babies"r"us registry party (closed) — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party (closed)

bumptarabumptara admin
Moderator 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
edited May 2017 in 2nd Trimester
You’re invited! 

We’re throwing a Baby Registry Party right here in the Bump Community, brought to you by Babies”R”Us! 

It all happens this Friday, March 24th, right here on the 2nd Trimester board from 12-2PM ET. 

This party will celebrate you, your baby, and (of course) your registry. We want to hear all about it! We’ll feature registry-related topics over the course of this chat so you can mix, mingle, and discuss all things registry. Plus, find out your fellow Bumpies have on their minds about their registries. 

It’s not a party without goodies! Two lucky participants will be randomly chosen to receive a $100 gift card to Babies”R”Us. Plus, one lucky winner will receive a Motorola Remote Wireless Video Monitor - MBP36S! All you have to do is join in on the discussion to be entered for a chance to win. 

Stay tuned for more info as the date gets closer! No purchase necessary. See official rules.
kirstenpierce31

Re: babies"r"us registry party (closed)

• Will be there 
    bumptara
  • Not getting to join this party 
  • bumptarabumptara admin
    Moderator 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    edited March 2017

Welcome Bumpies!

We're so excited to have you celebrating with us here at our Baby Registry Party, brought to you by Babies"R"Us! At BRU, you receive 10% back on all registry purchases

Remember, by joining in on the discussion, you're entered for a chance to win! Two lucky participants will be randomly chosen to receive a $100 gift card to Babies”R”Us. Plus, one lucky winner will win a Motorola Remote Wireless Video Monitor - MBP36S. For official rules, see above.

Let's get the party started - and start chatting!

Throughout the next two hours, I'll be posting a new topic for you all to discuss. Our first topic is:

When did you start putting together your registry?

• Ae_Lovely321Ae_Lovely321 member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2017
    DH and I started our main registry about two weeks ago.  As a FTM it is pretty overwhelming to all the options out there.  
    bumptara
  • Haven't started our registry yet. Not sure when the "normal" time to start is?
    bumptaraAe_Lovely321
  • We started an online registry at the end of first trimester, keeping it private and using it as a way to narrow down so many options! We will make it public in a few weeks (I'm 24wks now). 
    bumptara
  • We started, and pretty much finished a few weeks ago. The first thing we made sure to pick was a stroller since it's a major purchase and would affect what infant car seat we would choose. We haven't added many toys or clothes to the registry as those are things people will get some fun out of choosing themselves instead of picking specifics from a list. 
    bumptara
  • I started adding random things to a registry a few weeks ago when I started looking at products.  Then about a week ago, my friend offered to throw me a baby shower, my boyfriend and I started choosing what we might really need.  
    bumptara
  • We have started our registry. Too many options! We looked like a deer in headlights when it came to the bottle section!
    Ae_Lovely321
  • Starting to put together a registry is always so exciting!  

Another question: What items on your registry are for baby's nursery?
  • I have a few high ticket times on my registry, like a crib and glider/ottoman set.  Then I also lower priced have sheets, nightlight, a mobile, etc. 
  • With LO #1, we were probably over halfway through before we started adding to the list. We're the best procrastinators ever. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
    bumptaravirginiaham
  • @dogdisnylovr I think whenever you feel ready is a normal time.  
    bumptara
  • We haven't started a registry yet, we are wait for our A/S next week. But our BRU has breastfeeding classes through our local health department, so I was going to go to the next one. I'm a little unsure on what's important to register for related to breastfeeding
  • I think I started a registry just a couple of weeks after we found out. My planner inside me wanted to look at all of the nursery options! 

We are waiting til baby is born to find out the gender so I have gone back and forth on a nursery theme a couple of times. Looking through what's available was helpful to narrow it down.

twinkle0101
  • Ae_Lovely321Ae_Lovely321 member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2017
    We have avent natural bottles, a Graco slim fit all in one convertible car seat,  and a lot of gender neutral item like burp clothes,  hoodie towels, a wrap, etc. 
  • We started the registry at 15 weeks...mainly because MIL was already going crazy with purchases and I don't want to have a ton of stuff to take back.  Hubby has given me free reign, which is overwhelming but also will make it go quickly.  

We plan to purchase crib and dresser, so not much is actually for the nursery other than a changing pad and bedding.  
    bumptara
  • Hey everyone!
    We have already started our registry and are so excited to add new things, big and small! Sometimes it feels overwhelming, but using the registry checklists definitely makes things easier!
    One of my favorite things we have added is the Graco 4 ever car seat. It will stay with baby from newborn, until they're up to 120 lbs!! Wow that seems like a really great investment. 
    Definitely excited! Congrats to everyone!
    kirstenpierce31bumptara
  • I started more than one registry actually and both have different cribs on them... probably need to filter through some of those duplicate items!
    bumptara
  • We started our registry around 15 weeks and have a crib and changer on there for the nursery, along with mobile and storage baskets and other smaller things
    twinkle0101bumptara
  • @LeA2017! I feel you on the bottles.  I just went with avent natural because I plan to breastfeed/pump. According to the description it reduces colic and helps the baby with breastfeeding because of the nipple design.  I've been told though that the baby will take what it wants so we might grab another brand to try out as a back up. 
    twinkle0101bumptara
  • We were looking at Avent bottles and will probably try that brand out!
  • We love hearing about your registries, Bumpies! 

Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?
  • LeA2017! said:
    We have started our registry. Too many options! We looked like a deer in headlights when it came to the bottle section!

@LeA2017! I feel you on the bottles.  I just went with avent natural because I plan to breastfeed/pump. According to the description it reduces colic and helps the baby with breastfeeding because of the nipple design.  I've been told though that the baby will take what it wants so we might grab another brand to try out as a back up. 
    I hear you too on bottles!  I have no idea where to start.  I put a couple of options on my registry, but I'm not sure if they're good choices or if he'll take to them.  I'm planning on breastfeeding/pumping as well.  I was advised to introduce him early to the bottle. 
    Ae_Lovely321
  • I started my registry around 13 weeks, I keep it private and use it as a shopping list though. 
    Nothing on there is for his nursery because he won't have his own room until he is about a year old. 
    bumptara
  • We started our registry at around 18-19 weeks. Decided to go with Amazon and BRU which I feel like gave us and our friends/family nice diversity.

We were fortunate enough to have my in laws buy us all our nursery furniture and bedding, but we still put a few things on there for the nursery. Like the hamper, changing pad, swaddles, etc!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 33, DH: 36 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sep 2016) = BFP!  DD born May 2017
    FET #2 (Apr 2019) = in progress!
  • I have a small, private registry started right now. I have two issues, though, that are holding up any real registry decisions. First, we are in a very small apartment right now, and probably won't convert our office space into a nursery right away. So we don't want to end up with too much stuff and no where to put it. Second, so many of my friends and family have kids already and are telling us they have stuff to pass on to us. I don't want to register for something if we are getting in for free second hand. The whole process is getting pushed off since I am finding it overwhelming.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    kirstenpierce31bumptaraKylieslip24
  • rnw2019rnw2019 member
    100 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2017
    Husband started on the registry pretty early, as he LOVES researching gear. We started fleshing it out in earnest around 20 weeks, in anticipation of baby shower invites going out. We have a registry on Babylist, and one for a brick-and-mortar store and it's linked to the Babylist one. 

ETA: we have pretty normal stuff on there; we are doing glass bottles and cloth diapers. We also have 2 strollers, one jogging stroller and one that folds up into a lightweight carry-on size container. 
    bumptara
  • I am a researcher by heart and started mine around 7 weeks.  The platform I'm using sends me price changes and I've been able to snag a few items when they've dropped significantly in cost.

For nursery items, we have a crib and end table from a matching set, a rocker, and a few small handmade items.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

bumptara
  • We started our online registry last month. So far we've only been able to get into the store once. Not sure what qualifies as a unique item, but we did add the Baby Bullet for making our own baby food when the time comes. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    bumptara
  • I don't really have anything surprising or unique on my registry.  One thing that I thought was cute was the Baby Aspen "Let the Fin Begin" Bundle Set.  
    bumptara
  • I don't think it's unique but I didn't know they existed until I saw it. It is a pacifier that distributes medicine for like 2 bucks. I don't know if I should get the shooter one as well though.  
  • edited March 2017
    Did you have a hard time picking out your cloth diapers?
    I was just telling my husband I thought we should give it a try, but as new parents I'm not sure what ones to go for. @rjoys8
    erindippity
  • Surprising items: I added mustache pacifiers and a Walking Dead onsie that references Judith's name from Daryl.  :)  Both made me laugh and can't wait!
    thistle8677
  • We also plan on making our own baby food so we went with the kiinde bottle system because I like that you can use the squeezy pouches for food and get the spoon adapter to feed the baby on the go. I also like the cooler you can get that has room for about 6 pouches when they're filled with milk or food for transporting. I don't think there is really anything else unique or surprising on my registry. Maybe the medela hands free pumping bustier which isn't really unique but might catch people off guard when scrolling through since it just looks kind of strange :) i've heard its a must have though!
    thistle8677
  • We started a registry a couple of weeks ago when I was about 15 weeks! It has been so fun! For the nursery, we put bedding, a changing pad, and a few decorations.

ive already purchased the Avent bottles. They seem to have the best reviews out there.

the most surprising thing I've put on my registry is stretch mark gel and my MIL already purchased it for me. She's looking out for me, lol!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

Ae_Lovely321
  • We have the basics on our registry which we started a few weeks ago. Because this is our 3rd baby and the second will be 4 when this one is born, we are basically starting from scratch with furniture and gear! Our registry will mostly likely be just for our eyes since we've already had two kids - not as welcoming to be like Hey everyone we need more stuff! Lol so our registry is more of a list of what we need to save $ to purchase. 
  • @virginiaham I love homemade items.  I'm secretly hoping someone in mine or DH's  family makes a baby blanket.  What is the price changer alert platform you're using? 
    virginiaham
  • And cloth diapers too! We are trying the bumgenius freetime.
    kirstenpierce31
  • Bottles are crazy overwhelming!  I registered for a couple of avent, tomee tippee, dr. browns and munchkin latch...hopefully baby will like one of those and then I can buy more of what's working to be ready for back to work.
    Knottie62709228
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards