September 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3/13

Lets hear it ladies. Bitch away.

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3/13

• Ok. Here is a new one. DH downloaded some stupid  game on his phone and wont stop playing it. He gets engulfed and I swear I am going to throw his damn phone in the street.

• Loading the player...
  • We got hit with a few inches of snow last night too. Although I'm in minnesota so I can't really bitch about March snow because, well, minnesota. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DPandMB said:
    Ok. Here is a new one. DH downloaded some stupid  game on his phone and wont stop playing it. He gets engulfed and I swear I am going to throw his damn phone in the street.
    Omg mine does it too but he is ALWAYS on that damn thing all the time. Seriously every free second he has he's playing some stupid game. I just want to strangle him. 
  • We've had zero snow this winter, and I'm pissed about that. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • DPandMB said:
    Ok. Here is a new one. DH downloaded some stupid  game on his phone and wont stop playing it. He gets engulfed and I swear I am going to throw his damn phone in the street.
    Omg mine does it too but he is ALWAYS on that damn thing all the time. Seriously every free second he has he's playing some stupid game. I just want to strangle him. 
    Ugh, mine does that too. Most of the time I don't mind, but when I'm trying to talk to him, or when he's just sitting on the toilet for 15 minutes, it gets on my nerves.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @awildrose same here and I'm pissed too. 

DH left for New England today for his old job commitments for tomorrow. The coordinators know damn well everything will be shut down and DH won't be able to work or catch his flight home tomorrow night. This is causing him to miss his current job and he barely has a week of leave for the whole year. I'm pissed. 
  • mrsmgsee said:
    DPandMB said:
    Ugh, mine does that too. Most of the time I don't mind, but when I'm trying to talk to him, or when he's just sitting on the toilet for 15 minutes, it gets on my nerves.
    I WISH mine only spent 15 minutes on the pooper lmao he can spend 45 to an hour in there. And then he comes out and complains that his legs are numb. 
  • awildrose said:
    We've had zero snow this winter, and I'm pissed about that. 
    South Georgia didn't have winter this year lol 
  • SNOW = canceling of NT scan and MaterniT21 bloodwork! Seriously 12-15+ inches then another 2-4 on Wednesday!!! Seriously! I'm so terribly upset over this.... that's my only bitch this week, I can get over puking all morning, over no sleep day night and over my DH being out of town Wednesday-Sunday but not the snow!  
  • mrsmgsee said:
    DPandMB said:
    I WISH mine only spent 15 minutes on the pooper lmao he can spend 45 to an hour in there. And then he comes out and complains that his legs are numb. 
    The first and only time DH did this in our 1 bath house I told him matter-of-fact that more men die on the toilet from straining that long then you'd think. The house motto is shit-n-git lol
    Omg I can't stop laughing ha! I'm gonna tell him that!! We've unfortunately got two bathrooms but still...
  • SNOW = canceling of NT scan and MaterniT21 bloodwork! Seriously 12-15+ inches then another 2-4 on Wednesday!!! Seriously! I'm so terribly upset over this.... that's my only bitch this week, I can get over puking all morning, over no sleep day night and over my DH being out of town Wednesday-Sunday but not the snow!  

That's horrible. Where are you located again?

• ColoradoHikerColoradoHiker member
    edited March 2017
    @DPandMB Haha, that was going to be my bitch for the day.  They're calling for 11-17" total where I live in MD.  I am severely unimpressed.  ETA-  The thing with the phone games, that's how I felt about the new Pokemon last summer.  I wanted to kick all the phones out of people's hands, especially the ones who said it got them exercising together as a family.  

