babies"r"us registry party (closed) - Page 2 — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party (closed)

Re: babies"r"us registry party (closed)

• I started mine about a week ago... it is super overwhelming with all of the different choices or bottles, carseats, cribs, bedding , and so on. I feel like it might take forever to narrow down what I really want/need.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
    bumptaratrinitimalone
  • @kirstenpierce31 I didn't personally have a hard time because that's one of the things my husband spent a long time researching! He's way better at making decisions than I am (I just waffle and think "what if?" too much). We ended up deciding on one of the hybrids (Flip by bumgenius), because supposedly you only have to discard the liner after each change instead of the whole diaper. They also have different types of inserts (organic cotton, daytime, nighttime, disposable), so I hope they will work out! We're new parents also, so we are just going on reviews. I've seen lots of second-hand Flips on ebay, which might be weird but it's definitely cheaper than all-new! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you recommend putting diapers on the registry?
    bumptara
  • bumptarabumptara
    Moderator 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments
    admin
    edited March 2017

Whether you're looking to meet one-on-one or want to attend an informative class with expert partners, BRU offers Personal Registry Partners & Classes to help you throughout every step of your registry journey. Reserve a spot in a class or schedule an appointment today!

Next question: How do you pick what items to put on your registry?
  • I read all of the reviews and do research on the items that I like. I want to make sure that it's a good, quality product that will last.
    CapricaAndrea
  • @rjoys8 I may just trust his research as well! It just seems overwhelming all the different types of cloth diapers... And I'm totally down for second-hand! As long as they seem in good condition, they get washed so frequently and if it helps the upfront cost at all it seems worth it. 

I saw a blog from Pinterest where the mom mentioned some diaper swapping site as well. She said she buys and sells her own used cloth diapers on there.
    rnw2019
  • I brought along a family member who recently had a baby and scanned everything she told me to! I also did my own research to make sure everything had good reviews and edited it later. For the smaller things, since we aren't finding out the gender I usually went with anything that came in white. (FTM here if you couldn't tell).
    Ae_Lovely321kirstenpierce31
  • veehall said:
    And cloth diapers too! We are trying the bumgenius freetime.
    We love our freetimes! Perfect for first timers. We're adding prefolds and fitteds for the newborn days this time, but we only had freetimes for our last baby. 
    veehall
  • Ae_Lovely321Ae_Lovely321
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2017
    I tried to figure out what I needed vs. wanted. Then I looked at options and researched as i browsed. The final part is making sure it is within our budget.  
    kirstenpierce31
  • We will be starting our registry in the next few weeks. The main items will be the stroller and the car seat! Maybe some cloth diapers as well.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I talked to friends who've been there done that and asked what they absolutely could not live without.  We've got a remodel to make room and are fairly minimalist people, so wanted to start with necessities. Other items were recommended as must haves on my BMB.  Reviews and Lucie's List and other blogs were super helpful.  The can't live withouts I heard repeatedly were: boppy, wrap or ring sling carrier, bouncer/swing, pack n play with napper (for C-section recovery to limit stooping over), and high chair that straps to dinning chair and reclines for all stages of growth. 
    Ae_Lovely321kirstenpierce31
  • Part of me feels bad for putting so many big ticket items on the registry, so honestly cost comes into play when adding something like a crib or carseat. Although I have tried to be cost conscious while paying attention to reviews; it's not worth it to get something cheaper if it's bad quality!

And everything else is pretty much what I thought was neat or cute ;) everyone talking about bottles has me wondering if I should research the ones I added some more! 
    bumptara
  • We research everything!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kirstenpierce31 ooh, diaper swapping... I'll have to check that out! Thanks! 
    kirstenpierce31thistle8677
  • We spent some time on babygearlab.com looking at reviews for different things. We're also trying to be eco-friendly and low-toxin, so I read through some blogs on those subjects as well. Cost also comes into play, like I feel like no one is going to buy the expensive stroller we want, but husband convinced me to keep it on there just in case. 

We're also not finding out the gender, so all the clothes are either cute animals, or grey/white! 
    kirstenpierce31thistle8677
  • I have been researching a lot and asking opinions of those that already have kids. 
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We love hearing about your registries, Bumpies! 

Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?
    The Baby Brizza, I had a friend who had this and swears by it. 
    bumptara
  • @rjoys8 ohhh, I should look at babygearlab.com 
  • I keep getting complaints from family about not finding out the gender because they keep saying "well what are we supposed to buy you?!". Haha, pretty much any baby gear you can think of! Getting baby essentials instead of all pink or blue clothes or even pink or blue gear was part of why we are waiting to find out! Though the biggest reason is definitely the fun of the surprise.

And baby clothes aren't that expensive, we can get buy with some plain basics at first and move on from there. NBD.
    bumptara
  • We are going to start our registry this weekend! 
    bumptaraAe_Lovely321
  • It's awesome that you are all researching the items you want so thoroughly! 

Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)?
  • I haven't added one yet but I would love a baby monitor that has video. I haven't decided on one to go with though. I kind of like the ones that are on your wifi and you can connect to your phone.
    bumptara
  • We're keeping it simple and frugal for the most part and haven't included any tech items.  A baby monitor will be a must when baby moves into their own room, but haven't picked one out yet since our registry focuses on early months. 
    bumptara
  • A baby monitor for sure but we're just not sure on the brand.
  • I have a video baby monitor on my registry.  What else is recommended? I'm always down for researching new items to add!
  • Definitely a baby monitor.  I have one with my son and will want one with my second child!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Would love to get one of the Angelcare movement monitors.  I had such anxiety with my first that I barely slept when she was sleeping.  I think this would give me piece of mind. 
  • We have a video baby monitor on there too. No other tech I don't think!
  • We have a baby monitor on there and also a dohm sound machine but not sure if that counts as high tech.
  • Need more help with your registry?  Join BRU’s Ready, Set, Registry Event happening on April 1st at 10am. Tour the store with a Personal Registry Partner who’ll answer all of your registry-related questions.

What item do you want the most from your registry?
  • I definitely want the stroller travel system.  It's a big ticket item and I'm doubtful I'll get it at my shower, but we plan on purchasing it if I don't.  
  • The bob flex jogging stroller!
  • I really hope I get some of the more expensive items from my registry, like my stroller and car seat. I know that sounds tacky, but having a baby is so expensive and having those higher priced items off the list would be a huge relief. I love when people pitch in and buy a larger group gift like these.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

kirstenpierce31CapricaAndrea
  • All of it pretty much.  We plan on getting everything unless someone gifts us with something similar.  
    kirstenpierce31bumptara
  • The item i really want from my registry is the Chicco nextfit convertible carseat.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Pregnancy Ticker
    bumptara
  • I really want all the big stuff too. Car seat, crib, stroller, high chair. All those bigger things that add up really fast!
    bumptara
  • Ditto on the stroller. It's also the biggest-ticket item on our list! 
  • These registries sound really great, Bumpies! 

How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?
  • We haven't yet, only people that have asked me if i've registered I told. My mom is going to include it on the shower invite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards