November 2017 Moms

FFFC 3/10

Re: FFFC 3/10

• @ArtificialRed I love that movie too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yay! After I had a few people tell me how awful they thought it was, I seriously started to think I must be the only one that liked it. Apparently I just heard from the wrong people lol

• @ArtificialRed I had really low expectations for it which is probably why I loved it so much

• Caffeine is going to be rough.  Diet Coke is my everything.  I feel like if i cut it back to one a day, I'll be fine.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• edited March 2017
    Mine is that I've given up everything suggested for pregnant women. I know some fish is ok and I know you can have a cup of coffee but I'm so crazy paranoid that I'm just going without all of it. Even though I know many pregnant women who haven't given up things and they've been perfectly fine and have amazing beautiful babies! Maybe I'll be more relaxed with my second, but for this one I'm avoiding it all.

Also, I don't even like fish. Minus the one type of fish sushi I eat, ha.

ETA: I think you're at sweet pea now @adirat! :) So cute! I also reduced caffeine intake while TTC (and a little before) so it's not too bad for me now.

• I also can't give up my caffeine. Two daughters who wake up by 6 every morning make for one tired momma. I used to drink 3 large cups of coffee a day but now I'm down to 2 small cups. That's the best I can do!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• I haven't started taking prenatals. They make me so sick. My last pregnancy I had HG and spent a lot of time in the hospital being IV hydrated. I ended up losing 30lbs during my pregnancy. The prenatals were triggers for my vomiting so I ended up just taking folate and B6 pills instead. Honestly, I'm praying to the porcelain gods that I don't develop HG again (wishful thinking, I can feel the nausea setting in already) but I will probably just take folate and B6 pills again. 
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @karrotelle I'm sure you've tried a bunch of things but in case you haven't already tried this, I have prescriptions from my Dr. I was taking some others that made me feel really really horrible but I haven't gotten so much as a stomachache since I started these ones! 

• I also love the What to Expect movie!!

Mine is not being able to buy clothes in girl sizes once I start getting bigger. Being petite and short, I buy some of my leggings, jeans, or dresses in a girls XL. They're usually cheaper, and I don't have to worry about hemming or rolling up my pants.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @janvier112 I feel you on that one! I don't do it often but I like having the option!

• @ArtificialRed I've never seen it! I hope it's on netflix because I need to watch it now!

@DuchessOfCambridge except deli meat (and only when I have to eat it) I have given up everything too (I think...I mean let's face it, there is so much info. out there!), I went cold turkey on coffee and I am a huge coffee drinker. It's been ok though. 

Ok, mine is that DH and I agreed not to tell anyone except my two bffs until 12 weeks and I have totally told two other ladies I am close to and spend a lot of time with. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 - I drilled into FI's head that he can't tell ANYONE, and we finally agreed just his boss (who is also a close friend) and my two closest mom friends.  He came in yesterday feeling really guilty for telling his neighbor (who i really don't even know, and won't be OUR neighbor, we're moving in a couple of weeks).  I "forgave" him knowing in the back of my mind that I spilled the beans in a tight-knit divorced mom's group I'm in.  Whoops.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• @av2323 I didn't give it up with DS (even when I was BF) and have no intention to give it up this time. I have a friend currently expecting her first, and every time she sees me with something caffeinated, I can see the judgmental looks. I just don't care. 
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• I didn't give up sushi in my first pregnancy and I don't see myself giving it up now.  It will be done in moderation and not "gas station sushi" (my OBGYN's quote).  I'd likely be drinking coffee still but it's currently a food aversion which breaks my heart.  I love coffee.  
  • @av2323 I have been wearing mostly maternity pants since 2014!

• My FFFC -  My son is still in his pajamas (it's noon) and will probably remain in them for at least a few more hours, I am just that tired.
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• @TallMomma29 I'm with you on that. I *want* to think it's beautiful, but there are way too many bodily fluids, among other things, involved for me. 

• Today is the day before Spring Break, and I'm not doing a darn thing work related...

