September 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3/13

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3/13

• @amandarene112 Half way through your post I was planning to suggest you say "We're probably going with --- or ---" but I see you already tried that. Maybe just stop responding? Although, I did that with my mother in law's ridiculous recipes (cabbage casserole, anyone?) and she still sends them, so maybe not...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 maybe not cabbage casserole but my dad makes some pretty killer cabbage rolls! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @daniellelynette :D:D at "the pooper" reminds me of billy madison, "he called the $#it poop". 

My bitchfest is all about the snow as well. It's messing with my day alone. It's there's too much snow I'll just keep DS home with me.  :'( 
  • We had so many people suggest names, and it was really hard bc we honestly didn't have anything picked out until he was almost born.  People got really pushy about it, too!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Argh I cannot get these people to call me back on an important work thing. Told them we wanted it done Friday...silence. Emailed today...silence. Called...silence. I don't know if it's because I'm younger, female, or just someone they don't want to talk to but all these older men keep ignoring me! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My BF...getting up to work at 3:30 am sucks! 

Stay safe all you folks getting hit by the blizzard! 
  • I noticed my living room smelled weirdly like cigarette smoke a few minutes ago. Yeah, my neighbor is stoned off his ass and smoking in the hall way. I don't think he realizes where he is. It is 2:12 in the afternoon. I called the office, and they're sending someone up to check on him/get him in his house/take away his cigarettes. This is a nice building, it's supposed to be smoke free, and this is not the first time something like this has happened with him. They've kicked people out for less, so why is this jerk still here, making my house smell like toxins and sitting next to my front door?! 

• @amandarene112 wooooww! That's pretty ridiculous. Good for you for calling the office! 
  • Hold the phone - there's a first trimester glucose test?! What does this involve?! 

Also - I can't stand when family overshares your personal business!! 
  • Hold the phone - there's a first trimester glucose test?! What does this involve?! 

I am pregnant with twins, so I have to do extra of everything. I guess with twins there is a higher risk of gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @amandarene112 You could download the babyname app with your friend as your "partner" and maybe that will satisfy her need to send you names all the time? Pitch as something fun to do together as you explore names? Ps. I love your traditional names. I'm a traditional name fan. :)
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>

I have to have two. My OB said this was the new standard. My first test is next week.

• I had no idea, but I'm also bad about reading up on these things. Glad you passed your first one!!! 
  • My glucose test is at 27 weeks, I have a little sheet from my doctor with all tests and what weeks they'll happen and stuff, it's helpful

I only have to do two because of a long family history with diabetes. I think the standard varies by doctor.

• I'm so over dealing with crazy people this week. It is literally out of control. I had to make a police report today over harassment from one of the crazy people and I've had to deal with my brother's crazy super old cougar girlfriend who just will not go away, ever! 
  • mrsmgsee said:
    DPandMB said:
    Ok. Here is a new one. DH downloaded some stupid  game on his phone and wont stop playing it. He gets engulfed and I swear I am going to throw his damn phone in the street.
    Omg mine does it too but he is ALWAYS on that damn thing all the time. Seriously every free second he has he's playing some stupid game. I just want to strangle him. 
    Ugh, mine does that too. Most of the time I don't mind, but when I'm trying to talk to him, or when he's just sitting on the toilet for 15 minutes, it gets on my nerves.
    I WISH mine only spent 15 minutes on the pooper lmao he can spend 45 to an hour in there. And then he comes out and complains that his legs are numb. 
    I was laughing reading this & had to tell my fiancé. He smiled and nodded saying proudly "yup that's me. Did you write that babe?" Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• My issue today is that I got the actual panorama results back from online (my doctor called last week and everything looked great) and discovered they only tested for one of the micro deletions instead of all 5. The lab said that's all my doctor requested but when I called my doctor they're out until Wednesday. There are two prices, one with the micro deletions and one without, so even one test will make it more the higher price, and I'll have to do a redraw to get it test again. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to fight the doctor since we requested all the things and they didn't select it and DH doesn't think (and I agree) that we should have to pay for the second test. But that means I have to be assertive and tactful at the same time which is always... Fun.

I also had to do a 1st trimester glucose test as my mother had it when she was pregnant with me. 
  • @wineren wow I would be so pissed! Good luck with talking to the dr and I hope they fix their mistake!

• Re: the Facebook stuff. I would be furious. I have told my whole family not to say a word on Facebook until I do. It's bad enough that my mom has (against my wishes) told everyone she's seen since we told her. Also, I have almost unfriended my own mother multiple times due to political posts on Facebook. I just don't have the patience for propaganda. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • cmar1006 said:
    Hold the phone - there's a first trimester glucose test?! What does this involve?! 

I am pregnant with twins, so I have to do extra of everything. I guess with twins there is a higher risk of gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. 
    I also have to do a glucose test every trimester thanks to PCOS related insulin resistance. Not looking forward to them at all.