Related to the above, my BF is that my company does not do 'snow days'.  I work on a base, and if the base closes, we have the choice of either using a vacation day, or telecommuting.  And since I am a lab researcher, and have a limited amount of things I can do by telecommuting.. it mostly means vacation days.  and reading a lot of papers.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • We are supposed to get between 1-2 feet of snow. I went to Trader Joe's this morning and the entire town was there. 
  • I hate snow. My dh proposed to me on a snowing mountain it made for great pictures but boy was my hair frozen lol 
  • @DPandMB I'm located in North Eastern Pennsylvania and we had such a mild winter! I actually hate to even bitch about it and if it weren't for my appointment tomorrow I wouldn't care about the snow.   There is just little to no chance I can get there without walking.... which I've considered since it's only about 7 miles... my husband is not so supportive of me walking.... you since it's a blizzard and all...
  • Ugh.. the snow.. I'm jealous. Some areas of Colorado had a really bad winter with very little snow. I miss it! On the other hand, DH is flying into NY tonight and thinks he may be stuck there for a little while- so he will not be home tomorrow like we thought  :/
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jillibean0871 I am in Southern VA. I know I shouldn't complain, but trees and flowers have been blooming here for the last couple of weeks and I HATE snow.

• DPandMB said:
    I broke down in tears over this same thing about 2 weeks ago. Cry worthy? No, but I'm claiming pregnancy hormones, lol. I told him it makes me feel like he would rather play a stupid game than talk to me. He has gotten MUCH better after my temper tantrum, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    awildrose said:
    We've had zero snow this winter, and I'm pissed about that. 
    South Georgia didn't have winter this year lol 
    Haha, North Alabama didn't either. I have zero complaints.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine is super silly. 

Today is bring your kid to work day for the school board in our county. SO is a school board electrician and he brought DD of course. He keeps sending me all these adorable pictures of her being taken around to all the schools he works at and I'm jealous cause I want to go have fun with them too! Lol

(but I'm super happy for them!) 
  • @jillibean0871 That absolutely sucks. I'm sorry. :disappointed:

My bitch is this damn lower back/coccyx pain. It's my lowest lumbar, practically my butt, and my tailbone, and it is constant. The stretches the doctor gave me seem to make it worse, heat does nothing, and the prenatal chiropractor can't get me in unto Friday. So, I guess I'll just keep creaking and shuffling around the house like little old lady all week. :confused:

• @DPandMB @ColoradoHiker My DH still plays that pokemon game. Like ALL THE TIME. Every time we go outside, walk the dogs, drive anywhere... I want to sneak in and delete his damn account. 
  • Ae_Lovely321Ae_Lovely321 member
    edited March 2017
    My mom made a comment on Facebook that rubbed me the wrong way.  She posted a pic of her and some of her grandkids from this weekend when they hung out.  Some randomly lady asked my mom how many grandkids she has and my mom responded with "7 and 1/3". Then she tagged me in it and explained to this stranger how I'm expecting and what not. I don't know if it irks me more that she referred to my unborn child as 1/3 of kid/grandkid or that she's telling a stranger my business.  

Side Note: I told her a long time ago she couldn't really discuss me or post pictures of me in uniform because she friends any rando who sends her a friend request.  She thinks it neat to know people all around the world.  
  • @amandarene112 I've been having that pain too since I was about 6 weeks. Sitting on an exercise ball seems to help me.  
  • My mom made a comment on Facebook that rubbed me the wrong way.  She posted a pic of her and some of her grandkids from this weekend when they hung out.  Some randomly lady asked my mom how many grandkids she has and my mom responded with "7 and 1/3". Then she tagged me in it and explained to this stranger how I'm expecting and what not. I don't know if it irks me more that she referred to my unborn child as 1/3 of kid/grandkid or that she's telling a stranger my business.  

Side Note: I told her a long time ago she couldn't really discuss me or post pictures of me in uniform because she friends any rando who sends her a friend request.  She thinks it neat to know people all around the world.  
    Um yeah I'd be upset too...... I can't believe she accepts every friend request..... I don't accept from anyone I don't know and even people I know but don't like... like my great aunt..... deleted her request lol.... but yeah that's not ok
  • @DPandMB and @amandarene112
    the snow projections are getting higher and higher.... Grrrr..... but luckily they rescheduled my NT scan and blood draw for Thursday morning.  Which is good but DH will be away so he can't come.   