#BumpAllDay
    Anniversary

TTC: 3/23/2013, BFP: 2/28/2014, EDD: 11/6/2014, ADD: 11/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC: 2/1/2016, BFP: 3/4/2017, EDD: 11/11/2017, No HB @ 8 weeks, MC: 4/8/2017
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: 5/24/2017, BFP: 4/14/2018, EDD: 12/22/2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ChattyKitty17ChattyKitty17 member
    edited March 2017
    I keep trying to talk to my mom about my pregnancy and I think she's more of that older school of thought where you don't really talk about it until it's "safe". I am finally getting to the point where excitement is starting to outweigh anxiety and I want to talk about things and she's just very non-committal. Grrrr. Maybe in a few weeks, idk. 

My mom was very much like that with DD when I found out, she avoided it as much as possible and it really hurt me, but she and DD are best friends now, it's just hard to not have that similar interest for so long.   <3
  • Haha same here on the travel @Hopeful87!  I hate traveling around the holidays, but feel so guilty because our family all lives out of state, but now I'll have a legit excuse!   ;-)

And with child birth.... yes, so many bodily fluids (and I puked repeatedly both times and pooped on my OB!  :-o), and nothing says "beautiful!" like basically wearing a padded diaper for days afterward, right??  

• @av2323 - I love your confession! My DS is 21 months, so I've been out of mine for a while, but my confession is that I went out to an amazing dinner a few weeks ago and knew I would eat everything in sight, so dug a pair of maternity dress pants out of my basement storage to wear. All about the elastic waistband!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• ChattyKitty17ChattyKitty17 member
    edited March 2017
    I haven't started taking prenatals. They make me so sick. My last pregnancy I had HG and spent a lot of time in the hospital being IV hydrated. I ended up losing 30lbs during my pregnancy. The prenatals were triggers for my vomiting so I ended up just taking folate and B6 pills instead. Honestly, I'm praying to the porcelain gods that I don't develop HG again (wishful thinking, I can feel the nausea setting in already) but I will probably just take folate and B6 pills again. 
    I had a similar problem and had to take mine right before bed with a full glass of milk, usually by the first time I got up to pee the nausea was tolerable and I could make it through the night. 
  • I haven't started taking prenatals. They make me so sick. My last pregnancy I had HG and spent a lot of time in the hospital being IV hydrated. I ended up losing 30lbs during my pregnancy. The prenatals were triggers for my vomiting so I ended up just taking folate and B6 pills instead. Honestly, I'm praying to the porcelain gods that I don't develop HG again (wishful thinking, I can feel the nausea setting in already) but I will probably just take folate and B6 pills again. 
    I had a similar problem and had to take mine right before bed with a full glass of milk, usually by the first time I got up to per the nausea was tolerable and I could make it through the night. 
    Completely agree here. My prenatals, which I've been taking since 2012, when I was trying for my first, make me super queasy, pregnant or not. I just take them before I go to sleep and sleep through the nausea.

• 2Dash2Dash member

@Hopeful87 - the travel thing is real!  I thought about that too.  People can come to me.  I'm not travelling with such a little!  Also November babies are perfect timing for super cute Christmas card pics!!

People can come to me this Christmas (cough cough mom and dad)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hear you @DuchessofCambridge on the organization! Me and my husband keep our house very neat. The other night I brought it up to him that this was not going to be a reality once baby comes. Our house has limited closet space so his solution is we can put the baby stuff in this "one chest" we have in the family room. I laughed so hard and said, "yeah, you are so clueless, the office you use once a month has to go and instead we'll use it for a playroom." 
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge - People will tell you that you need a TON of stuff that you really, really don't. We never had a ginormous swing or bumbo or a lot of stuff I was told we absolutely had to have. The amount of stuff can get crazy if you let it, but you can get by with a very minimal amount.

... At least in the beginning. My 4 year old would tell you that every stupid toy she's gotten ever is immensely important to her and needs to be able to be seen at all times. Her room and our play room look like Toys R Us and the Disney Store threw up all over them.

• My confession is that after the first trimester I totally plan to have an occasional glass of wine...