September 2017 Moms
Options

High Risk Check-In 3/21

Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
edited March 2017 in September 2017 Moms
As we get further along, many of us will unfortunately get diagnoses that shake us to the core. I'd like to pray for each of you in my daily prayers. If you're not comfortable, just leave it blank. Recently there's been a lot of prayers needed.

How far along are you?

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring?

What's the potential impact on you / baby?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Any concerns currently?

Anything I can pray for you specifically about right now? 

GTKY: What time in history would you like to go back and see?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
Married in July 2014
TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
A1Cs:
1/12/16 6.7%
5/25/16 6.0%
11/2/16 6.1%
3/22/16 5.8%
4/27/17 5.4%
6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"

Re: High Risk Check-In 3/21

• Options
    How far along are you?
    15+4

I carry an antibody. 
    Baby will become anemic.
    Not this week.  I have a regular midwifes appointment next Tuesday.  Looking forward to hearing babes heartbeat and scheduling my 20 week scan.

Any concerns currently?
    N/A
    N/A
    The 1960's!
  • Options
    How far along are you?

13+3

I have Crohn's Disease

Just need to be monitored closely because of all the meds I'm on. I also can't eat more than a few bites of fruits, veggies or anything high in fiber.

We should get our genetic testing results back tomorrow or Thursday. I'd been doing okay with the waiting, but I've turned the corner into driving-myself-crazy territory. I keep trying to remind myself that my NT scan wasn't just good, it was "fabulous" according to the OB, so I'm trying to stay positive for the upcoming results.

Any concerns currently?

Nope, things should be pretty quiet once those results are back. We leave for vacation in two weeks!

That the tests show a healthy LO (who's maybe a girl like my gut has been telling me)

Opening day at Disneyland.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi all I haven't been checking in here but I'm trying to be more active so here goes...

How far along are you?
    14+4

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? Age (38), prior blood clots in placenta, and over weight.

What's the potential impact on you / baby? Blood clots can do crazy thinks I would rather not thinking about.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16+0!

Type 1 Diabetes, MTHFR 

What's the potential impact on you / baby? Low blood sugars at birth, big baby, shoulder dystocia, placental failure, still birth / Blood clots in placenta, still birth

I have my biweekly endocrinologist appt today, and my 16 week OB appt on Friday. We will schedule my fetal ECHO and anatomy scans!

Any concerns currently? 
    I've lowered my basal rates enough that I think my lows are much better. I mean I go into the 40s but I feel like it's much less dramatically and frequent. I also am concerned about my weight gain.

right now, for little one to keep growing healthy! 

I'd love to see the Pride and Prejudice era of England!

missykhamvongsa What a unique answer! That's such a fun thing to think about!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15+1 weeks

Weight, blood pressure, age

What's the potential impact on you / baby? GB, pre-e

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Just my regular OB. I go back to the MFM in late April for my A/S

Any concerns currently? 
    Headaches. Not sure if it's pregnancy hormones or blood pressure. 

Just for what we all want, a healthy happy little one

I would love to see Great Britain in the Tudor period. Although I'd want to be upper class! LOL! 
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options

How far along are you? 14+5

HBP

What's the potential impact on you / baby? Low birth weight, complications due to pre-e

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? I go to my regular OB today. I go to the MFM in late April. Still taking blood pressures daily.

Any concerns currently? 
    none right now

Just for what we all want, a healthy happy little one

1955 with Marty McFly :) 
  • Options
    I went to my endocrinologist yesterday.. and my A1c is down to a 5.8!!! I'm so thrilled!! It's incredible to be at this point and trying to give the healthiest environment possible for LO to grow. It's such a struggle but seeing that good number come back is a relief!

My TSH is still stubbornly high at 3.5, so we're increasing the dose agaiinnnn.

My microalbumin urine (micro protein in urine) came back at 5!! And anything under 30 is normal! I used to take Ramipril because the number was as high as 100 sometimes. I was scared stopping Ramipril since it's cat X for pregnancy, but I'm so thrilled to see good blood sugar control affect my kidneys in a positive way and not have worsening damage! I am normal without medication! What a blessing! 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    15 weeks, 5 days 

History of Limb Body Wall Complex, Half a gene mutation for MTHFR and now a marginal cord insertion. I'll have ultrasounds every 4 weeks closer to the 3rd trimester.
    Well we know we don't have to worry about Limb body wall complex again, ultrasounds look perfect! Blood clots were a worry but my OB felt like it was safe to come off the Heparin so now it's just Baby Aspirin. The marginal cord thing is new, just found that out yesterday. Potential impact is growth restriction on the baby and possibility of preterm labor.
    I had my anatomy scan yesterday and all is perfect except the dang cord! They were very impressed that they could see everything they needed to see this early!!
    Any concerns currently?
    Definitely this marginal cord deal...I'm trying very hard to give it to God and not stress about it. It does scare me though :-/
    That the baby will be ok despite the potential impact of the cord. And that I remember to put prayer before worry. 
    I would really love to meet Walt Disney. I would love to sit down and talk with him! Otherwise if we're talking about specific time period I would say the 50s :smile:
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    Not sure where to post this. I just got a call that my anatomy scan which will be with the MFM group is not until May11. I will be 22+6 at that time. It seems really late to me. Anyone else having to wait that long?
  • Options
    @Jamiern01 Anatomy scans are suppose to be done between 18-20 weeks.  Maybe call back and double check?
  • Options
    I'm going to double check with my regular OB and also the high risk group. I'm totally freaking out right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ladies, i think i popped in here once but i'd like to become more active in this group

How far along are you?
    16 +2 

type 2 diabetes &  AMA 

What's the potential impact on you / baby? my high blood sugar in early pregnancy leaves my LO at a higher risk for all sorts of things.... Spina Bifida, heart defects, other organ defects & stillbirth are the big ones I can think of right now

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? no appointments this week-  I send my blood sugar to my dietitian weekly however she isn't going to see me for another 10 weeks.... good news is at my last appointment my A1C came down from 9.5 to 6.5 in about a month and a half... which is why she is comfortable not seeing me for awhile :) 

Any concerns currently?
    my regular OB appointment is next week... i'll be 17 weeks... i'm just always anxious about the heartbeat..we heard it again at 13 weeks but it will have been a month since then and I know things can go wrong very fast....... two weeks after that we have our anatomy scan and then 2-3 weeks after that will be the fetal echo....just hoping everything continues to go well

Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    @Jamiern01  Our doctor is doing the same thing. The MFM said they won't do the AS before 20 weeks because sometimes you can't see everything properly until then and most insurance companies won't cover a repeat of the AS due to scheduling it too early. My doctor does the AS in a 2 week window of 20-22 weeks. Ours isn't until 5/4 when we are 21 weeks. :-/

How far along are you?

15+4 based on our updated EDD

Insulin resistant, bicornuate uterus, multiple MCs
    Higher potential for GD, which can lead to an overweight baby. Bicornuate uterus causes pre-term labor and smaller babies since the uterus doesn't stretch and grow as normal leaving LO less room. It also causes a high likelihood that I will have to have a C-section.

Just passed my glucose test with flying colors! Whoot! Next one isn't for another 10-12 weeks.

Any concerns currently?
    Everything has been going good so far.