May 2017 Moms

NBR: East Coast Snow Day

How many people are getting walloped? What are your plans for the day?

I'm pretty happy because snow days mean work from home days for me, and it's nice to sit on the couch and watch it come down. Luckily, DH is home to help me take care of the cars and driveway this afternoon. We've had a really mild winter this year in Pennsylvania, so I haven't had a chance to get tired of the snow - I know people in New England probably aren't feeling the same way!

Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: NBR: East Coast Snow Day

• Well I drove to work from duchess county NY to new Haven CT because I work in the hospital got here in 2 hours great time. On the walk to work I slipped, did a split, peed all over myself and then was sent to labor and delivery for a check up. So we'll see what happens from this. They told me to swipe in so I'm getting paid to sit here which isn't bad I guess. Envying my husband and son safe at home
  • That stinks, @Yiggle09! I hope that everything is okay and that you aren't too sore after the fall. Being essential personnel makes snow days much less fun. What do you do at the hospital? 

• Loading the player...
  • @kns1988 I'm an xray tech
  • @Yiggle09, that sucks, I'm sorry. Hopefully you and baby are doing ok. 

Snow day here (suburbs of Boston). My office is closed and I'm hanging out with DH and DS waiting for the snow to start. I have a little head cold, so I'm hoping to get some downtime, but a snow day with a toddler requires near constant entertaining.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My house is getting over 2 feet today while I'm in Florida. If I was home, I definitely wouldn't be going to work. 
    I'm praying my flight home tomorrow doesn't get cancelled because it looks like every airline tomorrow is booked, and I'm antsy to be home. The bulk of the snow is supposed to be today, so fingers crossed. 
  • Snow day for us. We already have over a foot on the ground and I'm told we're pretty much at the half way point right now. It's going to be a long day of trying to entertain DD. 
  • Northern NJ here. Def a snow day here, but the snow occasionally shifts to rain/sleet, so who knows how much we'll get when all is said and done? Preschool was canceled, and my husband is working from home. If the wind calms down, I'll take my son outside. I may also bake a cake because, you know, pregnant.

@Yiggle09 -- I hope you're ok! I stay at home for now, but I've worked a bunch of snowstorms as an RN. Lots of love to all the healthcare workers who had to brave the weather today!
  • @slowmo, What kind of cake? I've been watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix for the past 2 weeks, and it has me wanting to bake something! I might make some cookies today. 

• SKZWSKZW member
    @Kipperoo: It's about 10 am and we have about 3 inches here near Worcester already. Good luck with the cold plus toddler-wrangling today (@Icarriedawatermelon too).

@Yiggle09: I hope you're okay. Silver lining: At least you're on the clock?

@Jens_Hoes: I hope you make it home tmrw without too much delay!
  • @kns1988 - Chocolate/chocolate cake! I use a recipe for an 8x8 pan, so I don't go totally crazy. I should watch that show -- I hear it's great.
  • Southern NH here on the MA border. We're already getting snow, plows have already been coming by several times now, which for me living on a dead-end side street neighborhood is pretty darn frequent. The latest forecast map has is solidly in the 16-24" range. 

I did save some good projects for the next 2 days. I want to make a dent in my ginormous cross stitch Stitch-Along project. We might bake some cookies. I have a pile of new LuLaRoe inventory to photograph. I need to catch up on laundry too. I don't need to leave the house until Thursday and I plan on doing just that.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • I'm in Indiana and we got about 3 inches between yesterday morning and this morning. It got really cold so all the snow that was melting froze. Just enough to cause a pain this morning and prevent me from being able to drive DS to the bus stop since I couldn't get my windshield de-iced in time. I also lost a wiper blade that was frozen to the windshield this morning. 

I think I'd rather have what everyone int he northeast got. My uncle and cousins live in Rhode Island and I would love to have a snow day. We don't get enough here in Indiana for that. Just enough to cause car accidents and make travel annoying!
  • So baby had a heart deceleration and we're getting admitted for 24 observation. Glad I packed my phone charger and other things..
  • @Yiggle09 sorry to hear that, please keep us updated. Hope all is ok! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• @Yiggle09, oh no...keep us posted. Hopefully it's an uneventful 24 hours.
  • @Yiggle09, thinking about you! I hope everything is okay.

• @Yiggle09 Hope everything is ok!

