! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • NxyNxy member
    @littlebug2010 it was about 100$* for her to mail it here. Which I'm thankful for, that was really nice of them but at the same time that's so many baby clothes I'm not sure we are even going to use. They have very.. umm.. "country" style so most of my nephews clothes are plaid and camouflage and "country boy" that's not me at all. Wonder how mad she'll be if I sell the stuff we won't use lol

*It was "only" 100$ because we have an on base APO box so it's just standard usps rates to get stuff here.

Also, you really do have crappy neighbors. Why would they be so mad about that? that's insane. Are they old "get off my lawn" people?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nxy they are totally super old "get off my lawn" people.  I am surprised they didnt have a shot gun with them! 

100 bucks isnt bad to get that out to you!  But I agree about the country clothes.  Maybe you can take a few photos of your kid in some and send them her way, and then sell them after.  I havent had anyone offer to give me any clothes, but I am kinda hoping they dont.  I want to get baby all new clothes, and with things I like on them. Basically, I want to avoid the super sporty look and go for more of a alien, dinosaur, cute animal look.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @Nxy @littlebug2010 I totally get it. My cousin gave us two huge plastic totes of 0-3 month clothing. I'm so grateful but they're totallllly not my style. Half the stuff has "daddy's little princess" or "I'm a ray of sunshine" on the front. Or it's neon pink. I've been buying some nicer pieces and plan to use the hand me down onesies/sleepers since we'll probably end up changing her multiple times a day (at least). 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 we received a ton of clothes for my first. I went through it all and got rid of stained or horrid clothes. Even though I got rid of some, I was grateful for the jeans, pjs, etc. I figure if I only like 1/4 of the stuff, I am saving money. I also kept the ugly onesies to stick under sweaters & etc. 
  • I'm clearly a twat...the way I let people push me to the point I start contemplating "one night in jail won't kill me" is nuts. I've come a long way but the blood of Jesus on my soul sometimes.

Last Wed I was driving and may have been slightly in the far right lane. The older white male honked and I immediately rolled my window down and apologized because it was possible being that the person to my left was sort of in my lane. That didn't suffice and the middle age white male next to him got out of his car while we were at the light and said "bi#%^ go back to your country". I was so stunned that I'm sure I paused to process...he had the thickest accent (Albanian sounding accent) and I was soooo confused as to why he was standing out the car and the words that were coming out his mouth. I went from zero to 100...I dared him to pull over and I just lost it as if I should be trying to fight a man and as if I'm not 4 months pregnant. I just couldn't believe a "man" was trying to challenge me.

Fast forward to 30 minutes ago...just left the gym and I'm in a good mood...a middle aged white man is taking the snow in front his home and pushing it into the street...I can care less I'm just looking for parking. This f#%^ is standing in the middle of the street and yells "can I help you?" I ask are you okay, he asks am I and tells me to "carry on"....this can't be life. Either some of these men are seriously unhappy with the size of their male parts or their wives are making life hell because I've NeVER encountered two b#%^* a## "men" on accounts like this. 
    Gotta love NYC...Rant over.
  • I'm sorry @BabyGia...there are no words. That's not okay.  :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @BabyGia Ughhhh I'm sorry, girl. The "go back to your country" comments are not acceptable. I'm glad you flipped out on him - don't take that BS. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @babygia That is terrible, clearly they have issues. Apparently you being polite is just not acceptable to these men who can not handle their own s**t! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    My older sister. I got her a receptionist job at the same place as me. She knew our issue was unreliable idiots who couldn't make it to work for whatever reason. Since my firm decided to keep her on contract after 3 months (which happens A LOT at law firms and usually is not indicative of one's performance), she's decided to work a popular month-long event and take a half day EVERY day with Fridays off. She's now decided to come in late most days and gets "sick" every other week, so she's a no-show. When she does show, she has a sour attitude and I can't even talk to her without her rolling her eyes at me. She lives at home with my parents and has zero responsibilities. I stuck my neck out for her to vouch for her ability to at least show up to work and now I am the one cleaning up her messes and picking up her slack. Just like the old days. So fun! I wish she would just quit.
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    @BabyGia thats disgusting of him to have said! I hope you encounter less assholes.
  • My husband. He was on nights for a month and a half, for which i saw him MAYBE 10 minutes a day.  On his last night shift, they told him he had to go out of town for a week, and continue night shifts.  Last night he told me they are probably going to make him stay 2-3 more weeks.  I flipped out.  Literally spent all night home alone crying.  His dad called to ask me something, and said DH had mentioned that he'd be home in a couple of days.  So I texted DH asking why he told his dad and I two different timeframes.  He said he wanted to surprise me and come home early but his dad ruined it......ummmm sir, 1) its not a surprise considering you were supossed to come home then anyway and had to lie about it to make it a 'surprise' 2) I don't want any type of surprise that causes me undue stress and tears for two days until I get the surprise. 
    Sweet in theory, I guess, but horribly played out buddy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LSP87 I hate when you try to do a good deed by helping friends/family get an income and it turns out to be a huge mistake. I've learned that lesson years ago...
  • I know it's not Thursday anymore, but germs. Sick toddlers are the worst