Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How do you tell Facebook you're no longer pregnant?

I wrote this blog post about this question, but it was a really hard decision for me. How did you all handle social media after your loss?

Re: How do you tell Facebook you're no longer pregnant?

• We just posted a long post saying we lost her and requested people just leave us to deal with it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I "checked in" at the hospital and simply wrote "3rd miscarriage".   People were very understanding and sympathetic.
  • Loading the player...
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited March 2017
    *lurking* I never posted that I was pregnant, but I felt the need to share about our loss. There is a picture from the movie Up that said all without needing words. I am very sorry for your loss.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Sorry to see you going through this.
    I posted that after a scare we found out there was no heartbeat and that while we love and appreciate everyone, we would like some to grieve without being overwhelmed with calls and messages.
  • Thank you for sharing your blog post @GummiBearJ. I'm sorry for your loss of baby Sloane. I just lost my baby this week at 13 weeks. We hadn't posted on social media yet, but we'd told our family and some friends. We were going to post an announcement after we got our new ultrasound picture, but instead we went home in tears. I've been struggling with what to say to our extended families and friends. We called our parents and siblings, but it's emotionally exhausting to keep telling the story. Nothing about pregnancy loss is easy. 
  • @Wendybird2010 I had a friend go ahead and tell the small group of friends who knew I was pregnant...that way I could pick and choose who I retold the story to. It lessened the amount of times I had to repeat myself...I also kept it vague for the most part...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • We had only told few friends and family and we were saving the Facebook post for 13 weeks or later. So it was much easier to deal with when we got hit.
    But suggest that you make a subtle hint and request for prayers and privacy for this difficult time.
  • I made a post about it on here and shared what I posted on my Facebook page the support was overwhelming and I highly recommend it. Support is great during this time of need.

I'm so sorry for your loss