I'm totally just lurking this thread because I miss snow days and I'm living vicariously through all of you.  We are on our second day in a row (in 2017) above 90 degrees.  I'm not ready for the heat.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Yiggle09 said:
    So baby had a heart deceleration and we're getting admitted for 24 observation. Glad I packed my phone charger and other things..
    Oh no! Thinking of you 
  • @Yiggle09 Thinking of you!

Definitely no snow day here. I'd prefer if there was though, it's supposed to hit 92 today and it's making me so grumpy. I already swell naturally when its hot, add the pregnancy onto that and goodbye rings, goodbye shoes, hello discomfort :(
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot and @nda_roxybabe I know you hate it but I'm totally embracing this warm Arizona weather while I'm here! Next week I will head back to the dreaded cold and wet. 

@Yiggle09 Hope everything is ok! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @Yiggle09  Hope everything is okay! If it makes you feel any better, I fell pretty hard on ice while running about 6 weeks ago and the baby was fine. It's a bit scary being in labor and delivery, but they did a lot of monitoring and an ultrasound and all was fine. Thankfully, your belly is pretty padded and your baby should be well protected.
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @Yiggle09: Oh no! So sorry to hear that. Thankfully you're at exactly the right place for spending time during a blizzard. FX and good luck!
  • kat81kat81 member
    @Yiggle09 I hope everything is ok!

Kids' schools are cancelled and I'm on spring break anyway, so it's kind of a bummer rather than if I got cancelled as well. But it's been ok. DH is teleworking and doing some of the parenting even though it should be my job today. He also had to shovel the snow. Some people were saying we'd have two days cancelled, but it looks like the snow has been a bit wimpy (compared to the forecast), so I hopeful that everything is up and running tomorrow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well around 1 I started getting real consistent contractions they tapered off around 2 baby looks great, water still intact they just don't like my uterus. They checked my cervix they can fit a finger tip in. I'm hoping to be released tomorrow but if my uterus doesn't calm down I'm nervous 
  • Also totally lurking on this thread bc we are not getting any snow but @Yiggle09 im praying for you! Hoping things slow down and that baby stays put!! Its no fun waiting around in l&d, so hopefully you'll be out soon!
  • I hope you all are safe!! I heard some areas received 3 feet of snow!! I do not miss that from living in Ohio! Stay cozy and safe everyone!! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • SKZWSKZW member
    We got about 12 inches yesterday. My hubbs spent 2 hours clearing it yest evening after the storm passed. Problem was, it was a very wet and heavy snow, which makes the shoveling slow going. We have a modest driveway and small sidewalks, and it still took him a long time. Then, finally, he's inside for about 10 mins, warming up, just about to de-clothe, and the street plow comes by for the first/only time! So he swears loudly and goes back outside for another whole hour to clear the apron. I told him I wished I could help, and I really meant it, poor guy. But my mom made us soup for din, so that helped.  :)  He's hurting today though.
  • At the airport trying to get home. My flight into Baltimore seems to be good and my flight to Albany hasn't been cancelled yet. Fingers crossed!!
    we got over two feet yesterday and I'm so glad I had to shovel none of it. 
  • Jens_Hoes said:
    At the airport trying to get home. My flight into Baltimore seems to be good and my flight to Albany hasn't been cancelled yet. Fingers crossed!!
    we got over two feet yesterday and I'm so glad I had to shovel none of it. 
    FX you make it home! 
  • @Yiggle09 I hope you get released today! 
  • @Jens_Hoes , I hope you make it back today!! My boss flew from Boston to Newark this morning, no problem. It seems like most of the flight paths are open!

@Yiggle09 , fingers crossed you get released today!

@SKZW , we got about 10 inches at our house and it was a similar story--it took FOREVER for my poor DH to shovel. And he had to do it in the sleeting rain/snow mix. I wish I would have planned ahead and found a neighborhood kid to do it for some extra cash. DH was miserable. 
  • @Yiggle09 , I'm sorry that baby failed the NST, but I'm glad they are keeping a close eye on you. Keep us posted on your progress!! 
  • @Kipperoo did you make it home safe
  • @Yiggle09 , I thankfully didn't have to go anywhere during the storm. The roads the next day were pretty clear. I'm so over this winter...just waiting for the spring to come. I thought about you on Wednesday when I slipped in my work parking lot, but the fall was definitely not dramatic. It was a slow, awkward fall and I landed on my knees and caught myself with the palm of my hand (which is now very scraped up). I'm so clumsy on ice...