Trying to Get Pregnant

Really New to Charting & OPK's

MannMamaMannMama member
edited March 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi Everyone,
I hope I'm posting in the appropriate place for my questions. I'm really new & confused when it comes to testing with opk's. On CD 8 & 9, it looked like both tests were positive to me, but this morning CD13 it looks positive to me too! Am I reading them right, is it positive?
Thanks in advance for the love & support!

Re: Really New to Charting & OPK's

• Please do not post pictures of items that you have peed on/stuck into your pee. It is against the TOU for this community. Make sure you have read the pinned newbie guide in the forum, lurk around a bit, and use the search feature on the boards for questions like this.

Make sure to read the instructions for your particular OPKs. Consistency is key with using them and you may have to chart for a while to learn your cycle. Many ladies here will recommend temping as a more consistent method.
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • It won't let me delete it...I'm trying.

• MannMama said:
    Hi Everyone,
    I hope I'm posting in the appropriate place for my questions. I'm really new & confused when it comes to testing with opk's. On CD 8 & 9, it looked like both tests were positive to me, but this morning CD13 it looks positive to me too! Am I reading them right, is it positive?
    Thanks in advance for the love & support!

QFP

@MannMama the directions typically say that if the test is the same darkness/darker than the control then it's positive. You may want to get one with the smiley faces to confirm if you're ever unsure. That said, it's typically not practice on the board to post things you've peed on.

Moving forward, we recommend you read the Newbie Guide and rules for the boards, post an intro on the Newbie thread so we can learn more about you and your journey, lurk, and to jump in and join the daily posting boards once you feel comfortable enough to do so. We hope you stick around!
    Me:30  DH:30
    Married: 4/16
    TTC #1: 7/16 (NTNP 9/15)
  • MannMama said:
    It won't let me delete it...I'm trying.
    The picture is gone now. Thank you. The rest of our advice still stands. Good luck
  • How do I delete my post?

• @MannMama no need to delete your post. Welcome to the board. I echo PPs to check out the newbie guide which will answer a lot of your questions regarding TTC and OPKs. The best place to ask general questions like this are in the daily WTO threads since there's a lot of us using OPKs each month. The general rule is not to post pics of any kind of test on this board, but if you want you can PM me the pic, I don't mind looking and will share what I think. 

For me personally, my test isn't positive unless the test line is darker than the control. But this will be something you'll learn about your own body as you have more months tracking your cycle. Introduce yourself in the newbie thread (if you haven't already) and jump in to the WTO thread.
  • @TravelingCouple Thank you, I really appreciate the tips! 
  • I typically have about 2-3 days of nearly positive. The only time I get a true positive is by testing in the afternoon. Get some Wondfos from Amazon and start testing a few times a day until you figure out the best time for you to catch your surge.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18