July 2017 Moms

Exercise/Fitness Check-In 3/17

Happy Friday and St. Patrick's Day!

1: How far along are you?  

2: How was your last week? 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?

6: GTKY: Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and of so what?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise/Fitness Check-In 3/17

• JAM85JAM85 member

1: How far along are you?  24w3d

2: How was your last week? good 5 days in so far and tomorrow will have swim practice for 6! 4 days weights/lifting or crossfit and 1 day swimming so far. 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  same old- 5-6 days a week and keeping steps averaging 15K

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 
    I had a much needed pedicure Thursday so that was about it!

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? For some reason this pregnancy feels like it is taking FOREVER!!

6: GTKY: Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and of so what?

I've never been huge on this holiday not even when I did drink way back when. But I always love making corned beef and cabbage! So that I do observe and is already cooking in the crockpot. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 23 weeks 4 days, here. I normally, okay, never have participated in the workout post. I am on mobile and can't get it all to transfer and dontbhave time to do it by hand, but I have been stretching, doing yoga at home daily, and doing arm strengthening workouts. I feel so much better. I spend MONTHS puking up water and everything else I tried to eat, so just moving makes me feel great. 

Goals: to find my Fitbit charger. LOL 
  • Loading the player...
  • @LoveLee85 Welcome to the fitness post, and good job getting active once you started feeling better!

1: How far along are you?  22w5d (I hate when I forget, and have to look this up...)

2: How was your last week? Good, three days with the trainer, just like I'd hoped to do.  Still hoping to get my diet back on track, but I can't get over the cooking meat aversion.  I did buy some smoothie ingredients to try to get breakfast back on track.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  Try to reign in my food choices

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? Soda bread :)

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?  My trainer stops regular classes to run a "boot camp" style program at the end of April, and I am hesitant to sign up for it.  I want to stay active, and I know I am terrible at self-motivation, which is why I stay with her, but I don't know if I want to do this program.  First because I'm not sure what DS's tee-ball schedule is going to be, second because it starts at 7pm and goes until dark, which drastically limits my evening time with him, and third because last time I had such a hard time working outside with my allergies, and since I can't take my allergy medicine while pregnant, I think it will be 10x worse.  I don't know what to do.

6: GTKY: Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and of so what?  My mom's parents were both from Ireland, so we always celebrate the good ole Irish-American way:  corned beef and cabbage (boiled NOT in the crock pot), boiled potatoes, imported steak sauce (which is becoming difficult to find), and grandma's soda bread recipe.  I actually don't really love the cabbage, but it's tolerable when slathered in steak sauce.  I also love having soda bread and tea for days.  I actually hardly ever associated this holiday with drinking, with the exception of college, so I'm not really missing that part.  For me, it was more like a heritage day.  DH's family is Irish-American, too, and he definitely looks the part (though his family immigrated a few generations further back than mine), so it's a big deal here.
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    @LoveLee85 Welcome to the group and way to go for getting moving again!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awe, thank you both!!! It really helps my spirit also, just moving!!!! Found my charger! Lol!