November 2017 Moms

*TMI* anyone scared of sex?

Ok. So i feel like a total idiot for asking this question. I mean, this is not my first pregnancy. But this is the first time I've felt this way.

Pregnancy often makes me feel rather body confident and rather amorous. Alot. But, this is my first pregnancy with my new husband. He is, how do we say.....better endowed than my previous husband. (Highly personal information, but it does matter) When I am not sick, or tired, I am rather keen to have sex with my husband. However for some strange reason i am worried it will affect the pregnancy.

I know it wont hurt the babies head and that the baby wont feel it etc. I am more concerned that any hitting of my cervix may somehow cause damage. Or heaven forbid a miscarriage. 

I am being stupid, right? 

Jeeze this was embarrassing to write. 

Re: *TMI* anyone scared of sex?

• I know a lot of women in the back of their mind know that sex won't harm the baby but still feel scared that it will. I was just days away from my missed period and I was scared to have sex thinking it would start my period. I knew that was dumb because if I was pregnant already, it wouldn't matter. This is also not my first pregnancy.
  • Going to get way TMI

little *TW*.  We were so nervous to have sex when I was pregnant with my son because we had previous losses and were nervous about *everything*.  We basically didn't do anything for the whole 9 months because we were so freaked out.  End *TW*.  

When I was pregnant with my daughter, we went on like normal.  If we got nervous about it, we just explored some positions that didn't have as deep penetration or he just didn't go in all the way.  There really is nothing to worry about from everything I've been told, but anxiety can be a beast.

Little TMI aside, when I was 4 days late with my daughter, we totally went for it very awkwardly(my husband informed me beforehand that is was "purely business sex" hahahaha), and I went into labor about 20 minutes later so something to keep in mind at the end. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I had sex during my 1st pregnancy and our Son was born healthy and well. 
    This time around, we continue our casual sex but nothing serious or rough (hehe). light and easy and just make sure YOU are comfortable. 

it can get challenging near the end with a big o belly in the way :)
    4 years TTC (Unexplained)
    2014: 3 IUIs Failed
    2014: IVF #1 succeed- Baby Boy Born 2015
    2017: IVF #2 Jan Cycle - BFP! EDD 11/2/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband and I have had sex a couple of times since we found out we're expecting, and everything has been fine - but to be honest, I feel a little bit more 'sensitive' internally, and so I don't know how much sex we'll continue to have as time goes on. Still, everything I've read suggests that sex is perfectly fine and won't hurt the baby - but what matters is what you are comfortable with! 

Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ArtificialRedArtificialRed member
    edited March 2017
    I'm a bit scared to have sex because my pgal brain couldn't handle it if it caused any (eta: totally normal, harmless) spotting. Anyone know if there's a point where that's less likely to happen? Is because of possible cervix sensitivity, right?

• @ArtificialRed I'm the same way. In my rainbow's pregnancy we literally did not have sex from the BFP until the all-clear when I was 6 weeks post because we were so scared. I'm not sure if we'll do the same this time (ugh) but if we do it'll be well after 12 weeks, I'm sure. We're both so scared. I don't know if there's a point where it's less likely to cause spotting or not. :-/
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am paranoid right now so we are mostly avoiding even though I know it's all in my head. I was the same last time but I also had an SCH during DS's pregnancy that didn't clear up until my first tri was over so I was on pelvic rest anyway.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Its kinda nice to know I am not the only one with concerns in this area. :) thank you for making me feel more normal. 
  • @ArtificialRed I completely agree about being worried about spotting. I know sex is perfectly safe but I'm terrified to do anything that may irritate my cervix and cause spotting just because I know I would absolutely freak out. But like @kschref said maybe positions that are sort of more gentle would be somewhere to start and see how you feel. 

I've only had sex once since finding out and I spent the rest of the day compulsively checking for spotting. So, yeah, not exactly sure how I'm going to approach sex for a while. 
  • TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited March 2017
    I'm on number 3 and haven't had sex since I found out, because I found out before my period was due and I was paranoid that it would make my period start (totally baseless, not an actual risk at all, but I was still scared!).  Even now I still have cramping so still too paranoid.  I think it's a very normal thing to have anxiety about sex during pregnancy even if there isn't any real risk.