@Ae_Lovely321 I would kill!!! My mother is so dumb with Facebook too it scares me.  She called one day last year to tell me she figured out how to send a message to someone on FB and it's just sooo cool.  I'm like great that's an option they've had for like 15 years.. welcome to 2016! Luckily I do not have a FB account so she can tag me! 

@amandarene112 I saw a chiropractor almost my entire first pregnancy it was AMAZING! 
  • This more of an annoyance than a bitch, but imma post it here anyway. ;)

One of my best friends and I have been talking about baby names since DH and I first started TTC 4 years ago, so it makes sense that I still talk to her about it some now. However, she keeps sending me random, unsolicited baby name ideas. She sends one or two a day, and they are names I would never use, that she clearly loves. It's starting to get awkward, because I'm running out of ways to politely say no to her names! We prefer more classic/traditional names- our top names right now are William and Solomon- and she keeps sending suggestions like Griffin, Paxton, Keegan, Dalton, Axel, etc. There's nothing wrong with those names, but they're so far from my aesthetic, it's surprising they came from someone who knows me so well. On Friday I sent her a "I really think we'll end up going with one of these two names" text, but the suggestions kept coming. I'm starting to wonder if it's her passive aggressive way of saying she hates our name choices!

• @daniellelynette I'm the same way, even if I'm close to them but they post a bunch a negative and political conspiracy stuff I'll delete them. I'll still hang out with them, talk send Christmas cards and all that.  I just don't want to have it shoved in my face all the time.  
  • @Ae_Lovely321 I would flip if my mom did that. 1/3 a person is insulting enough, but telling a stranger against your wished is just disrespectful. We finally told my extended family this week about my pregnancy. We decided to wait for a healthy NT scan before telling them, but my mom practically begged me on a daily basis to tell them sooner. She also literally pouted when she found out DH's extended family knew before mine, even though I explained to her that was not my idea, my in-laws told them without asking us first. It's just ridiculous.

• @amandarene112 my mom was the same way. We wanted to wait until after 12 weeks before extended family and friends knew.   She kept asking when she could tell people and ended up telling my dad before I could. I get it that they're probably really excited which I'm greatful for, but they almost make it seem like it's their big news to announce.
  • @Ae_Lovely321 Yes, exactly! My mom has always had some issues recognizing appropriate boundaries with her adult kids, but it's usually about small stuff that doesn't bother me much. This really bothers me. She also keep referring to the baby as "our baby," even though I've repeatedly asked her not to. It's her first grandkid, so I know she's just really excited, but I feel like she's not even trying to reign it in. 

• @amandarene112 that's the worst part. Fortunately I did mine first thing in the morning. I have to do it two more times. Once in each trimester. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My mom made a comment on Facebook that rubbed me the wrong way.  She posted a pic of her and some of her grandkids from this weekend when they hung out.  Some randomly lady asked my mom how many grandkids she has and my mom responded with "7 and 1/3". Then she tagged me in it and explained to this stranger how I'm expecting and what not. I don't know if it irks me more that she referred to my unborn child as 1/3 of kid/grandkid or that she's telling a stranger my business.  

@Ae_Lovely321 I kind of get the 1/3- I think she was going for you being done/ almost done with your first tri?  About a third of the way through pregnancy?  :shrugs:  However, sharing this with a complete stranger is a hell no for me.  My FIL started sharing all the pictures I would post of DS on facebook, and I don't know 90% of the people he is friends with, so I set the restrictions so he can only share with people I'm friends with as well.  Maybe you can change your privacy settings?  I think you can set them so any time someone tags you in a picture, you can review and approve first.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • This daylight savings time has messed up my sons nap schedule.  :/
  • @amandarene112 about the baby names, I had a so what similar experience with my first pregnancy, except it wasn't with my best friend, it was my crazy aunt haha. She continued to send me these horrible names that she found somewhere in our family tree. Like a LOT of bad names. I finally had to nicely say that we've already picked names, and we were wanting to keep them quiet for a little while. But thanks for those uh- nice- suggestions! We actually didn't announce DS's name until he was born, except to close family.. which didn't include my aunt!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker